Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 416
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#1]
no thats almost exactly my same stats in my Leopard and Hetzer.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Today has been kinda frustrating.  What are you all's win/loss & survive numbers look like?  I'm at 47%Win/53%Loss and a whopping 24% survive rate.  Are your numbers similar, or am I that bad?

Battle Participated: 1,063

Victories: 503 (47%)

Defeats: 542 (50%)

Survived in battles: 249 (23%)
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! I don't feel like quite as bad a retard now.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-
List updated:
BludFan85 - bludfan
Buckeye67 - Buckeye67

BuckHammer - BuckHammer

Cableguy221 -

CaptainPooby -

Dave_A -

Denwad -

_DR -

FiftyCalibre - FiftyCalibre

Flyfishnepa -

HELtEr - LEADville

Horadin - Horadin

Infallible - Concept6

Jonny712 - Jonnyboy

Klinc -Klinc

OKshooterHRS - OKshooterHRS

seattleducati - seattleducati

Soonerborn -

TheStig - asmx86routine

3DD3 - 3DD3

3trip - 3trip

2t2_Crash - 2t2_crash

2001ws6 - 2001ws6ta

ViaDolorosa - Letlev

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm on about 57% wins, but I have big stuff.

The russian heavies are more suited to the offensive at the end (tier 9 and 10), with bigger guns and higher speed. The germans end up being more defensive, with more armour but slower speed.

Russian mediums are more dogfighters, while german meds are more snipers.

German scouts are better. Pz3 and leopard are the best scouts.

German artillery is better, but russians get a higher tier artilley that drops mini nukes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got my notification for my activation code.
My screen name is:3DD3
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been playing for a few days. My name on the game is BuckHammer, the same as my ARF name. Any ARFcommers are welcome to hit me up on there.

EDIT: haha, didn't realize that I had already posted in this thread, but, yeah, my WOT name is the same as my ARF name, so you can chalk me up on the list.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the info on clans, I saw in the forum section that there was a clan section, so just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing out on anything.

I'd agree on the 60/40 comment.  Although I want to like the German tanks more, the Russian tanks seem to work better for me.  Right now I have the two starter tanks and two (one of each country's) light tanks.  The Russian tanks seem to be quicker and more maneuverable, which is really good for lights, but the German guns seem to be better.

I have another question though; is there any disadvantage to using gold to transfer to silver (gold into credits)?  I don't use the ammo that costs you gold, just the regular AP stuff or HE rounds if my tank is equiped with the single shot cannon.  Using the conversion I was able to buy my light tanks and upgrade them well...still waiting on enough exp to upgrade the German radio though.

Also, does it seem like a waste, this early on, to mount the single big bore cannon on your tank as opposed to the multi-shot AA style gun I've grown accustomed to?  With the light tank single shot cannon, it just seems too weak and too slow to reload to do any real damage.

Thanks,

SAVE your gold. Use it to buy premium accounts at first which will net you more XP and credits per game. Eventually you can use it to transfer XP to new tanks, which helps a lot in the higher tiers.

<< asmx86routine in game

Depends on the gun and how you plan on playing the tank. A single shot big bore gun will be more accurate and likely deal more damage with one hit but is slower to reload and takes longer to aim. When you said it seems too weak, take into account your ammo, target, range, and what part of the target you are actually hitting.

Try both and find what's best for your playing style.

ONLY use your gold to buy premium accounts.  If you have a 1 month account, you will earn a surplus of gold per month, which you can use on other stuff.

Get a week long prem account at minimum.  Save 9 days, buy 7 days of premium, save 9 more days, etc.  That way at most you will be without prem for 2 days at a time.  Premium is definetly worth it

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok, will do.  

With regard to yesterday, I had a fairly good day.  I can't give you stats at the moment, because I'm at work; but I had one game with 4 kills, which is a record for me, and a couple of great victories where me and maybe one other player were the only ones to survive.  

Anyone have arty, and how is the learning curve on it?  I was thinking about going this route seems as how arty really owns my ass durring some of the battles.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Ive got a wespe and I rarely use it.  I continuously get tossed in with guys who Blitzkrieg right off the bat leaving ZERO protection for the artillery at all, I'm not kidding.  Next thing you know I've got 5-6 Leopards, BT's, T34s, and Luchs all blowing the shit out of me.  I do however usually get the chance to smooth take one of those sonsobitches down with a one well aimed/timed shot before dying, so at least I have that.  After about 25 battles of that, I've had enough.  As it is I usually use my Leopard for initial scout rush defense then I go on the offensive just because I hate it when I use my artillery of being left high and dry.

ETA I just pulled my stat for my Wespe, my survival rate is 13%.  Leopard 27% PZ IIIa 23% PZ III 24% Hetzer 31%.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm on there..  2001ws6ta

Not sure if I've seen anyone from here on there yet.

Can't seem to log on right now  

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

They need to schedule server downtime around my play time.

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

They need to schedule server downtime around my play time.

I totally agree.

This game is like crack  
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#13]
still no confirmation code
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Consider this a tag.

Link Posted: 10/15/2010 1:41:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Anyone have arty, and how is the learning curve on it?  I was thinking about going this route seems as how arty really owns my ass durring some of the battles.

Go german arty.  Russian arty is inferior in almost every way.  I just got a SU14 and it blows goats, so I sold it making a HUGE loss.  Im trying for S51 now, since its better in almost every way.  Im also going for a Hummel (at wespe now).  German SPGs are faster, turn faster, have more range, do more damage.  Russian SPGs aim slightly faster and load SLIGHTLY faster.  You can use german SPGs like a tank destroyer lol.  The Wespe has more range than the SU8...no joke.

Depending on the map and opponent, watch for counter artillery fire.  You can spot arty by seeing their tracers and shooting a bit further.  Enemy SPG will often see your tracers and kill you.  Depending on the map, I like to spot for and kill enemy artillery.

If you are scared of enemy SPG, or one is trying to kill you, shoot and move all the time.

SPG like to hide in bushes, so if you are trying to kill an opposing SPG, then try and look for places they will hide.  This will usually be in a bush.  Likewise, the opponent knows this so when exchanging blows with an opposing SPG, I like to not be in a bush.  Bushes help alot to hide from opposing tanks.

I like to aim with the target towards the closer part of the aiming circle to me.  This is personal preference.  Artillery has a better chance of penetrating armour and therefore doing more damage if you hit their rear or top.  To hit the top, you need a higher angle, so you will often do more damage to a target that is further away.  If you can, hit their turret bustle, since there is usually an ammo rack there.

Always keep an eye on the mini map.  This will help you select targets and keep an eye on threats.  Try and keep an eye on your teammates so you can see vulnerable flanks and where they need some help.  If a flank completely crumbles, move your arse!

Try and be unpredictable where you are.  This makes it hard for counter arty.  The lower tier SPGs are great for hiding in tiny bushes.

Link Posted: 10/15/2010 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the info.   I had issues loading the launcher last night as well, but ran the .exe from the c:/games location and it worked fine.  So just so you know, the next time they're updating, go that route.  They were updating the forum/web site last night, not the game, but apparently it still affected the game launcher.  Last night was SLOW, there were only like 1-2K people on, as opposed to the 3-4K people as per normal...again, probably due to the launcher not working.

So last night I made some changes in my lineup.  Right now I still have a bt-2 and bt-7 which I love the speed and manouverability on, but really hate their guns and armor.  I find it frustrating when playing the bt-7 I'm playing against EFFING HUGE tanks and arty, then was told in one game "if you're name is at the bottom of the list you need to be scouting, to which I replied "I'm fine with scouting as long as I have support," and guess what, I didn't get any and only lasted 30 seconds into a scouting run.  I really want to get the upgrades to the bt-7 and work my way up to the T-34 series of tanks but it's hard to get exp when you last all of 20 seconds into a battle.  I know I just need to grind it out, but at the same time I don't need more experienced non-supportive team tools.  I wish that level 3 tanks weren't grouped in with 8,9 and 10's because it does take a lot of fun out of it.

I'm also sporting the PzII and Pz35(t) and picked up a Sturmpanzer I.  Only playing this game for a few days now, buying the arty really gave me new insight as to how arty works, but back to that in a minute.  I love the speed of the Pz35 and I guess I need to get to a point to upgrade to the 38.  The PzII is slower but it can take a good hit :) I seem to do a lot better when working with these level 2 tanks against the opfor.  For those of you who have more experience, would you suggest abandoing my T-34 dreams based on fondness of the German tanks so far, or is the T-34 et al such a different animal than the bt-7 that I'll like it?  

I would suggest that if you have room, buy arty and check it out just to understand what it's strengths and weaknesses are, for when you're playing a tank.  But I do have a question about accuracy; how do I make my rounds more accurate?  Last night I was playing and had the + on an stationary enemy tank, shot off the round and it landed in front of it, shot again, and the same thing.  Is it the crew's lack of exp or do I need to line up my shot differently or timed longer or ?

My last battle of the night made me laugh when I saw a heavy german tank coming my way (while playing arty).  I brought my gun down to direct fire level and fired...right over the top of him!  Shit, shit, shit went through my head and before I could move 3 feet BAM, I'm done :)
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

try the links i posted on the first page

eta i'll just add them here

MMORPG

OnRPG
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

try the links i posted on the first page

eta i'll just add them here

MMORPG

OnRPG

I'm in.

2t2_crash
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok I'm giving it a shot for the first time. Easy on my Hymen guys
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm having an error.Updating localization package:The Application cannot continue
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Got my key and registered and downloaded the program. Now the dumb question, how do I start playing? Where is the link to start?
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Got my key and registered and downloaded the program. Now the dumb question, how do I start playing? Where is the link to start?

Go to your C/: drive     click     games
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm having an error.Updating localization package:The Application cannot continue

same here, maybe server maintenance?

destroyed one on my first round... then got blasted. gotta figure out the controls.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

got this from the forums, it might work.

"Disable using torrents for launcher update and try launching the game using wot.exe."
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Disable using torrents for launcher update and try launching the game using wot.exe."

sweet.
 I need to figure out the controls... can we get inside the tank and view from the turret?
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks interesting.

I like anything that lets you kill Russians.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sweet.
 I need to figure out the controls... can we get inside the tank and view from the turret?

When you get into a battle hold down F1, it will show you a lot of controls.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Thanks for the info.   I had issues loading the launcher last night as well, but ran the .exe from the c:/games location and it worked fine.  So just so you know, the next time they're updating, go that route.  They were updating the forum/web site last night, not the game, but apparently it still affected the game launcher.  Last night was SLOW, there were only like 1-2K people on, as opposed to the 3-4K people as per normal...again, probably due to the launcher not working.

So last night I made some changes in my lineup.  Right now I still have a bt-2 and bt-7 which I love the speed and manouverability on, but really hate their guns and armor.  I find it frustrating when playing the bt-7 I'm playing against EFFING HUGE tanks and arty, then was told in one game "if you're name is at the bottom of the list you need to be scouting, to which I replied "I'm fine with scouting as long as I have support," and guess what, I didn't get any and only lasted 30 seconds into a scouting run.  I really want to get the upgrades to the bt-7 and work my way up to the T-34 series of tanks but it's hard to get exp when you last all of 20 seconds into a battle.  I know I just need to grind it out, but at the same time I don't need more experienced non-supportive team tools.  I wish that level 3 tanks weren't grouped in with 8,9 and 10's because it does take a lot of fun out of it.

I'm also sporting the PzII and Pz35(t) and picked up a Sturmpanzer I.  Only playing this game for a few days now, buying the arty really gave me new insight as to how arty works, but back to that in a minute.  I love the speed of the Pz35 and I guess I need to get to a point to upgrade to the 38.  The PzII is slower but it can take a good hit :) I seem to do a lot better when working with these level 2 tanks against the opfor.  For those of you who have more experience, would you suggest abandoing my T-34 dreams based on fondness of the German tanks so far, or is the T-34 et al such a different animal than the bt-7 that I'll like it?  

I would suggest that if you have room, buy arty and check it out just to understand what it's strengths and weaknesses are, for when you're playing a tank.  But I do have a question about accuracy; how do I make my rounds more accurate?  Last night I was playing and had the + on an stationary enemy tank, shot off the round and it landed in front of it, shot again, and the same thing.  Is it the crew's lack of exp or do I need to line up my shot differently or timed longer or ?

My last battle of the night made me laugh when I saw a heavy german tank coming my way (while playing arty).  I brought my gun down to direct fire level and fired...right over the top of him!  Shit, shit, shit went through my head and before I could move 3 feet BAM, I'm done :)

When scouting, I like to wait a few minutes.  This allows the enemy to disperse so that instead of running into a clump of 8 tanks, you run into 2 or 3 tanks.  Also, everyone expects scouts to rush in the first minute or so, they dont expect anyone after that.  Waiting also lets you sneak through their lines while their tanks are engaged with your tanks.  Try and use the terrain to your advantage.  Zoom down hills to gain more speed.  If you use the hills properly, you can dodge really easily.  You can also use hills to fight.  Someone on a hill slope can easily hit someone on the crest of the hill, while the person on the crest can't hit them.  If you time things well, you can hit them while they are cresting, then as they come over to the slope, you can use the slope to gain speed then zoom back over the crest or around some obstacles.

T34 line is worth it.  T34 is incredibly fun!  T44 is considered one of the best tanks in the game.  I have successfully trolled many a Tiger 2 with mine.

When using medium tanks while fighting heavies, use your advantages.  Keep moving and if their turret turns slowly, circle them.  Hit their tracks so they cant turn.  Hit their sides and rear where their armour is weaker.  Use buildings as obstacles to hide behind while you reload.  I like to circle them while using buildings to go around as part of the circle.  If there are buildings around, boom and zoom.  This really pisses off heavies.

Link Posted: 10/15/2010 10:42:04 PM EDT
[#29]
I've gotten so frustrate! I deleted it all off my machine going to try a clean reload.
Every time I try to launch the "full" 1.something GB download I freeze up!? I need to clean my puter up.....
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Working to get a Panzer IV, that's all I really want.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 5:45:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've gotten so frustrate! I deleted it all off my machine going to try a clean reload.
Every time I try to launch the "full" 1.something GB download I freeze up!? I need to clean my puter up.....

My computer locks up or i get kicked out. Its not all the time though. I think the computer locking up is on my part. My computer is 4 years old. I know the memory isn't an issue but not sure on the video card.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I've about had it.  I've been trying to work up my Panzer III and for the past two days I keep getting stuck in battles with Tigers, Kingtigers, Jagdpanthers, IS's, T-44's, Ferdinands and crap that can basically one-shot my ass.  I've gone from about 30% survive rate in my PIII to 21%.  It's really pissing me off.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've about had it.  I've been trying to work up my Panzer III and for the past two days I keep getting stuck in battles with Tigers, Kingtigers, Jagdpanthers, IS's, T-44's, Ferdinands and crap that can basically one-shot my ass.  I've gone from about 30% survive rate in my PIII to 21%.  It's really pissing me off.

stick with it man, the PZ III is notorious for being fodder for bigger better tanks.  I think the rating/tier system needs a major revamp for this tank.  I use mine to scout.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Sell it and get something else. I'm working my way up to a Leopard.

Right now I've got a Leichttrackor, Pz 35 ( T ), Pz II, and a Pz II Luchs in the garage.

It's definitely harder when you start out in the larger tanks. You need to work in packs to survive.

Link Posted: 10/16/2010 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sell it and get something else. I'm working my way up to a Leopard.

Right now I've got a Leichttrackor, Pz 35 ( T ), Pz II, and a Pz II Luchs in the garage.

It's definitely harder when you start out in the larger tanks. You need to work in packs to survive.

I'll get over myself, I just need to give it a rest for a bit.  I've played the heck out of my Luchs and have unlocked the Leopard.  I just haven't gotten the cash to buy it yet.  I love scouting (hate the mortality rate though )  I think I'm going to work on some russki tanks for a bit.  I'd like a T-44 in the stable eventually, I think.  

Link Posted: 10/16/2010 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'll get over myself, I just need to give it a rest for a bit.  I've played the heck out of my Luchs and have unlocked the Leopard.  I just haven't gotten the cash to buy it yet.  I love scouting (hate the mortality rate though )  I think I'm going to work on some russki tanks for a bit.  I'd like a T-44 in the stable eventually, I think.  

It can be addicting. If it wasn't for all the lock ups and getting kicked out I'd never get anything else done..

Link Posted: 10/16/2010 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Treat the Pz3 just like the leopard.  It is the perfect artillery hunter, and arguably the best scout in game (some say better than the leopard).  Its bigger than the leo, but has better acceleration and a bigger gun.

Pz3 is incredibly fun once you get used to it.

Link Posted: 10/17/2010 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Had a pretty good day in the PIII today.  I was getting into battles with folks in similar tiers.  Even managed 3 kills in one game.  

Conversely, in the BT-7 I was at the very bottom of the food chain in just about every battle I was in.  I think they need to work on how they match people up for these things.  Having an unmodded BT-7 going against Kingtigers and IS-2's and such is just stupid.  Pretty much the only way I can survive a fight like that is to hide somewhere and hope we win.
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#39]
In game name = LEADville
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 12:17:34 AM EDT
[#40]
anyone use teamspeak?
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 7:34:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Sorry, no teamspeak here.

This weekend was productive, from a WOT standpoint, but not from a getting anything else done.

I still have the BT-7 but didn't play it at all this weekend.  I really hate it when the opposing team has them though, they're hard as hell to hit with arty.  Oh and for the newer players, pick up an arty piece for a lot of cash and pretty quick exp.  Right now I'm sporting the SturmpanzerII and building up to get exp for the Grille.  My current arty gets me around $5-8K per game, so it adds up a lot quicker than the light tanks.  I also now have a fully pimped out PzIII Aust A and Pz38(t), both building up exp to move on.

Another quick note for newer players, when I'm playing arty it's very hard to hit you if you're a tank and behind a building, or against a hillside.  Use those things to protect you from arty attacks.  Also, the faster your tank the less likely I'm going to be able to hit you...and don't always run in a straight line where I can predict where you're going to be.  

The unfortunate thing is that the German tank tree on the their site is incorrect, I believe.  With the 38(t) I don't have the option to unlock the PzIII/IV, only the Hetzer, which I think isn't a road I want to go down.

So, question of the day.  Is there a disadvantage to using a previously used tank's crew to crew a new tank?  i.e. I have a Pz35(t) crew at 65% running a Pz38(t) because they come out of the box with 50%.  I understand that they don't gain any more exp, but I can use my arty to get me $ and then pick up a 75% crew member pretty quick to replace the 65% member.  What's the disadvantage besides using money?  Does the 35 crew not manage the 38 as well?

FYI, watch out for some douche nammed Stafford.  I only had one game with him yesterday (on my team), but he rammed me right from the get go, damaging my right track, then proceded to shoot me from behind, which damaged my engine.  So there I was, left with 16 hit points left with a damaged track and maxed out on speed at 2km.  All I was able to do was hide and wait to get killed.
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This weekend was productive, from a WOT standpoint, but not from a getting anything else done.

I still have the BT-7 but didn't play it at all this weekend.  I really hate it when the opposing team has them though, they're hard as hell to hit with arty.  Oh and for the newer players, pick up an arty piece for a lot of cash and pretty quick exp.  Right now I'm sporting the SturmpanzerII and building up to get exp for the Grille.  My current arty gets me around $5-8K per game, so it adds up a lot quicker than the light tanks.  I also now have a fully pimped out PzIII Aust A and Pz38(t), both building up exp to move on.

Another quick note for newer players, when I'm playing arty it's very hard to hit you if you're a tank and behind a building, or against a hillside.  Use those things to protect you from arty attacks.  Also, the faster your tank the less likely I'm going to be able to hit you...and don't always run in a straight line where I can predict where you're going to be.  

The unfortunate thing is that the German tank tree on the their site is incorrect, I believe.  With the 38(t) I don't have the option to unlock the PzIII/IV, only the Hetzer, which I think isn't a road I want to go down.

So, question of the day.  Is there a disadvantage to using a previously used tank's crew to crew a new tank?  i.e. I have a Pz35(t) crew at 65% running a Pz38(t) because they come out of the box with 50%.  I understand that they don't gain any more exp, but I can use my arty to get me $ and then pick up a 75% crew member pretty quick to replace the 65% member.  What's the disadvantage besides using money?  Does the 35 crew not manage the 38 as well?

FYI, watch out for some douche nammed Stafford.  I only had one game with him yesterday (on my team), but he rammed me right from the get go, damaging my right track, then proceded to shoot me from behind, which damaged my engine.  So there I was, left with 16 hit points left with a damaged track and maxed out on speed at 2km.  All I was able to do was hide and wait to get killed.

Dont forget to retrain older crews to the newer tanks
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1   You can retrain the old crew to the new tank
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1   You can retrain the old crew to the new tank

On lower level tanks, it may not be worth retraining.  I always retrain after around tier4 or 5 though.

Link Posted: 10/18/2010 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#45]
I am finding it hard as hell to aim, either the tank crew wants to aim for what I am looking at or they want to shoot right into the dirt. it's fucking annoying.
Link Posted: 10/19/2010 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I am finding it hard as hell to aim, either the tank crew wants to aim for what I am looking at or they want to shoot right into the dirt. it's fucking annoying.

Which tanks are you driving?  It might be that you need your turret to turn towards the enemy before you fire, that you're on a slope, that they're behind a slope or you need to stop moving and let your targeting indicator get smaller.  In most of those cases, crew training will help out.  
If you have a mouse with a wheelie on it you can rotate it forward to the point where you're looking out of your gun (i.e. gun cam), or hit the shift button to get the same result.
Link Posted: 10/19/2010 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#47]
OMG i love this game!  I got my beta key the other day (thx to whoever posted those links!!!) and have really cracked out on it.

Username:bludfan

hit me up i love to scout :D
Link Posted: 10/19/2010 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Downloading now... ready to join the first ARFCOM Tank Division!
Link Posted: 10/19/2010 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Ok, I've downloaded this, I go to the Launcher, I hit 'play', and... it goes away.

Any thoughts?  Running Win7, plenty of machine here...

It does toss some Win7 security warnings at me...

DirectX Problem.  Resolved.
Link Posted: 10/19/2010 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I hate the BT-7 with a passion.  I need about 1k more XP to unlock the A-20 and I hope that makes life better.  Sure, it goes fast... in a straight line, but it doesn't turn for crap.  The armor is paper and the guns are anemic.  It's like the BT-7 is the dues you have to pay to get the that sweet, sweet T-34 & T-44 action.  I think my survival rate in the BT-7 is about 15%.

I hear ya on the scouting thing too.  I had initially typed out a longish paragraph here about scouting, but I think I can sum it up best by saying that scouting is great... if you have a masochistic streak.

I tried playing artillery and while it's kind of neat, I don't think it's really my bag.  It is good experience to learn how it works though.  It'll help your regular tanking knowing what it can and can't do.

Page / 416
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top