Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2002 3:25:47 PM EDT
Anyone else pissed because they got killed off?

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
You're DAMN right. That is one of the crapiest story line endings I've seen in years. [(:|)]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep...!

[img]http://www.stomptokyo.com/tvdiary/Columns01/lone-gunmen/lg-1.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 4/23/2002 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]
That really sucked!!  They should have knocked the dude upside the head, pulled the alarm and ducked under the firedoors.

Although, are they really dead? This is the X-Files we are talking about[:D]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]
It really was too bad... Their independent show (The Lone Gunmen) was pretty good as well.  And as bad as the ending was, at least the producers provided some 'closure' on them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Charles Whitman
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Their own series failed, and the X-Files is almost history, so they were done either way you look at it.  Of course, if they weren't dimwits, 2 of the 3 could have escaped b/c it only took 1 to pull the switch.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Worms must eat
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to be a devoted X-Files watcher.  It's just not the same as it was a while back (First few seasons I mean).  I'm still watching these last few episodes though, just gotta do it.  Bummer on The Lone Gunmen, they cracked me up.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah it got a little weird at the end. You know....X-Files meet the Mummy, X-Files meets the Devil, X-Files meets the Sewer Goo Monster.

I did like the anti-government slant it had. The Smoking Man was my personal favorite.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the ending sucked! I did like the way they brought back Michael McKeon. I thought his character was great. He had the right mixture of jaded sarcasm and humor.

As far as the show goes, Gish is a dish! I like Robert Patrick`s Doggett. It`s nice to see a guy on that show not get his ass kicked,and then screw over the beaurecrats at their own game.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That really sucked!!  They should have knocked the dude upside the head, pulled the alarm and ducked under the firedoors.

Although, are they really dead? This is the X-Files we are talking about[:D]
View Quote

I'm glad I wasn't the only one watching thinking "Knock him out and THEN seal just him in the compartment." Plus, Fox clearly advertised the end of the line for ONE character. I watched the commercials over on tape and they CLEARLY say "for one of these people, it will be the end of everything."

Scott

P.S. Yves is the new hottie for the new millenium. At least for me. Anyone remember the first episode of "The Lone Gunmen", when she was playing the game with the MAC 10? Also, IIRC, the plotline in that episode included a jetliner being targeted against one of the WTC Towers by the government, playing out a war game scenario....

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah quite disappointing.

Frankly I thought the show had been rejuvenated somewhat with Annabeth Gish and Robert Patrick's characters taking over lead roles.

I would've been happy to see the series continue with just those two in it.

Oh well, at least now there's no real reason to watch TV on Sunday nights!

I wouldn't be surprised if they pull some 'downer' ending out of the last 4 episodes, just to heighten the perception that 'yep, it's over'. Hope not though.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Observer,

"The Man Show" is on on Sunday nights....

Scott

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top