Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2002 4:39:48 PM EDT
Got in line to check out and there was a little boy in the line in front of me and the wife.  Obviously he was not there to pay for anything.  He started talking with a lady and another kid in the next check-out lane over, and I soon deduced it was his mom and brother and he was holding a spot for her in case my lane moved faster.

Sure enough, he got to the counter first, and the mother rushed over and got in line in front of us, taking his spot.  I believe this maneuver saved her all of 20 seconds, as her original lane cleared almost immediately.  I, of course, am grumbling under my breath about manners and other niceties.

When she is finish and about to leave, the wife exclaim's "That was very rude!"  Turns out her explanation was she didn't want to wait.

Now, what kind of lesson is that for her kids?  She's showing them how to be selfish pricks.  What the hell is wrong with people, anyway?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I would have never let her cut in the first place. I would have just stepped in front of her and went on with my business.

In a perfect world you could have smashed her in the face with your elbow and taught her a lesson.

As you might can tell, I [b]hate[/b] cheaters.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Start carrying your AR with you.  I am sure that she would have cut in front of you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it was a smart move on her part...............
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#6]
If you had posted from Oregon, I would have thought it was my brothers wife, and their snotty kid. Their manuever is to order the kid a meal, cut it all up, let him eat what he wants to, and when the waitress shows up, they say the kid wasn't hungry, and could she please remove it from the bill. Embarassing to say the least, since everybody, including the waitress, knows he ate some of it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]Quoted:
face it dude, those are the kind of people that frequent home depot. They wouldn't know what to do in a real lumber yard/hardware store.[/b]

uh, wasn't MARVL at home depot?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#8]
To shop at a real lumber yard you need deep pockets.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sorry that she violated you in that way.  It sucks that we have to deal with rudeness on top of all the other problems.  We have anti's trying to destroy our rights.  We have Islamic terrorists trying to destroy our society.  We have cancer, heart disease, diabetes, Death and Taxes!  I'm sorry that somebody cut you in line, maybe she was in a hurry.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe she was just an ass that cut line. This has nothing to do with terrorism. She is training her children to use the system however they feel like it. A good demoncrat to be sure.

If I am in that big of a hurry I would kindly ask to go ahead of someone, not f*ck with the rules of society like she did.

I like the elbow to the jaw solution.

Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#13]
some people must be shamed into doing the right thing.  next time announce in a loud voice what she did and demand she go to the end of the line.

I have seen a guy stop his minivan and have his kids pile out and go and stand in an open parking space like little human shields so this guy doesn't miss a spot close to the door.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Paul, I had at least 3 of those things happen to me today!!!  Especially the cutting through parking and almost getting sideswiped.  That dumb woman.  She whips through the parking spots and cut me off.... argh.

Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I too don't like that.

IMHO, I think things should be like the line at the commisary..
ONE LINE to feed all check out registers.. first in first out.  I think it works great.  It beats the 'check out line lotto'!
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Happens everyday in a different way.

The guy who runs the stop sign in front of you.

The gal and her crying baby at the movie.

The woman with 50 items in the 12 item only line.

The guy cutting though lanes in the parking lot who almost side swipes you.

The guy at the next table over at the restaurant who breaks wind so long and loud that it uncurls your wife's hair.

The neighbor who throws his lawn clippings, lit cigarettes, and empty beer cans over the fence into your vegetable garden.

The family with two shopping carts blocking the beef counter - even though they're not buying any.

The young boys who pee in your front yard rose garden.

The guy in the parking lot leaning up against your car while chatting up his woman.

The idiots who cruise down the street at five miles and hour with their stereos cranked up so loud that your walls rattle.

The other guys who race down the street so fast they catch rubber on the corners and while swerving side to side to miss the kids playing hard ball in the street.

Such is life in America where no one gives a damn about anyone else, have never been taught manners, have no respect for the law, cops, or elders, and demand respect because they demand it.
View Quote

Paul, is that all stuff that happened to you? If so, I feel for you! This just happened to me last night:

I went to the Boston Market chicken place down from my house to pick up dinner on my way home from work. The line is backed up because of this lady at the counter. The guys in front of me are shaking their heads and huffing, so I listen to what's going on. The lady is pitching a fit trying to get them to give her some EXTRA SKIN on her plate! Geez! Then she starts to insult the guy. This has been going on for over five minutes and I got sick of it and yelled to her "Lady, if you want more skin, buy more chicken or shut the f**k up!" The whole place goes quiet, she gives me a dirty look, pays for her plate and leaves. when I get to the counter to order, the guy laughs and gives me some free cornbread. I don't like to do that, but damn, she earned it! Extra Skin, no wonder her ass was so big!
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#17]
IMHO, I think things should be like the line at the commisary..ONE LINE to feed all check out registers.. first in first out. I think it works great. It beats the 'check out line lotto'!
View Quote

AMEN to that! Can you imagine one line feeding 25 cashiers at Wal-Mart? The line would move so fast that you'd have to run to keep up! (Or maybe not, considering some of the service I've gotten at Wal-Mart recently...)

Also, they need to give  bonuses to checkers based on the number of customers per hour they can move through their  lanes.  Some of these checkers are obviously rejects from the Post Office — couldn't move fast if their lives depended on it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey Paul I would love to have you as one of my neighbors,would take a lot of heat off of me.

I don't have any small children as my daughter is 22 now,but i still step out in the front yard and tell that sterio-blasting-shit head to slow that POS down before he kills somebody.

My neighbors all say I would love to do that,but am afraid of the young men with their hats on backwards driving 50mph through our block.   Its amazing the trouble a CCW will get you into,or out of.    

I know its a police issue here,but none of the citizens will call the police and speak their minds on these issues that really are within thier powers to challenge and change.

Oh well liked your post,and yours too about shut the f@ck up and buy more chicken.    

bob cole      [beer]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#19]
BilloRights, you sure set everything straight for us with a less than perfect grasp of priorities.

However, although marvl is doubtless able to answer for himself, I feel sure that he regards 9/11, cancer and other major world issues with the same intensity as you or I.

However, it is none of those major issues that wear us down and cause people to "go postal", for those major issues we have little personal control over. It is the small things that normally and needlessly seem to jam the gears – or haven't you noticed?

All of us can conduct ourselves in a reasonable fashion and help ease our everyday interaction with one another and thus make life a little easier.

I think that was the point of the post – may be you're just a little too tight-assed to get it!
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 7:33:23 AM EDT
[#21]
stcyr, thanks, you pretty much said what I was going to say.

How people behave socially is a reflection on the values and quality of the society.  If everyone only gives a shit about themselves then you obviously have an anarchy, even if it's only an anarchy of mores.  The incident was not a big deal, but I think it was telling.

In my original post I did not mention what happened on the drive home.  Another asshole in a hurry.  Guess I was driving too slow (the speed limit) so he passed me on the shoulder on the right and probably hit 85 as he disappeared in a cloud of dust.

We also had this happen locally a few days ago with a car with 3 teenagers in it.  The driver, a 16 year old girl, tried to pass on the shoulder on the right, lost control, hit a light pole, and slammed into a tree.  Her girlfriend, who was riding in the back seat, was just taken off life support and died day before yesterday.  The passenger is still in critical condition.

Everyone's in a hurry in our society, and there's a lot of rage in it too.  Not good.

Now, as to Islamic terrorists and heart disease, we can solve these problems by building more McDonalds in the Middle East and removing the ones in this country. [;)]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#22]
marvl,

Your mistake was grumbling under your breath.  You should have made your point loudly and firmly.  That way she would have been faced with either backing down or facing public embarrassment.

Cockroaches don't like to have a light shined upon them.....
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
marvl,

Your mistake was grumbling under your breath.  You should have made your point loudly and firmly.  That way she would have been faced with either backing down or facing public embarrassment.

View Quote

Yup.  I tend to say quite loudly something like "Wow!  What a great lesson you've taught your children today!"
Usually everyone else in the crowd will then add thier 2 cents after that....
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#24]
The young boys who pee in your front yard rose garden.
View Quote

I thought I knew you from somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#25]
of course you can't do this in Home Depot, well... I guess maybe you could...

About 20 years ago when we lived in a semi-rural Detroit neighborhood, we were 25 miles out, a local boy with loud pipes and a too heavy foot would come ripping through our closed subdivision.  

Every kid that lived in the local area was young and I don't know what this punk was doing there unless he was picking up the babysitter or something.

One day I *heard* him come around the corner and start ripping up toward our house, which he had to pass to get to where ever he was going.  I was in the garage, grabbed a wooden baseball bat and ran across the yard just in time and close enough that he could hear me holloring but I couldn't swing at him.  I was intent on taking out his windshield.  [smash]

That punk *never* drove by our house again.  He would come in the neighborhood on a gravel back street about 200 feet from where he was going.

My wife chewed my ass for going after him, but still tells the story about how I made the neighborhood safer.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#26]
jtw2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
marvl,

Your mistake was grumbling under your breath. You should have made your point loudly and firmly. That way she would have been faced with either backing down or facing public embarrassment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup. I tend to say quite loudly something like "Wow! What a great lesson you've taught your children today!"
Usually everyone else in the crowd will then add thier 2 cents after that....  
View Quote

Amen to both of these posts. Creepy people like this count on regular people to not say a word in this situation. If you make a little noise. They will think twice next time.
   Otherwise, this type of behavior will breed itself to idiots who think that was pretty smart. Then you have a whole world of people pissing each other off because it makes people feel they are smarter for doing it.
   Just like the t-shirt says: RUDE PEOPLE SUCK!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Just smack 'em in the back of the head and cuss a lot. That wakes 'em right up. Only tried it once, not on a lady, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top