Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/16/2002 9:54:20 PM EDT
i wanted to see how screwed the gun laws were in Kalifornia, so i looked them up. i think it would take about 20 years to figure them all out. dang that state is screwed! no offense to ar15.comers who live in CA
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:00:29 PM EDT
I did. Bail out! Bail out! Move to Washington! Dad: send me the evil guns before they're taken.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:10:11 PM EDT
Quite a while back, someone posted some "gun laws in every state" website. AZ and NV had a couple pages of laws each, CA had 52 pages.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:40:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By QBit: I did. Bail out! Bail out! Move to Washington! Dad: send me the evil guns before they're taken.
View Quote
i did bail out from reading those laws, i dont live there. Thank God!!! i live in Texas [beer]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 7:01:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By QBit: Dad: send me the evil guns before they're taken.
View Quote
Thats what I keep telling my dad in IL
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:15:13 AM EDT
They are not that complicated. Personally I found buying handguns more of a hassel when I lived in Michigan than California. California = two trips to the gun shop. Michigan = two trips to the police station & one trip to the gunshop.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:28:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR15fan: They are not that complicated.
View Quote
Well, I don't know that I'd go that far. They're certainly more complicated than in a lot of other states. In fact, their complexity and ambiguity can ultimately work in the favor of any lawsuits challenging them.
Personally I found buying handguns more of a hassel when I lived in Michigan than California. California = two trips to the gun shop. Michigan = two trips to the police station & one trip to the gunshop.
View Quote
Definitely true. Except, instead of Michigan, I was in New York and Massachusetts. At least California recognizes that my DD214 says that I've been trained (indoctrinated?) in the safe handling of firearms.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:37:04 AM EDT
There are worst states. Take HI and NJ for instance. IN CA you can still own hi cap mags if you owned them prior to SB23.
Top Top