Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/21/2002 6:25:07 AM EDT
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS THIS BRAVE HERO! Apparently this guy stopped his car and singlehandedly disrupted a pro-arab protest. BAWAHAHAHAHAHA [url]http://www.activedayton.com/ddn/local/0421vigil.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:43:03 AM EDT
This guy really is a hero. Love how the "peace protesters" manager to hurt the guy enough to bleed but then tell the police that they were "attacked". Similar thing happened to me during the Gulf War when I confronted a "peace protester" on campus. I thought the crazy MF was going to kill me. GunLvr
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:00:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/21/2002 8:00:56 AM EDT by raf]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:13:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/21/2002 8:59:33 AM EDT by platform389]
So Sad. The America That Once Was confronting The America That Is To Come. In the coming years you will see more and more of this sort of thing begin to occur. Just the first drops of the coming storm. [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:34:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 1:29:40 PM EDT
Just the first drops of the coming storm.
View Quote
That is my take on these things exactly. Ben
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 1:38:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Benjamin0001:
Just the first drops of the coming storm.
View Quote
That is my take on these things exactly. Ben
View Quote
Note to self: Buy more ammo.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 2:25:42 PM EDT
So, because he disrupted a peaceful protest, he's a hero?? Funny, I would've thought you folks who stand up for "free speech" would be calling for his head. Oh, right. It's only free speech if it agrees with what you think.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 2:58:59 PM EDT
Oh, right. It's only free speech if it agrees with what you think.
View Quote
Yep. It appears they didn't want an opposing point of view at their [i]peace[/i] rally. If all he did was rant and destroy a sign, why did the pacifists attack him? Pretty hypocritical behavior. Eddie
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 5:24:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/21/2002 5:29:26 PM EDT by Blaze-Of-Glory]
If I didn't like some guy's sign, I would make my own sign showing my side of the argument. If some punk destroyed my sign I would kick his ass.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 5:56:46 PM EDT
If you were protesting the right to screw nine year-old boys in the ass, would you not expect to get you ass kicked? If these guys are foreigners and are standing there with signs calling our nation a piece of shit, then I say the hell with them. I'm all for peaceful demonstration, but there is a limit.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:03:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/22/2002 2:20:47 AM EDT by Blaze-Of-Glory]
What's the point in getting physical? What does that accomplish? If I responded violently to anyone's speech, I would feel uncomfortably like a fascist attacking the freedoms that make our nation the greatest.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:38:54 PM EDT
Pamela Eissa, a Centerville resident whose sandal was broken during the struggle
View Quote
damn hippy [8P]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:39:01 PM EDT
If I invited you to dinner and you insulted me at my table, in my home, you would deserve whatever you got.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:51:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/21/2002 8:41:55 PM EDT by Blaze-Of-Glory]
Originally Posted By mattja: If I invited you to dinner and you insulted me at my table, in my home, you would deserve whatever you got.
View Quote
I agree with you about this. But why do you liken the demonstrators to guests in someone else's home? They were U.S. citizens of foreign descent, like you and me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 12:10:20 AM EDT
I'm speaking about foreign students and even those with green cards to some extent. If you're a citizen, sure, go ahead and speak your mind. You have as much right to condemn this nation as any other citizen. But if you're not a citizen, as far as I'm concerned you're a guest and should keep your mouth shut. The majority of these people are probably just misguided fools. In any case, when you take part in these kinds of demonstrations, you should expect a certain level of volatility. Some people hold strong beliefs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 12:44:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/22/2002 12:57:04 AM EDT by Blaze-Of-Glory]
Yah then we agree. I have no love for non-citizens who make trouble here. But if someone broke my sign, I'd kick his ass. And if he broke my sandal, I'd machinegun him. So he should expect a certain level of volatility on my part if he breaks my stuff.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 1:36:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GTTacoma:
Pamela Eissa, a Centerville resident whose sandal was broken during the struggle
View Quote
damn hippy [8P]
View Quote
The boot will crush the sandal.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 1:43:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By raf: The unintended consequences of this affair are that the protesters received far more press coverage than they otherwise would have. Regardless of how I may feel about the Vet's sentiments, his tactics were counterproductive [i]from his point of view[/i].
View Quote
Agreed
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:20:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/22/2002 2:21:55 AM EDT by BenDover]
Sorry guys I see it differently. I see a nation full of people who use the freedoms enjoyed by all who live here to undermine the very fabric of the freedom itself. I see what this old guy saw. I see an "open door" which permits the dregs of humanity to come here and bring their desert conflict to my back door. In all honesty, I am sick of it. I am sick of hearing about it. I am sick of it proliferating the news. I am sick of reading about it every day on the internet. I am sick of the Spy vs. Spy killings back and forth and I know there isn't a damn thing I can do about it over there. But I can keep it from breaking out like that over here. This might sound facist in a way, but if these goddamned minorities want to bring their conflict out of the desert and to my street corner, then they will BOTH have a third enemy to contend with... the pissed off white guy with political influence, money and bad ass firepower. Keep your turf war in the desert. Fight to the death over the same patch of sand. But don't you DARE bring it here. After 9/11, my tolerance and sympathies for these sorts of people have been eliminated. Indirectly, 9/11 was because of the Israel/Palestine conflict. You think I am going to just sit back and let these "peaceful protesters" gather en masse on my block? In my neck of the woods we already have a problem with the black community thinking it's okay to tear up the city because they are pissed off. I sure as hell don't need some Palestinians and Jews fighting it out at the same time. One of these days people are going to wake up to what is going on in this country and not be quite so tolerant anymore. No I don't agree with this old guy tearing up someone's personal property (sign) but I admire his courage to singlehandedly take a stand for what this great nation used to represent.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:41:45 AM EDT
I find your message more compelling than the sign-breaker's. I don't want the Israel-Palestine conflict over here. I have equal impatience for both sides. Restricing immigration sounds good to me. I don't want our government using our tax money to support either side in the conflict. As long as protestors stay peaceful, I'm going to ignore them. If, and as soon as, they start tearing up cities or getting in my face, I will disperse them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:28:32 AM EDT
BenDover hit it on the head. If this stuff continues, and it most probably will escalate, the fabric of our American society will be ripped apart like never before. A lot of us remember the Vietnam War protests. They will look like childs play compared to what can possibly happen here now, especially after 911. Our Rights apply equally to all, whether citizen or not. But when you start using these Rights to sow discontent and division among us, then you better expect some grief. Tolerance is something a lot of us no longer have a "tolerance" for. Moe
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:35:21 AM EDT
A cautionary note to all present: For years, we thought it would be the "black vs. white" sh!t that would ignite. Not so anymore. It will be the Arabs/Muslims who will be "on the other side." Just think how interesting life would be if the colored people (blacks, hispanics) decide to jump in on the Arab's side when the SHTF.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:09:09 AM EDT
The man made ONE mistake he went in alone. He should have called for backup. A bus of retired veterans from the moose lodge or the VFW would have kicked all these protestors A$$es. I beleve everyone has the right to express themselves, but be prepared if you do it in public to be confronted by the other side. Like in everything else the strong survive. Social darwinism is the best solution to the problem. If THESE PEOPLE hate america so much, and believe we are so evil then why are they here and why aren't they dead yet?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:47:49 AM EDT
Maybe he should have strapped a little kid with explosives and sent the kid into the crowd. Just to bring a little reality to the protestors and who they are showing support for.[:)!]It's pretty bad when people can go out and protest in support of any terrorists after what happened to this country and only one guy ahows up to do anything about it. He should have legally parked somewhere and stood on the other corner and protested them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:07:28 AM EDT
I find it bizarre the newspaper calls it a "Peace Rally". More like a "Let the Paleswineians Blow Up Anybody They Want" rally.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:13:44 AM EDT
Uhhhhh, all this old idiot did was commit assault. Once he did that, who gives a crap if he got boxed in the ear. Last time I checked people were allowed to protest whatever the f%$k they want to in this country. If you don't like it, mount your own damn protest! You don't block an intersection and assault someone just b/c you don't like their message.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:52:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/22/2002 11:56:42 AM EDT by Blaze-Of-Glory]
Do you all have any facts to support your anti-Arab stance? Maybe a lot of you have been suckered by the Jews in our government and the Jews who control the American media? In light of the threats being made against peaceful Americans exercising their 1st-Amendment rights, I'm considering distributing firearms to the protestors so they can defend themselves against future attacks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:17:58 PM EDT
Like Wobblin-Goblin, I always thought in the end it would be a black on white thing. And in the end, this may be the case. But now I'm thinking if immigration continues on its present course and birthrates among Hispanics continue to accelerate like they have been, in the end the Hispanics will be the majority. This is why I say if the blacks had any brains at all, the would get their shit together, get out of the ghetto, and side with whitey. Their numbers appear to be decreasing and in time, they may not find the same level of support they enjoyed among the liberals and Jews for almost 40 years now. Especially if the Jews are preoccupied with US Muslims. The new immigrants, Hispanics and Asians, feel no guilt for black "oppression" and slavery, and as far as they are concerned, the blacks have no right to act the way they do. Hell, look at LA. The illegals are slowly but surely taking over areas that are historically black. I don't know where the blacks are going. Anyway, as far as the Jews and Muslims, the US has been lucky in that for the most part, immigrants left their racial feuding at home, as the quests for freedom and success have always been their primary objectives. Now this seems to be changing. They want to bring their bullshit problems over here and cause civil unrest in our nation? Lock and load.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:27:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Blaze-Of-Glory: Do you all have any facts to support your anti-Arab stance? Maybe a lot of you have been suckered by the Jews in our government and the Jews who control the American media?
View Quote
Yeah I have facts. Their war is thousands of miles from here in some patch of desert. They are not there. They are here, thousands of miles from there, trying to bring their war to my neighborhood. Those are all the facts that I need. If either side is so up-at-arms over what is happening over there, then they are welcome to get back on the boat and return to fight for their motherlands. I don't think anyone is going to stop them. But I am going to exercise the same right to defend my OWN motherland and take the stand. If they want to bring the fight here then I will take the stand and stop them. If you or anyone else is so sympathetic to the cause then why don't you just wander down to the local mosque and sign up as a Hamas member. That way when you start distributing guns to these people and the shit hits the fan, I won't feel so bad about putting a bullet into the head of a terrorist sympathizer because you will no longer be an American. When you come to this nation, you are an American first. You might have an ancestry and a culture, but you are a goddamned American. If anyone has a problem with that then get the hell out.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:49:26 PM EDT
Well Ben, Why don't you tell them how you really feel. HAHAHA Ah hell they ain't gonna do jack shit here anyways. You are not alone in your feelings about these goings on. That is why they won't do anything. Because those protestors know what will happen. Sleep well and Easy. Ben
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:18:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BenDover: Their war is thousands of miles from here in some patch of desert. They are not there. They are here, thousands of miles from there, trying to bring their war to my neighborhood. Those are all the facts that I need.
View Quote
Do you want your tax money to continue funding that war? Don't you agree completely with the Arabic protestors, who simply are protesting your funding the war?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:00:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Blaze-Of-Glory: Do you want your tax money to continue funding that war? Don't you agree completely with the Arabic protestors, who simply are protesting your funding the war?
View Quote
My tax dollars fund wars all over the world, not just in the middle east. My tax dollars funded a coup in Venezuela last week when the CIA flexed their muscle to keep the oil flowing. Israel was granted a soverign land by world agreement at the end of WWII. Unlike the rest of the world, who has abandoned the agreement, the US has chosen to uphold their commitments to Israel, just as they have to the Afghan people who are receiving MY TAX DOLLARS as aid in the wake of our incursion. If Israel must use part of that tax money to fund their military to protect their soil, then so be it. Fight it out. The arabs invaded their territory in the 60s and promptly got their asses kicked. Tough shit. Fight it out. Shoot the Jews. Blow them up like they did in the 60s. But be prepared to suffer the consequences. The same consequences that they will suffer if they try to bring their war to my street. BLAMMO! POW! RATA TAT TAT.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:45:07 PM EDT
LMAO! Your tax dollars went straight down the toilet in that failed coup in Venezuela. To keep the oil flowing? Shiiiiiiitttttt. Don't you think it'd be better to use your tax dollars on funding alternative energy sources rather than overthrowing democratically elected (even if we don't like them) governments "to keep the oil flowing?"
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:00:19 AM EDT
Hey I agree with you wholeheartedly. I own a shitload of SSPC.OB
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 12:29:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BenDover: Israel was granted a soverign land by world agreement at the end of WWII.
View Quote
How was this decided? What say did the Muslims have?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:31:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Blaze-Of-Glory:
Originally Posted By BenDover: Israel was granted a soverign land by world agreement at the end of WWII.
View Quote
View Quote
The Muslims had their say when they decided to try to wipe out the state of Israel 3 TIMES. The lost. Badly. Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 2:21:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
View Quote
View Quote
The Muslims had their say when they decided to try to wipe out the state of Israel 3 TIMES. The lost. Badly. Bulldog OUT
View Quote
If you want to reduce this to a might-makes-right argument, then I would say: It ain't over yet.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:10:29 PM EDT
View Quote
View Quote
Which Muslims are you referring to? The Sudanese? The Egyptians? The Phillipino?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:11:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BenDover:
View Quote
View Quote
Which Muslims are you referring to? The Sudanese? The Egyptians? The Phillipino?
View Quote
The Muslims who now dispute land rights with Israel. At the close of WW2, who decided that Israel would get the land now disputed? Not a loaded question, I have no idea of the answer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:00:31 AM EDT
The United Nations decided. Member states voted on the resolution and overwhelmingly passed the resolution to create the Israeli state with soverign land. Remember Golda Meir? The land in dispute is a result of the arab invasion in the 60s where Israel soundly defeated an aggression and took additional land afterwards. They did not just move in on an arbitrary basis. It was only after they were attacked and successfully defended their soil. That's why many people have a 'tough shit' attitude about it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:50:58 PM EDT
Was the currently disputed land granted to Israel by the UN?
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:47:22 PM EDT
Daoud said Lackie slowed on Dorothy Lane and hurled words such as "foreigners" and "terrorists" at the crowd, many of whom are of Arab descent. "We told him to keep on going, to get out of there," Daoud said. "Then he stopped the van, got out of the van, and said, 'Who's first?’ ”
View Quote
Sounds to me like they did not want him to be able to exercise HIS right of free speech. "get out of here" my ass! Screw them. They, nor anyone else, do not have the right to tell a citizen to "get out of here" on a public street!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:50:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Blaze-Of-Glory: Was the currently disputed land granted to Israel by the UN?
View Quote
There you go with your ever loving UN again. You must love them.
Do you all have any facts to support your anti-Arab stance? Maybe a lot of you have been suckered by the Jews in our government and the Jews who control the American media?
View Quote
Damn, this sounds awfully racist to me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:58:54 PM EDT
Say, uh, guys? I'm new here but the underlying tone here ain't gonna win us any friends (and we sure need 'em!) I think the issue here isn't so much one of race as one of American citizens and those who, one way or another, come here to destroy us. This might be the non-citizens who use our freedom of speech to make our country "more like home" or those who identify more with other cultures than ours. I don't believe those who are not US citizens should be able to expouse their political agendas on us. I do believe they are guests and should act like it. I also believe that the media has caused a lot of the local problems through the emphisis on hyphenated Americans. We need to consider our- selves Americans FIRST! Not white-Americans, black-Americans, hispanic-Americans, ect. If we are going to be fighting a war, we need to be united in this! My feelings, Coffee
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:05:36 PM EDT
The article doesn't say that the protestors were non-citizens.
Top Top