Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2002 11:58:17 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/666483/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
It's comical that the head of the UN is resorting to "dude...everybody's doing it."
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's comical that the head of the UN is resorting to "dude...everybody's doing it."
View Quote

Funny, funny stuff.
There is a general presumption that the UN is composed of altruistic diplomats of a noble character. Hah! The UN is composed of the most corrupt people on the planet and they are political rather than altruistic. Annan is an Egyptian and an Arab. Period. What makes him different is that the UN monies allow him to live in splendor and as a celebrity.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Fallacy of Numbers.
Fallacy of Relevance.
Argumentum ad Verecundiam
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you will find that politics and altruism walk hand and hand.  For Politics require that someone be altruistic as their own truths are sacrificed usually, "FOR THE PEOPLE, or FOR THE CHILDREN."

Ben
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate the UN, hopefully someday more people will open their eyes and we won't be in it no more:

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/65f9a966/bc/My+Photos/UN.GIF?bcfx1C9AhKcikfzw[/img]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hate the UN, hopefully someday more people will open their eyes and we won't be in it no more:
View Quote

Great cartoon. Lately, I've likened the US to a parent, and the rest of the world to a bunch of teenage kids. When some catastrophe occurs like and earthquake or famine, they expect our money. Every time they f up and "break curfew", they are astonished that we impose any punishment.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#7]

[i]"The whole world isn't wrong"[/i]

Now why couldn't we use that reason when the whole world had legalized slavery, autocratic monarchies and Emperors, imperialism and colonialism?

Well done [b]Benjamin0001[/b] - logical fallacies drive the reasoning of the UN.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone told Koffi that "everyone is jumping off the bridge" yet?  It might work[>:/]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top