Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2002 7:07:17 PM EDT
[url]www.etonline.com[/url]

I used to watch his shows all the time, especially SWAT and Vegas.  
He always seemed like a nice guy, not pretentious like most actors.
Gonna miss seeing him.  Only 55 years old.

Edited, 'cause I can't seem to direct link to the online story.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Many people don't remember he was in the Clint Eastwood movie, Magnum Force.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I like him in 'Spenser for Hire' better than anything else.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Many people don't remember he was in the Clint Eastwood movie, Magnum Force.
View Quote

Yeah, I remember. He was one of the vigilante cops.

Sad thing to relapse like that. He was on the "Who wants to be a millionaire" show not to long ago and looked good...
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Unpretentious is right.  
He did several National Geographic specials while completely bald, due to the chemotherapy he was receiving.  I bet you wouldn't see Alec Baldwin, or most of the other Hollywood maggots do something like that.

Godspeed, Mr. Urich
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I always liked Robert Urich.  He seemed like he was decent away from cameras too from what I've always read.  I didn't even know he was in bad shape, I thought his cancer was cured.  What a bummer.

RIP Spenser.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#8]
He did seem like a decent man. Sometimes the charm is natural b/c the guy really [i]is[/i] nice.

RIP Robert Urich.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I used to look forward every week to watch Spencer For Hire. It was one of my favorite shows when I was growing up. He looked like the kind a guy that'd help out anyone in need.If you guys didn't know. He was on the short lived show "Emeral" on nbc as Emeral Lagasse's sleazy agent. That was his last role that i know of. I hope he's at peace with our creater.RIP [O:)]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#10]
DanRosannaDannaTanna

What we called him when we were Marines.........and young.

Dave S

Miss him already.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top