Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2002 2:15:06 PM EDT
What’s the deal with the 2507? Are they not using it as much for a reason? The activity has really died down there in the last few years. I can’t find any info on this desolate swath of land. I guess it’s a big secret.

It’s a really interesting place. Unexploded ordnance, flat-hatting F-18s, eerie sights at night, and all ‘unguarded’. The last time I went on to the range a Chinook gunship shot to pieces an old Corsair hulk about 15 minutes after I was climbing on it. Oops!

They had a real problem about 4 years ago with illegals trekking across the range. I personally had an ugly encounter out in the boonies with some of the ‘smugglers’, but I haven’t seen these fools in a while.

It’s a great place but there’s something mysterious and strange about it. I think it's haunted by the ghosts of scrappers blown to pieces at an early age.[;)]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You've got email.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top