Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/18/2002 8:37:14 AM EDT
Well, several of you have commented that you think Combat Missions was rigged. I'm of the opinion that its unlikely that ANY major compoetition (including the Super Bowl) is REALLY open to chance, and that the best team / man if allowed to win. Well, here mu conspiracy theory re: reality TV. Survivor 1 - fag wins Survivor 2 - woman wins Combat Missions 1 - fine upstanding African American wins. Now don't get me wrong, I love women, and like people of color. (Admittedly, I got no use for fags) But here's the Conspiracy Theory - I think there are politically correct "social justice" scams designed to make a political statement about every Liberal "repressed class" that they wish to create Marxist classs struggle with. All these shows, and not a single white, straight male wins???? Come on.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 8:40:01 AM EDT
Just look at TV comercials and see what a chump they make white men out to be. He will always play the fool to the witty female or colored person.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 8:52:15 AM EDT
GarandMan, Amen! And I thought I was the only one who noticed that! My wife loves the Survivor shows, and gets p****d whenever I sit down and start making fun of them. Another thing - what do you think the percentage is of gay people in the U.S.? Do you honestly believe that a strictly proportional representation of the american people would turn up at least one homosexual in each Survivor? Just another proof of the mass media's leftist/liberal bias and agenda.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 8:56:25 AM EDT
Right on, Garandman! I hate reality TV. I submitted my idea for a reality TV show months ago. I call it; "VD Island" You put 6 horney liberal guys and 6 horney liberal bitches on a island together. Out of the 12 liberals, a unknown 3 have a communicable sexual disease. After a few weeks and all the soap opera backstabbing, the person with no STD wins.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 9:20:21 AM EDT
Yeah, but we still got all the guns! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 10:49:05 AM EDT
Survivor 3 - White guy won. The show didn't do enough to rig it. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:01:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Pangea: Just look at TV comercials and see what a chump they make white men out to be. He will always play the fool to the witty female or colored person.
View Quote
Same with TV shows and some movies.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:13:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 300thMIBde: GarandMan, Amen! And I thought I was the only one who noticed that! My wife loves the Survivor shows, and gets p****d whenever I sit down and start making fun of them.
View Quote
lol sounds just like my house except chane wife with dad. my dads is sorta addicted to these shows. and im all like Hey dad there so full of crap. when Survivor II was being Filmed a couple of buddys of mine in Austerilia were telling me about it. They were telling me stuff like there not really isolated everyone knew where they were being filmed and a bunch of other stuff. plus u notice how when ever they wrap up one of these shows a couple weeks later some contriversy pops up about it. IE surviver and the not realy eating rats and the body double thing with survivor II. but hey if people keep watching this crap there going to keep making it. Turn off the Tv and read a good book your mind will thank you!
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:48:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Boomholzer: Right on, Garandman! I hate reality TV. I submitted my idea for a reality TV show months ago. I call it; "VD Island" You put 6 horney liberal guys and 6 horney liberal bitches on a island together. Out of the 12 liberals, a unknown 3 have a communicable sexual disease. After a few weeks and all the soap opera backstabbing, the person with no STD wins.
View Quote
ROTFLMAO! Now that's a show I might actually watch. (NOT!) But it is funny. It doesn't matter if anyone actually wins because they're all losers from the get-go. I watched Combat Missions, but figured out early on that it was rigged. (Navy Seals don't remember the truck number they're supposed to attack? One person might forget, but not the entire squad. Sorry.)
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:17:07 PM EDT
My idea of reality TV: Take all the liberals you can afford to transport to the nearest third-world country. Make a big ol' minefield, and make them run through it. Those who make it across fight to the death and the one who is left keeps running back and forth until he/she dies. Sound good?
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:27:15 PM EDT
Don't know about conspiracies, but gee - the dictates of liberal "social justice" bleeding over into TV productions made by liberals? Better call NASA. Anyway, combat missions seemed rather heavy-handed in blaming Byer's rifle. Which was true, but I didn't see how he caused it. Hell, I'm a newbie, but even to me the "expert" analysis of his role in the weapon's failure seemed a little odd. Didn't the "expert" say that metal was shaved off from the cartdidge case by the bolt scraping it (fouling the action with metal) - because the mag was "improperly seated"? I wouldn't think the mag would even come close to locking if it was that far out. But someone educate me if i'm missing something here.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 1:16:17 PM EDT
Just a counterpoint here. Yes, reality TV shows are rigged to some extent. However, the truth is that the producer of Survivor, Mark Burnett, wanted RUDY to win Survivor 1 and pulled a lot of strings to keep him in the show. Richard won basically because Burnett was trying to help Rudy Boesch and Richard Hatch was in the same alliance as Rudy. in Survivor 2, Colby was Burnett's darling, and he WOULD have won had he not picked the likable woman as his final two partner. What did these two have in common? Burnett figured they would be fan favorites and they were. The driving force is and always has been ratings and money.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 1:38:19 PM EDT
Speaking to a simunitions expert today, he told me that the operators were using simunition during this phase. He said that the plastic portion of the projectile of the first round was deformed and jammed the action when the mag was not properly seated. He also said that the carrier in these weapons are alot lighter and more prone to breakage when slammed during clearance procedures. He thought something in the buffer tube was bent. For what its worth, I'm no expert.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 1:55:29 PM EDT
I saw the mag get dropped on the ground a couple of times (dirt, sand damage) and the load appeared to be a bit light and quiet. I don't know the down time between their sight-in and the competition, but I'm also curious why they were using clear plastic magazines instead of the metal ones they were using earlier?
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:03:03 PM EDT
Top Top