Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2002 6:11:43 PM EDT
Just wondering what my peers do in any given day. Since today is sunday I will use this day as my reference.

Woke at the crack of 09:30 to the sounds of my wife telling me to come eat a hearty breakfast. Dressed, hooked the Ford 601 to the disc and passed it over mine and my neighbors garden spot. Unhooked the disc and attached the bushhog.  Belted on the Colts Woodsman and bushhogged the pasture. The Colts pistol was for shooting at rats as they tried to evade the bushhog. Rats/5 Pangea/0. I'm not real good at drive by cap bustin on rats. Put a new blade on the new lawnmower that my wife found a stump with and finished the 1 acre yard. Helped my son transfer 800# of corn to barrels for making medicinal elixors. Fried and ate the fish that I caught yesterday. Now I'm toasting the Canadian soldiers that died in Afghanastan with some Sundrop and Canadian Mist. Life is good even if it is fleeting.

How was your day?
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Went to bed around 6am, woke up with a phone call from my father at 930am to tell me vandals had broken into our transmitter building once again, planned an overnight camping trip complete with a few black rifles to scope the siutation out. Kicked Lori, Tina and Scott out after phone call ended, around 1025am. Called Michele and Karen to see what time they were coming over to watch the races. Washed the dogs, made some waffles and chicken for bfast chased with two white Russian. Scanned the News Sentinel for cars, guns and guitars, watched race with the girls, drank some Red Stripe, kicked the girls out around 730pm. Drove to Oak Ridge and then home to watch "Six Feet Under" and then on here to log all this.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Let's see....Up 0530, packed up "the toys" and drove 1 1/2 hours to the range. HAD FUN! 1300 head home. 1445 picked up the wife and kids and head out to my brothers to see the new neice(1 week old today). 1600 get to bros. house, do the family thing. Get home about 2000, mix a good drink, start cleanin' toys and watchin' the history channel.  

Damn, almost 6 hours just drivin'.

Can't wait to get back to work in the mornin' and get some rest[;D]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Well would normally be sleeping because I'm temporarily working a night job (SUCKS, must get back on days) but felt like crap yesterday from a little overindulgence Friday night, therefore slept all night last night and have been awake all day doing such things as being on this site, reading some Tom Clancy, going out to get a bite to eat and getting ready to go to work at 1030 CDT.  Will undoubtedly be dead tired by 0700.  Thought about going shooting but turned the idea down because it was snowing a little and more importantly am saving my ammo for an upcoming visit from my best friend in early May.

Hey, you asked.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#5]
You mean there is more to life than trolling FALFiles.com and AR15.com from my dorm room?
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Woke up at 0700 same time as my 3yr old daughter. The wife slept in and I made breakfast for me and the little one (french toast). After breakfast we played dolls and colored. Mrs. Sukebe rolled out of bed around 0830. I handed off the little one and got my gear together and headed to the range at 0900 to meet some friends for the steel plate shoot. I took my M14S, M-1 and M1911A1. It was cold and it rained like a cow pissing on a flat rock most of the day. While at the range  waiting for my buddies to show up I talked with Campy Bob about BulletfestIII. In spite of the weather the range got crowded. I fired 2 relays with the M-14 and 1 with the M1911A1. I never even uncased the M-1. I shot the sh*t for the remainder of the time. I left about 1200 and headed home. I made lunch, grilled chicked salads and strawberry short cake with fresh strawberries for dessert. At 1430 the wife and daughter took a nap and I cleaned weapons. at 1630 I took my daughter outside for a walk and we tried to play a little basketball. 1730 she was cold and we went back inside. I field dayed the head. It was ready for inspection at 1815. I played around on the net until 1930. Then I played with my daughter some more. Put her down for bed at 2100. Visited with the wife until 2145 and here I am. That's a rainey April Sunday in the life of Sukebe. As you can tell I am a mad cap, living on the razors edge, thrill seeking adventurer.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Lessee....

got up around 10:30am and had lunch, patted the dog and the kids on the head, kissed the wife and drove to work.  Helped some people out, upset a mod's delicate sensabilities and got a thread locked.  Helped some more people out.  That will be pretty much it until 1:30am when I go home and do the whole thing over tomorrow.

Shit.
Now I'm depressed!
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Got in bed around 0400 after spending about 8 hrs at the local pub [shot Coronas, and drank lots and lots of pool and messed with chicks]

Woke up at 0730 and let dog out to pee and poop.

Back to bed at 0735 and slept till 1015.  Grilled some chops for lunch and back to bed at 1200....slept till 1400.

Spent afternoon surfing and riding the 4-wheeler.  This evening I ran into really cute chick I know and made dinner date for Thursday night with her [which is cool cause she appears to be one of the good ones].....did I mention she was hot?

Back home and ate lots of jalapenos and nachos, talked to same chick cause she called me on my cell, watched X-Files and am now here with you guys.

Will be up most of the night cause I got transferred to nights effective tomorrow night.  Gotta do the sleep deprivation thing so I can sleep tomorrow.

Citing huh?

Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#10]
7 am - Awoke to the sound of large dogs wanting to go out, play, and tap dance.
Dressed and went downstairs for morning coffee and to peruse Sunday paper. Let dogs out, brought other 2 dogs in. (They were up at 6)
8 am - Had scrambled eggs and bacon. Planned attack strategy for the day. Husband went off to Home Depot to get more paint, I crept upstairs to the library for a few minutes and then took a bath.
9:30 am - Husband returned with paint to finish a few more rooms. I cleaned up the floor from the previous day's efforts, did touch up paint on the trim and helped move furniture around.
10:30 am - Began painting front stairs, slowly, carefully avoiding the stenciling I wanted to keep, and to keep paint off the antique oak trim.
1:30 pm - Broke for lunch, a ham sandwich and ginger ale.
2:00 pm - Back to finish 5 remaining stairs.
3:00 pm - Tried to assist in dining room painting, mostly stayed out of the way and offered encouraging remarks.
3:30 pm - Went to garage to unload already packed boxes from the back of my pickup onto the garage floor.
4:00 pm - Came back in, packed 6 more boxes, loaded out to garage.
5:00 pm - Crawled back up to library to play online a bit.
6:00 pm - Started dinner. Roast beast, will take a while.
9:00 pm - Dinner will be done by then, will eat, crawl back to library, and go to sleep by 10:30 pm.
For being this tired, I really should have gotten more done.

Link Posted: 4/21/2002 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Woke up at 0730, made breakfast and washed dishes.

Took Marlin carbine out of the safe and drove 40 minutes to the range.  Shot 150 home-made .357 magnums.  Had a nice conversation with the range officer.  Drove home.

Came home and had dinner which consisted of two pieces of leftover pizza, leftover quarter-slab ribs and a leftover BBQ chicken breast.  Microwaved some broccoli with ranch dressing.  Cleaned gun and tumbled brass, then did some computer work.

This evening I packed some boxes of equipment to ship tomorrow to the home office.  Had some Bud Lights and microwave popcorn.

I'll get in the rack in another hour or so.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I got up around noon, which is my normal "reveille"(I work 2nd shift). I did my laundry, washed dishes, and took out the trash. After that, I went to Wally-World to get some more drinks. Cranked up the computer to continue my search for a new rifle, then came here, as usual. Typical Sunday.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#13]
5am- got up
6am- Picked up for surveillance op.
7-10am-
11am- went to eat breakfast
12pm- organized/analyzed intel
2pm- watched tv
5pm- went to dinner
7pm-now- watched tv
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:10:26 PM EDT
[#15]
woke up, shot 300 rounds, stared at chicks in my apartment complex's pool, drank beer, forgot to look for a job or clean my apartment, again.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
6am- Picked up for surveillance op.
View Quote

Someone taking you out to scope for womenz?

-Troy
View Quote

I wish. They don't want me to talk about it at this time.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:56:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Got up @ 8:30 AM
Put a contract on a house with the wife @ 10am
Went grocery shopping @ 11am
Went furniture 'looking' at 1pm
Got a call @ 2pm that the contract was accepted!
Went and took the Mother in Law to see the house @ 3pm
Called everyone I knew @ 5 pm
Had pizza dinner @ 7pm

[b]STAYED UP ALL NIGHT TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW I'M GONNA PAY FOR THE HOUSE[/b]

[img]http://www.mcgeedigital.com/house/House.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
woke up, shot 300 rounds, stared at chicks in my apartment complex's pool, drank beer, forgot to look for a job or clean my apartment, again.
View Quote

This is the guy who wrote to me, with reference to academic assistance:

IMHO, you wrote that you were beginning your study of medicine and that you think I am "nuts"; but then you deleted the message.

Let me know if you want help with your homework. You'll get to psychiatry in your 2nd or 3rd year.
View Quote

This is bizarre.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#21]
0730 - Woke up.  Surly.  
0745 - Showered and dressed.  Out the door.
0800 - Arrive at Faire site.
0805 - Begin suiting up.
        - Tights, socks, boots.  Spurs.  Done.
        - Chemise.  Leather breeches.  Suspenders.
        - Baldric.  Frog.
        - Leather doublet.  Sleeves.  Hat.
        - Rapier.  Fighting dagger.  Eating dagger.
        - Pouch, mug, ermine-skins.  Gloves.  Done.
0825 - Sign in with director's assistant.
0830 - Natter with other actors.  Help with last-minute setup.
0900 - Morning meeting.
0930 - Fight cast practice.  Rapier and dagger.
1000 - Opening gate for the Virginia Renaissance Faire.
1200 - Grand parade when the Queen arrives in the shire.
1330 - Teaching kids about swordsmanship.
1350 - scripted rapier-and-dagger fight with Sir John Norrys.
1500 - Stage show with the fight cast begins.
1515 - Scripted fight goes awry; I take a rapier hit to my left eye.  Stage show aborted.
1517 - Medics arrive to check me out.  I'm ok.
1530 - Ice on the rapier-cut.
1600 - Change back into civvies.
1800 - Faire day is over.
1830 - Another shower.
1930 - Partying with other actors.
2030 - Relocation of party to more suitable venue.
0030 - Bed.

-BP
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#22]
0830 - Woke up and got some breakfast. Wife was already up.
0900 - Watched some TV, motocross taped.
0930 - Began digging the first of 4 holes so Mrs.Wiggy could plant her newest 'children'.
1100 - Began watering the garden and the other 'children'.
1200 - Fertilized and edged both front and back yards.
1400 - Went to see Blade 2, don't bother.
1700 - Came home and watered all of the new plants.
1900 - Re-arranged furniture in our bedroom to make room for my new AR15 and ammo.
2000 - Watched TV.
2200 - Went to bed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Had pizza dinner @ 7pm

[url]http://www.mcgeedigital.com/house/House.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Congrats Bulldog!!!  Where is that house?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Had pizza dinner @ 7pm

[img]http://www.mcgeedigital.com/house/House.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Nice House. Any land with it?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

IMHO, you wrote that you were beginning your study of medicine and that you think I am "nuts"; but then you deleted the message.

Let me know if you want help with your homework. You'll get to psychiatry in your 2nd or 3rd year.
View Quote

This is bizarre.  
View Quote
You're attacking the person, not the argument. You should see the chicks in my pool, you would stare too. Your statements are indicative of a Personality Disorder.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You're attacking the person, not the argument. You should see the chicks in my pool, you would stare too. Your statements are indicative of a Personality Disorder.
View Quote

He does that. Don't let it get to you, Blaze.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

This is bizarre.  
View Quote
View Quote

Blaze of Glory:
Let me remind you of a post that you made on 4/21/2002 at 2:38:53:

"DIAGNOSTIC AND STATISTICAL MANUAL OF MENTAL DISORDERS, AMERICAN PSYCHIATRIC ASSOCIATION, INTRODUCTION, PAGE XXXI: "Neither deviant behavior (e.g., political...) nor conflicts that are primarily between the individual and society are mental disorders."
[url=]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=110220&page=3[/url]

Although I haven't got a DSM as handy as you have, I'll be sure to look up the reference when I see one on the shelf.  That will help me to determine if this citation is really appropriate.  
Maybe what you intended to say was that I am guilty of [i]Argumentum ad hominem[/i]?

I think that if you got out of your dirty apartment, sobered up, and headed down to the pool; then these bathing beauties might just begin to see you as more than just a drunken, unemployed, Peeping Tom.  If you approach them with respect and maybe a little wit, then you might be able to move from the drooling phase into the meeting and courtship stages.  Give yourself a chance, some credit, and slap on a swimsuit.  This is beginning to stray from the topic, eh?  Just wanted to point out some inconsistencies.    
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Although I haven't got a DSM as handy as you have, I'll be sure to look up the reference when I see one on the shelf.  That will help me to determine if this citation is really appropriate.  
Maybe what you intended to say was that I am guilty of [i]Argumentum ad hominem[/i]?

I think that if you got out of your dirty apartment, sobered up, and headed down to the pool; then these bathing beauties might just begin to see you as more than just a drunken, unemployed, Peeping Tom.  If you approach them with respect and maybe a little wit, then you might be able to move from the drooling phase into the meeting and courtship stages.  Give yourself a chance, some credit, and slap on a swimsuit.  This is beginning to stray from the topic, eh?  Just wanted to point out some inconsistencies.    
View Quote
I admit to suffering a dry spell at present; but when I was in the game, I found that plenty of hot chicks dig free-thinkers.

Shall we wager a 6 of Budweiser on the appropriateness of the DSM citation?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top