Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2002 9:41:59 AM EDT
Over the past several months that I have been gathering parts for my new upper, I have called several well known advertisers of AR-15 parts that list both here at AR15.com and in SNG and Gunlist. On more than one occasion I have been told, "Oh, those are long gone, sold out, etc." only to see the same ad two or three weeks later listing the same items! I know there is several weeks lead time from when they call in their ads to when the paper goes to print, but give me a break! Usually the guy on the other end of the line seems real condescending about me asking for something they no longer have. That is why I will no longer deal with these outfits, I have had great service ordering from Bushmaster in the past, that is where my money will go when I need something. Done with my ranting for now!
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#1]
These adds are produced several months in advance, and the same adds are used over and over, for the duration of a contract.

Those full page adds, cost roughly $1000 weekly, when run over a long term contract, and it costs a hell of a lot more to edit the adds on a regular basis!

Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:40:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top