Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2002 6:27:24 PM EDT
HB02-1242 - The shall issue concealed handgun permit bill just passed the House. We are halfway there, but the hard half is coming up. The bill is expected to fail in the Senate but we can change that if we show them how many people in Colorado want a new bill. PLEASE contact your Senator.
Find contact info here:
[url]http://www.state.co.us/gov_dir/stateleg.html[/url]
or more directly here:
[url]http://www.leg.state.co.us/2002a/inetdir.nsf/SenateMembers?openview[/url]

[url]http://www.leg.state.co.us/2002a/inetdir.nsf/d2ba3eab4e53242807256634004df526?OpenView[/url]

This is our chance lets not miss it again.

I edited to change the title so that it was easier to know the contents and to attempt to make this so easy that everyone who can write their senators will.

Scroll down to post number 4
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad my Senator, Sue Windels has Barbara Boxer as her role model, but maybe I can have my wife write a letter asking for CCW to protect her from testosterone crazed males.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.rmfcsa.org[/url]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#3]
No offense but you guys are [red]pathetic[/red]. Every time something like this comes up I know that it is only a matter of time before we lose all guns. 32 reads on something that will have a huge impact on us (Colorado residents immediately, the nation in the future) with hundred or thousands of reads on posts like "blonds, brunettes", "gay or not gay" and "hey ARlady". Come on guys, I believe that most of you are among the most concerned gun owners in terms of our gun rights, if this is as good as it gets I should give up now. What are you guys going to do as the assault weapons ban comes up for sunset, stick your thumbs up your butts and hope for the best[?]

Link Posted: 4/18/2002 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#4]
It does not get any easier than this:

Step #1 Click on the link below:
[url]http://www.vote-smart.org/index.phtml[/url]
Step #2 In the upper left hand corner there is a box for your zip code, enter it.
Step #3 Information will come up in the right hand frame. Scroll down until your senate district number comes up, this should be the second to last listing.
Step #4 Compare your district number to the list below:

People in district numbers 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 22, 23, 24, 27, 29, and 30 do not need to write their senator. These senators all received a grade of A or above from the NRA, the Firearms Coalition of Colorado, or Gun Owners of America and they are very likely to approve the bill.

If you are in district number 5, 6, 13, 19, 21, 26 or 28 it is important that you write your senator. These senators are newly elected and can more likely be swayed if they see that there large public support for this bill.

The senator in district 20 is on the fence, definitely write this senator if you live in this district.

District numbers 14, 15, 18, 25, and 33 have senators that generally vote antigun but not always. Write them and ask them to approve bill HB02-1242, they are not as likely to do it but it is always possible if they feel that they may lose their next election if they vote against it.

If you are in district 3, 17, 31, 32, 34, or 35 your senator is antigun. They will not be persuaded but it can not hurt to write them and tell them flat out they will lose your vote if they vote against HB02-1242.

Step #5 Write your letter and send it quickly, there are less than twenty session days left.

Here is a format that you can use:

The Honorable (Your Senator)
Address
City, State Zip Code

Dear Senator (Your Senators Last Name)

Please SUPPORT HB02-1242 - Concerning the Issuance of Permits for Concealed Handguns. Creating new statewide standards for the issuance of concealed weapons permits is an area of great concern to the citizens of Colorado. The current method of issuing handgun permits is dangerous and outdated, and needs to be updated for public safety. I am sure that you are aware of the current problems in the methods of issuing permits so I will not repeat them here. HB02-1242 will fix many of these problems and create a safer and more reliable system for issuing concealed weapons permits.
I realize that you may be morally opposed to the idea of having more guns on the streets of Colorado. Please do not oppose the bill because of this reason, people who carry guns for illegal purposes will not be affected by the passage of a permit law either way as they are not concerned with breaking the law. The people who will be affected by this law are the people in Colorado who are the most concerned with obeying the law. A frail grandmother being harassed by a local gang, or a woman being stalked by an abusive ex-husband are the people who you need to pass this bill for. Please allow the people of Colorado to legally protect themselves.

Sincerely,

(Your Name Signed)
(Your Name Typed)

Step #6 Tell your friends to complete steps 1-6.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top