Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2002 5:08:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:51:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I am looking forward to "Sum of All Fears" because I love [b]real[/b] Clancy novels. (All the series like 'net force' or 'op center' are written by someone else and mererly bere the name 'created by' in tiny leters the Tom Clany and the real author in tiny leters.

Being a geek I have an obligitory responsibility to go see episode II, even if I don't one of my friends will drag me to it.

Later in the summer xXx comes out, which actually looks preaty good, and it has Vin Disel who is one of my favorite actors.

The Final Bond movie with Peirce Brosnin comes out sometime during the summer, not sure when.

Also MIB II comes out if you like Will Smith.

Of courseall this is simply a lead up to next summer when [b]TERMINATOR III[/b] comes out!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Just remember, any movie title containing Roman numerals is a harbringer of a really BAD movie.  See it at your own risk.  [;)]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:29:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just remember, any movie title containing Roman numerals is a harbringer of a really BAD movie.  See it at your own risk.  [;)]
View Quote

Well it's a good sign then because it's actually called 'rise of the machines'.

It takes place in the future, but before Kyle Resse is sent back, so does that make it a sequel or prequel....SOOO VERY CONFUSING! [;)]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget about part 2 of The Lord of The Rings.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#5]
If "Reality TV" makes it to the big screen I will drive my car though the theater.

As of late: I really enjoyed "3000 Miles to Graceland".  Guns N Elvis. [:D]

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#6]
What do you mean by "lately?"
There's been a lot of good movies in the last few years, and several good ones in just the last few months.  Now this SUMMER'S movies don't look that great, but there've been some good ones "lately."
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#7]
See, mcgrubbs, it's all a matter of opinion. I thought [i]Changing Lanes[/i] was a pretty good attempt to make Joe Average consider ethics and integrity.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I watch a lot of Hong Kong action movies, dramas
,comedys on VCD or DVD, there are lots of good
movies out there, but if you only watch American
films you are missing out on some good foreign
films, and dont worry about the language, they
have english sub titles.
View Quote
yeah alot of the really good movies ive seen arnt american made alot of them have been imports

Jin Roh The wolf Brigade, Tenshi no Tamago (english title: Egg of the Angel)(not for those that cant stand metaphore, theres more but i cant think of there names right now so much ive seen.

Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Go see Shreck.  Sure, it's a computer cartoon, but it's good.

Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Black Hawk Down
Ice Age (for a kids movie)
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I miss REAL MOVIES...

Death Wish
Taxi Driver
Godfather I & II
Dirty Harry

before movies had to contain a PC message.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#12]
the time machine was a joke, guy pierce was way better in momento
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I mostly agree with you mcgrubbs.  I mean there are still alot of pretty good movies being made and not that many really great ones, but I think Hollywood is just pounding out alot of crappy, poorly made movies.  I think they know there are so many people out there that even if only a small percent of them go to one, they will make a considerable profit. These tend to be the movies they can crank out very fast and don't have any special effects or talented actors so they really have nothing invested.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Holy crap! I can't believe no one has mentioned Windtalkers yet! It comes out 14-June-2002.

[url]www.mgm.com/windtalkers/flash/intro.html[/url]

Your mission is to protect the code at all costs...
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I too was all geared up for "sum of all fears" untill I found out the studio changed the storyline and replaced the arab terrorists with militia/skinhead types. Clancy should sue them blind !!! I won't see it.[pissed]

As for SW episode 2, I have to see it, I waited in line to see the other four when they came out. (damn that dates me) [:D]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#17]
The problem with movies nowdays is that they focus too much around special effects and how glamorous the actors look. A good script and story is a mere accidental coincidence.

Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Go see Shreck.  Sure, it's a computer cartoon, but it's good.

View Quote

"and in the morning I am makin....WAFFLES!!"
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Imbroglio:
The problem with movies nowdays is that they focus too much around special effects and how glamorous the actors look. A good script and story is a mere accidental coincidence.
View Quote

When I get bored with current offerings, I usually rent an old underrated sleeper sans special effects (Once Upon a Time In The West, Charley Varick, The Balled Of Cable Hoag, Judge Roy Bean, The Long Riders, The Professional....).

Don't laugh, but I recently saw "The Wild Bunch" for the first time because someone here recamended it. Can't believe I didn't see before - I was 17 when it came out!).

[i]Can ya tell I like westerns?[/i]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I watched "The Grapes of Wrath" the other night. The plot was fascinating, the characters had depth (unlike the crap ben affleck/matt damon roles) and I thought it was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#22]
You know the people making these crappy movies know that they are crap.  How can anybody not know?
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:43:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Agreed mcgrubbs. Been thinking the same thing for some time now. Of course it doesn't really matter... people still put down their $10 for every flop hollywood puts out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 4:56:26 AM EDT
[#24]
There are just as many good movies as there ever have been.  People seem to be saying "look at all these horrible movies, they're nothing like The Godfather, etc..."
Well, news flash, the years those great movies came out a hell of a lot of CRAPPY movies also came out...it's just that no one remembers them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:42:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Because of discussion on this board.
I went looking for a crappy movie. I went to three movie rental joints looking for; "They Live".

Cant find the damn movie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top