Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/22/2002 2:45:05 PM EDT
I got some stuff in the mail today. It says it is $1/month to become a member and have all these special "MEMBERS ONLY" benefits. It also says that I can become a "Field tester" where I can be sent things including ammo, guns, hunting gear etc to test out and keep for free. Is this BS or is it real? It is very tempting. I also seen that they can (will is more like it)send me books or some other stuff and I can either keep it (which I will have to pay) or send it back. So, should I join or not?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:03:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:03:08 PM EDT
A total bunch of BS, they hook you on books,etc. send you such valuable items as a pack of sinkers, etc. I never joined but know a lot who did , they all claimed it was a rip off.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:07:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:31:17 AM EDT
Books? I've been a member for years, never got any books. That some new thing? I like the magazine. The field tester card gets sent in whenever I remember it. Its cheap, I say go for it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:44:34 AM EDT
Hell I almost sent them money because of the cool stick on address labels they sent me. Them and the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. I have no clue how they got my name. But I have about 2000 adhesive return address labels with really cool outdoorsy pics on them. Too bad I'm moving in a month. Really. I don't know how "legitimate" they are, I'll watch this post as well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:28:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:15:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:07:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:52:02 PM EDT
I threw away there membership letter, but I kept the free key chain [}:d]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:31:41 PM EDT
Life Member I like it. Bought several videos and books, a knife set and got a nice jacket for becoming a life member. Also a member of: NRA NRA/ILA AGA VHA PTSR&P Lisbon Fish and Game Uh.... I think I'm a joiner
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:47:28 PM EDT
Life Member. I got the cool leather jacket and a free magazine every month 'til I die... That was worth it! [;D] I like to look at the member's hunting photos; the "Grip & Grin" pictures. I like to read about which firearm they used for the kill. A lot of the other stuff I skip over. Now that someone has asked, though, I think I'll go back and read some more about things I don't ususally look into. Never hurts to learn more. The NAHC does have a lot of information to share regarding many aspects of hunting and what is happening in different areas. The discounts are there if you travel, too. It's worth it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:01:00 PM EDT
I joined last year. THREE WEEKS LATER, they start drubbing me for THIS YEAR'S dues. Too pushy in my opinion... Scott
Top Top