Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2002 12:41:54 AM EDT
[i]From IDF sources[/i]

"The Red Cross Refused to Deliver Medicine and Medical Equipment to the Church of the Nativity
Once again, today the I.D.F. supplied medicine and humanitarian aide to
the Franciscan fathers in Manger Square.

Similarly, the I.D.F. attempted to assist to deliver medicine and medical equipment to the injured inside of the Church of the Nativity, in evacuating the injured and in removing the bodies.

The I.D.F. approached the International Red Cross with a request to deliver the aide, but its representatives absolutely refused to enter the area of the church.

I.D.F. forces will continue in an effort to deliver medical equipment and humanitarian aide for the Christians in the Church of the Nativity."

Link Posted: 4/15/2002 12:51:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the Red Cross doesn't trust the IDF not to shoot them in the back. . . .  Can't say I blame them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:00:16 AM EDT
[#2]
utoh

We gonna make a pool to see how many posts this builds upto?

Silence
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 2:50:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sounds like the Red Cross doesn't trust the IDF not to shoot them in the back. . . .  Can't say I blame them.
View Quote

Or maybe they don't like to be taken as hostages...
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 3:57:47 AM EDT
[#4]
As a Christian, I say 'burn 'em out'! [:D]

Whatever stake I have in this shrine I would gladly give up to see the murderers brought to justice, either in this world or the world to come!

Who knows, maybe if those terrorist bastids stay in there long enough, they may convert!

Eric The(Sassy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:01:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Perhaps it is because the IDF fired on the Red Cross workers ?
(FOX News)
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:34:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Post from 5subslr5 -
View Quote

When was that, [b]subsailor[/b]?

I went to FoxNews.com and searched for Red Cross and came up with nothing.

I would think that if the IDF was picking off Red Cross Workers, we would certainly know about it from the banner headlines!

Eric The(We'reNotTalking'RedCrescent'AreWe?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Best answer:

They are afraid of becoming hostages - quick thinking [b]PaoloAR15[/b]

Link Posted: 4/15/2002 7:15:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was thinking the same thing...

Priests inside leaving and returning and several innocent bystanders having been shot, that is.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 7:22:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Post from 5subslr5 -
View Quote

When was that, [b]subsailor[/b]?

I went to FoxNews.com and searched for Red Cross and came up with nothing.

I would think that if the IDF was picking off Red Cross Workers, we would certainly know about it from the banner headlines!

Eric The(We'reNotTalking'RedCrescent'AreWe?)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Eric,
was probably Saturday as I watched most of the Masters Golf tournament on Sunday.

Was just a mention in the top-of-the-hour summary and the report said "fired on" not hit or picked off.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:07:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Was thinking the same thing...

Priests inside leaving and returning and several innocent bystanders having been shot, that is.
View Quote

Father Ibrahim Faltas told lies many times about the Beitlehem Nativity church siege affair, and many of his statements denounce antisemitic feeling (why saying "The Jews are sieging the Nativity church" and not "The Israeli army is sieging the Nativity church", especially when NOT all the IDF soldiers are Jews?...).

Media reported shot dead by Israelis people that were in most cases wounded or not dead at all, as in the case of Father Jacques Amateis.

Simply the fact that the Roman Catholic Church and the Francescan Order are blaming only Israel for having sieged the Nativity Church and they [size=6]DIDN'T SPENT ONE SINGLE WORD[/size=6] to condemn the violation of a christian holy place by Palestinan armed men is very significative.

To me means that the RC church habit to blame Jews for everything is still hard to die.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:57:55 AM EDT
[#11]
From [i]Jerusalem Post[/i] of 16 April 2002

Two soldiers shot near Church of Nativity
By Margot Dudkevitch

Two soldiers were lightly wounded yesterday by Palestinian gunfire near the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. The soldiers were taken to Hadassah-University Hospital in Jerusalem's Ein Kerem neighborhood.

Soldiers deployed in the area were unable to identify whether the source of Palestinian sniper fire came from within the church or from one of the buildings nearby.

There were reports of sporadic gunfire throughout the day aimed at the troops, who have operated in the city since the launching of Operation Defensive Shield over two weeks ago.

According to IDF sources, soldiers destroyed an explosives laboratory they discovered not far from the church compound, where Palestinians reported hearing several explosions yesterday.

Soldiers also entered the Palace Hotel located next to the church and took up positions inside the building.

The IDF refrained from comment on Palestinian reports that two gunmen were wounded during an exchange of gunfire near the church, were taken under guard to a hospital in Jerusalem after surrendering.

Since the beginning of the month, some 250 Palestinian gunmen have been holed up in the church with clergymen and Palestinian security officials.

Israel has demanded that the Palestinian gunmen inside the church - among them fugitives wanted by Israel for their involvement in terrorist activities - lay down their arms and surrender. A compromise offer by Israel was that the gunmen be deported to another country.

The Palestinians have rejected all Israeli attempts to bring the siege of the church to a peaceful end.

In the village of Dura near Bethlehem, a Palestinian woman was killed in an exchange of gunfire between Palestinian gunmen and soldiers operating in the village. Palestinians claimed the woman was killed when soldiers blew up the door of the home from which the gunmen were shooting.

Soldiers also searched for terrorists and weapons in the village of Ubeidiya.

Magen David Adom medics helped a 20-year-old Palestinian woman give birth at the army roadblock near Efrata yesterday. The woman and her baby boy were brought to east Jerusalem's Mokassed Hospital.

In the Gaza Strip area early yesterday, soldiers killed two terrorists. They were spotted attempting to infiltrate the community of Kfar Darom with a third, armed Palestinian.

Last night, shots were fired at a convoy of Israeli buses on the Karni-Netzarim road. There were no casualties and no damage was reported."

Who is shooting who?
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:59:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Where's Janet Reno when you need her???

WL
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

To me means that the RC church habit to blame Jews for everything is still hard to die.
View Quote

All Muslim nations and now the Roman Catholics condemn the Israeli actions.  The Europeans continue to move away from Sharon.

Must be hard for you to accept Paolo.

If Sharon will just continue for a bit longer he will accomplish what the Palestinians could never do and that is destroy Israeli credibility on the world stage.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Screw the Palestinians. Any race of people who encourage their young to strap bombs onto themselves and murder defenseless people is a mongrel race of savages. They are terrorists. I don't give a sh*t about their perspective. All things are not relative depending on the perspective. There is good and there is evil. The Palestinians are evil. I side with the Israelis because they are on our side. I am against the Palestinians because they are not on our side. For me the issue is black and white. You are either with the terrorists or you are with us.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

All Muslim nations and now the Roman Catholics condemn the Israeli actions.  The Europeans continue to move away from Sharon.

Must be hard for you to accept Paolo.

If Sharon will just continue for a bit longer he will accomplish what the Palestinians could never do and that is destroy Israeli credibility on the world stage.
View Quote

subsailor:
- what about Palestinian credibility?
They killed and they lied.
-what about the Roman Catholic credibility?
In 2000 years of history they lied and killed millions of people that were dissenting the official opinion of the church.
-what about the Europeans credibility?
They killed jews (mainly, but also many other populations all over the world...)
-what about muslims credibility?
they killed much more Palestinians than all the IDF units put together!

I say that it's hard also for you to accept the fact that Palestinians can be wrong, that the same principles that brought USA to start War to Terrorism are valid also for ANY country that was hit by terrorism, that in this GLOBAL world, Palestinians have other choices that to allow children and youngsters to blow up innocent people.

There are many other cases of Palestininans killed by dozens, by hundreds, by thousands, but nobody cares to mention it, and you know why?

BECAUSE THEY WERE KILLED BY OTHER PEOPLE THAN JEWS!

That's the truth!

[img]http://www.informazionecorretta.com/images/ToiletPaper.gif[/img]

This is the use that Arafat is doing of the Rogue States List that Bush gave him...
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Paolo,
I do not believe there is very much 'right' with either the Israelis or the Palestinians.

How about some news about how the Italians and other European countries feel about this situation ??  I don't care which side the news favors just would like to hear more about European attitudes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Paolo,
I do not believe there is very much 'right' with either the Israelis or the Palestinians.

How about some news about how the Italians and other European countries feel about this situation ??  I don't care which side the news favors just would like to hear more about European attitudes.
View Quote

You should know the EU attitude very well, because the americans experimented it previously: Europeans political leaders elected themselves as professors for giving lectures of Democracy and Human Rights to USA and the rest of the world.

It's a real pity that most of the mass slaughter of the past (Holocaust included but NOT only this one...) and of the present can be addressed to the paricular interests of EU govt., last but not least the dimission of the Dutch prime minister Kok, related to the Dutch troops inaction while Serbian butcherers where killing muslims in Bosnia.

For my side, I joined the pro-Israel demonstration in Rome (expenses payed by many non-jewish people btw...), just to say clearly to Italian society that Italy is NOT France.

I got big democracy lessons in this forum from americans, and if there will be (I guess so for the 9-11 commemoration this year...) a pro-USA demonstration, like the other one I joined in Tel Aviv 4 days after the WTC attack, I'll join too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top