Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2002 7:21:51 PM EDT
So its Friday nite, and since I am at home again... I decide to treat myself to a pizza and wings. I did not feel like cooking. So I order from Domino. I have never ordered from Domino's here in TX ever. So I call and I give them my number. They blurt out my address to confirm, I did not give it to them, they told me my address. So I shrug it off. I figure the person that had my apartment before had the same number, it could happen. So I get my pizza. I look at the lil receipt taped to the box and see my FULL NAME printed on there. I never told them my FULL NAME. I just said Al which is short for my full first name. I did not tell them my last name, but there it is, MY FULL FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME along with my address in full. How the fuck did they get that info on me. I have an unlisted number.

Should I start lining my apartment with tin foil now? Are they watching me? Do I need to black out my windows? WTF Over?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#2]
That is more than likely CallerID at work.  There is some sort of code that you can use to block sending that info, but don't ask me what it is.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]
While I'm not familiar with details, there is an advanced form of caller I.D. which gives name and address of calling subscriber.  It is considerably more expensive and is based on the technology of 911 service.  It supposedly opens up all the info on caller ID.

marsh
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is more than likely CallerID at work.  There is some sort of code that you can use to block sending that info, but don't ask me what it is.

Vulcan94
View Quote

You mean *67 before dialing the phone number?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#6]
They have a national data base,like pep boys?   Ounce you're in it they have you (nation wide)?

Scarry thought,but wouldn't surprise me though.

bob     [smoke]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck Domino's, their pizza sucks anyway. You want quality pie, find a local joint.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#8]
What ever it is, I don't like it. I am gonna stick to my DiGiorno's from now on.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#9]
BE AFRAID...BE VERY AFRAID.  That means that the Government will even know what you like on your pizza.  If you are hold off the authorities in your apartment, they will be able to tempt you with your favorite pizza.  That my friends is just plain not fair...
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#10]
All your pie are belong to us!

AhAhAh

Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Should I start lining my apartment with tin foil now? Are they watching me? Do I need to black out my windows? WTF Over?
View Quote

[red]The Matrix is watching you Neo!!![/red]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:13:27 PM EDT
[#12]
It's too late too worry about it.
It's been too late for a lonnngggg time!
Scary, huh?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
All your pie are belong to us!

AhAhAh

View Quote

I just hope they don't "set me up the bomb" [:D]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Why worry about it at all. If the Govt wants to know something about you, it will know. Why should i care if the colledge kid pizza boy knows my name and address. At least they dont spam you with junk mail asking for money. I think i get between 20-30 peices of mail a week from people who "need" my help. most of wich i have never contributed too or asked to be on their mailing list. I never give them anything, but still i get something every other rotational week.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#16]
They never have food deliveries made especially when some prying eyed FDCGH could possibly compromise security.

Pizza is easy and fun to make.
1. Buy Boboli (it even comes with it's own sauce!)
2. Buy package of mozzarella cheese (NOT THE low fat crap)
3. Buy whatever toppings you want.
4. Throw it together and cook for 20 minutes at 350-375
5. Enjoy while feeling a gratifying sense of accomplishment.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why worry about it at all. If the Govt wants to know something about you, it will know. Why should i care if the colledge kid pizza boy knows my name and address.
View Quote

Because these college kids know enough about computers to buy your social security number off the web, apply for a few credit cards in your name, and wreck your life for the next two decades.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Domino's? That sh!t ain't pizza my asian brother...
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 11:27:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They never have food deliveries made especially when some prying eyed FDCGH could possibly compromise security.

View Quote

And there you have it folks!  Another episode of "Bunker Cooking By Imbroglio".[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/chef.gif[/img]

While those pesky Feds seal off the area, you can be dining in fine style!  Be sure and make enough for ALL the "Special Response Team" outside!  Don't forget the snipers, they are usually last to get inside.

Be sure and tune in for our next episode: "Cooking Methods After They Cut The Power".

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:48:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:55:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fuck Domino's, their pizza sucks anyway. You want quality pie, find a local joint.
View Quote

Sucks is an understatement,You're better off eating the box the pie came in!
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 7:31:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

May I recommend Gino's Pizza which is a small family owned chain in the far south suburbs of Chicago?
View Quote

Hmmm you think they would deliver here in Plano in under 30mins [;D]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#27]
kpel said
Hmmmm... If our names and info are that valuable, why can't WE sell them?
View Quote

Why would they buy it when you're probably already giving it away for free! :)
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#28]
And don't "accidently" transpose numbers they may not need for the service they are offering.  Like phone numbers, ssn's, birthdates, address numbers.  That would be wrong.

WL
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ya gotta add those Chicken 'short cuts' on top of that...THEN you're in action!

Buldog oUT
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top