BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 9:08:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I once tried to weld the blank firing adapter to my SAW's flash hider, and partially succeeded.

I would never do that to something I personally own.

Link Posted: 11/4/2010 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The civilian guns have not been taken apart 6,000 times, cleaned with Pine-Sol and a shoe brush, then put back together.

so true.

Most people would never believe that military weapons are worn out by overcleaning and other abuse...and are rarely fired...maybe 40rnds per year.

What's worse, I see guys who got all their firearms knowledge and experience from the military who really think they have to clean their firearms like that.

That's the worst thing to me too. I love the grizzled old E-7's who think they are the kings of firearm knowledge and you talk to them and they don't even own a gun outside of the military, or they own one .38 special.

Link Posted: 11/4/2010 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The civilian guns have not been taken apart 6,000 times, cleaned with Pine-Sol and a shoe brush, then put back together.

so true.

Most people would never believe that military weapons are worn out by overcleaning and other abuse...and are rarely fired...maybe 40rnds per year.

What's worse, I see guys who got all their firearms knowledge and experience from the military who really think they have to clean their firearms like that.

That's the worst thing to me too. I love the grizzled old E-7's who think they are the kings of firearm knowledge and you talk to them and they don't even own a gun outside of the military, or they own one .38 special.

Yep. It was always fun to out-shoot them or carefully/tactfully show them that they don't know as much as they think.
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Civilian guns are usually older, black-powder type for display in front of the library or the VFW.  Military guns on a mix of electronics and mechanical system and are built into ship.

I see what you did there
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I actually took showers with my .Mil rifle.....to get the smell of brake cleaner off
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We used carb cleaner & a green scratch pad.
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Outside of the happy switch, my AR is much gooder than my issued M4.
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think you mean "more gooder".
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Friggin' grammer Nazi's
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, "mo' betta" is the correct term in this instance.
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How so?
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
One is used by the troops, as part of a government controlled, responsible entity.

The other is used by crazy people clinging to their Bibles and pickup trucks, and have no use but to kill children and innocent animals.

Link Posted: 11/21/2010 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
One you get on loan; one you own

you know... the mil would be smart to allow the option of buying their issue rifle once they retire or leave.  if only it werent for those stupid brady bitches.

The Brady's aren't to blame. I'd say it's the GCA 68 and the Firearms Owners Protection Act 1986, specifically the Hughes amendment.

Edit;

The GCA 34 as well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Military weapons tend to have to meet higher standards for robustness,reliability, strength, etc. than is typical for firearms meant for the civilian market although one can find plenty that fell well short of such standards.  A military weapon, except possiby those meant for use on horseback, is more likely to have a more robust stock that goes closer to being the full length of the weapon.  Bayonet lugs are also a feature of military weapons (horse cavalry arms again being a notable exception).  Many also have a device that allows for them to be stacked.  Adjustable iron sights are also a nearly universal feature.  All are designed to take slings and some are designed to use slings of particular sorts or in a particular configuration (such as for horse mounted use).  Sights also often have protective ears or hoods on military weapons.  Rifle grenade spigots and sights are another military feature.  Features to allow the use of contemporarily issued military accessories are also a military feature.  The ability to take or use clips is another typically military feature.  Essentially, military weapons are designed to be suitable for the manner in which they are to be used in military operations while arms designed for civilians in particular are not, although sometimes features coincide.  Of course, it is not uncommon for military weapons to be sold commercially or even to be sold slightly modified to allow that particular variation to be sold exclusively on the civilian market, as we all know.
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:58:53 AM EDT
[#16]
This whole thread makes me

Thanks for brightening up what was a shitty night at work.

What's the real difference,,,you can't legally take the .mil stuff home with you and most of it, you wouldn't want to.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top