Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/20/2002 3:40:11 PM EDT
it was ok for these parts. i got away with some reasonable ammo, USGI mags for 15$, good AK 30 rdrs(romainian or yugo i think) for $10. and, a buy that made my day, an old mod 34 bolt .22 repeater. i love those things. i picked it up in the parking lot for 150. it is in like new condiction. over all i did alright.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:35:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 12:40:14 PM EDT
I picked up some very UN-reasonable Lake City M856 tracer to burn through the machine guns. I bought quite a bit of Garand stuff from Jack Smith. I should have picked up another sling though cuz I ruined mine shooting in the infantry match at Camp Dodge on Sunday in the mud. Does he have a website with contact info?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:31:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:12:21 PM EDT
I was there Saturday, for a short time. Didn't really have time to browse, as I had a shopping list and limited time. Was kind of disappointed with the lack of selection of bulk ammo. Ended up buying a short case of Q3131A, as that was the only one available. The last show at the fairgrounds, there was a new vendor there that had [b]pallets[/b] of surplus ammo. Didn't see him there this time. Was going to look for Booger Hooker, but I forgot till I was out the door. Next one's in June. Maybe I'll be able to go for the whole day and have time to browse and socialize. I did see one rifle of interest as I was running down the aisles. It was an Italian AR-15 knock-off. An AR-23 (?) or something. Very glossy A-1 furniture and a matte chrome upper and lower. Kind of a gaudy looking SP-1.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:18:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AR-10: I did see one rifle of interest as I was running down the aisles. It was an Italian AR-15 knock-off. An AR-23 (?) or something. Very glossy A-1 furniture and a matte chrome upper and lower. Kind of a gaudy looking SP-1.
View Quote
i missed that, sounds intresting. i was dissapointed by the lack of prebans. their was one very shady DPMS gun w/ every retarded bolt on in the world on it. must have weighted 200 lbs. it had a pre ban price, but im not sure the rifle was. i think i had the only pre ban AR on my shoulder. boy was that a HUGE mistake. i didnt go 10 min with out an offer, sometimes along with an EXTREAMRLY retarded remark. " AHH, NICE AR! IT EVEN HAS THE A1 FLASH SUPRESSOR!! THAT MAKES IT MUCH MORE VALUABLE THAN A REGUALR PREBAN!!" yep, dealer cost for a brand new A1 birdcage is $3.50 from DPMS. that same guy also commented on the plastic stock, as that was a major drawback. i bet he liked his walnut AR he carried when he was in the CIA. he was a crazy lookin bastage, and walked like he had a pre ban up his corn-chute. their was an Ammo asshole as well. he saw my AR and said "Wont ya need some ammo?" (in hick voice) i said "sure, what ya got in 5.56?" of course he replied with a blank stare not unlike a small deer stunned by the massive headlights of a mack truck. if i ask a guy for 5.56 and he says something like "i tought them ARs is a .223" its time to find a less ignorant ammo dealer. perhaps one with a more sprawling family tree. after all this the guy tried to sell me wolf ammo. goodbuy.
Top Top