Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2002 3:40:11 PM EDT
it was ok for these parts. i got away with some reasonable ammo, USGI mags for 15$, good AK 30 rdrs(romainian or yugo i think)  for $10. and, a buy that made my day, an old mod 34 bolt .22 repeater. i love those things. i picked it up in the parking lot for 150. it is in like new condiction. over all i did alright.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up some very UN-reasonable Lake City M856 tracer to burn through the machine guns.

I bought quite a bit of Garand stuff from Jack Smith. I should have picked up another sling though cuz I ruined mine shooting in the infantry match at Camp Dodge on Sunday in the mud.

Does he have a website with contact info?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I was there Saturday, for a short time. Didn't really have time to browse, as I had a shopping list and limited time.

Was kind of disappointed with the lack of selection of bulk ammo. Ended up buying a short case of Q3131A, as that was the only one available. The last show at the fairgrounds, there was a new vendor there that had [b]pallets[/b] of surplus ammo. Didn't see him there this time.

Was going to look for Booger Hooker, but I forgot till I was out the door. Next one's in June. Maybe I'll be able to go for the whole day and have time to browse and socialize.

I did see one rifle of interest as I was running down the aisles. It was an Italian AR-15 knock-off. An AR-23 (?) or something. Very glossy A-1 furniture and a matte chrome upper and lower. Kind of a gaudy looking SP-1.

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I did see one rifle of interest as I was running down the aisles. It was an Italian AR-15 knock-off. An AR-23 (?) or something. Very glossy A-1 furniture and a matte chrome upper and lower. Kind of a gaudy looking SP-1.

View Quote

i missed that, sounds intresting. i was dissapointed by the lack of prebans. their was one very shady DPMS gun w/ every retarded bolt on in the world on it. must have weighted 200 lbs. it had a pre ban price, but im not sure the rifle was. i think i had the only pre ban AR on my shoulder. boy was that a HUGE mistake. i didnt go 10 min with out an offer, sometimes along with an EXTREAMRLY retarded remark.

" AHH, NICE AR! IT EVEN HAS THE A1 FLASH SUPRESSOR!! THAT MAKES IT MUCH MORE VALUABLE THAN A REGUALR PREBAN!!"

yep, dealer cost for a brand new A1 birdcage is $3.50 from DPMS. that same guy also commented on the plastic stock, as that was a major drawback. i bet he liked his walnut AR he carried when he was in the CIA. he was a crazy lookin bastage, and walked like he had a pre ban up his corn-chute.

their was an Ammo asshole as well. he saw my AR and said

"Wont ya need some ammo?" (in hick voice)

i said "sure, what ya got in 5.56?"

of course he replied with a blank stare not unlike a small deer stunned by the massive headlights of a mack truck.

if i ask a guy for 5.56 and he says something like "i tought them ARs is a .223" its time to find a less ignorant ammo dealer. perhaps one with a more sprawling family tree.

after all this the guy tried to sell me wolf ammo. goodbuy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top