Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/20/2002 10:27:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 11:32:46 PM EDT
Normally, it works this way: if the gov't owes, you have until October 15th to turn everything in; if you owe, you had better been overseas otherwise you will be penalized. The penalty is determined by how much you owe.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 1:48:57 AM EDT
Go IMMEDIATELY to: http://[url]http://www.irs.gov/[/url] Look for the "tax forms" link. Download the Form 4868 .pdf file. Print it. Guesstimate taxes and income. If your estimate says that you owe money, include a check. Send the form (and maybe a check) in today. This gives you a four-month extension. Note that this assumes your computer has Adobe Acrobat installed, and a printer on which to print stuff out. If you ain't got no printer, you're toast. If you ain't got no Acrobat, get thee to [url]http://www.adobe.com/[/url] and download it (assuming you have a supported operating system). It's free for the output-only version. It's late, sure, but better a week late than longer. As long as they owe you, TECHNICALLY they aren't supposed to screw you over. In reality, they might very well do so anyway.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 3:20:50 PM EDT
Top Top