Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2002 7:46:49 PM EDT
[img]http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/star_wars__episode_ii___attack_of_the_clones/starwarsep2_poster4big.jpg[/img]

Anyone else excited about the next installment? Opens on the 16th of May. Me thinks I am gonna play hookie from work and go check it out at the opening.

Anyone from the DFW area wanna join me for some all you can eat sushi and maybe some Kirin/Sapporo at Osaka in Plano and then  checking out the flick on the first showing?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Anyone from the DFW area wanna join me for some all you can eat sushi and maybe some Kirin/Sapporo at Osaka in Plano and then  checking out the flick on the first showing?
View Quote

In my town Osaka Gardens is a massage parlor[;D]
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, I confess, I too am a nerd. [:E]

If Jar Jar Binks gets cut in half with a light sabre I might even see it twice. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone else excited about the next installment? Opens on the 16th of May.
View Quote

[b][size=6]SIGH[/size=6][/b]

Me thinks I am gonna play hookie from work and go check it out at the opening.

View Quote

[b][size=6] [V] HEAVY SIGH [V] [/size=6][/b]

Sgtar15

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Capitalist, I think I like your kind of all you can eat sushi better.

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me thinks I am gonna play hookie from work and go check it out at the opening.

View Quote

[b][size=6] [V] HEAVY SIGH [V] [/size=6][/b]

Sgtar15

View Quote

Yes my job sucks that bad. I would use a sick day just to see a movie. Isn't that just pathetic.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Definately going to go see it. I am a nerd too, and love the Star Wars series. I just hope in this one they don't put in as much stupid crap (Jar-Jar Binks, may he he die many a horrible death)

Lucas needs to stick with what made the first ones so great, not add new retarded crap for the little kiddies. No matter what, I'm going to see it a couple times.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard Nsync had a camio in this movie. Sounds like they were scraping the bottom of the barrel for new characters.
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I heard Nsync had a camio in this movie. Sounds like they were scraping the bottom of the barrel for new characters.
CAPITALIST
View Quote

Well if they are all killed then I might find this acceptable.....
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I found a box of my old Star Wars action figures in my mom's basement a while back, and my kids have been playing with them.  Actually, I have been playing with them too; they make dry-firing with my AR-15 in the basement much more interesting than shooting a little red sticker on the wall.

Anyway, I hope the movie is good.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I found a box of my old Star Wars action figures in my mom's basement a while back, and my kids have been playing with them.  Actually, I have been playing with them too; they make dry-firing with my AR-15 in the basement much more interesting than shooting a little red sticker on the wall.

Anyway, I hope the movie is good.
View Quote

If you didn't spend as much money on action figures you wouldn't have to dryfire your AR. You afford ammo [thinking] [:D]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#11]
so, is this the one where we see anakin get a piece of amadala ([sex]) thus creating luke and leia ??  (OOPS, did I just give away episodes 4-6??)[spank][BD]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Although I'm against genocide on our planet, I would like to see someone introduce some water born bacteria to wipe out Jar Jar and his whole stupid race. I think Lucas sold out in episode one with Jar Jar, his whole race, and that Cheech like troll of a character on Tatoone who had a pawn shop. Also I think the spoiled brat who played Darth Vader over acted and should have been a more quiet introverted personality

I love episodes 4,5,6 and the books. I will give Lucas one more chance to redeem himself or I will have him carbon froze.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Lucas' saying that he made Episode 1, "...for the kids" was a Freudian-slip admission that it would be as endearing as the proverbial fart in the elevator to the rest of us. Kids movies aren't usually marketed with the kind of hype that SW's is, and for good reason. Methinks that Lucas, upon finishing it all up, gazed back upon his creation & quoted the Almighty's words after making mankind - "Frankie! [shock]" So, we have a multi-million $ "kids movie". [puke]

Maybe he can blame it all on just too much Napa Valley wine.

Lucas would do much for the reputation of the series (& maybe his ability as a writer/director) if he could make this installment better than only a few clicks shy of his [i]other[/i] Episode 1 POS, "Howard the Duck".

Maybe the Empire can execute him by firing squad[:D]...but then he'd just be a martyr, and he doesn't deserve that kind of reverence[:(!] Then again, the Empire could just lock him down in some dungeon on an abandoned asteroid with some over-sexed, multi-pr!cked alien and let justice take its course...[shock][sex][shock]

OTOH, if it turns out to be as good as the SW game, "Outcast: JK 2", then it'll be a worth it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Definitely going to see it. Stood inline when I was  a younger person to see the originals.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm getting jazzed about Spider-Man first, before I get worked into a lather about AOTC. Going to be a great May.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Haven't there been 2 FDCGH's camping out in front of some theater since around January just so they get in to see the movie first?

I am going to save my money for the remake of Dawn of the Dead and the 4th Romero living dead movie, Dead Reckoning.

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I can't wait, I finally saw the preview on the big screen this weekend. And judging by the amount of detail and special effects, it's going to be great.

And if the actor's scale in the posters hold true, it looks like we are going to see a lot of Boba Fett's progenetor, Jango Fett.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
so, is this the one where we see anakin get a piece of amadala ([sex]) thus creating luke and leia ??  (OOPS, did I just give away episodes 4-6??)[spank][BD]
View Quote

Episodes 4, 6, and 6 were released years ago.  You ought to see them to understand the hype surrounding the release of Episode 2 next month.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I've already put in for the day off work.  Me and my nerdy friends did this for the last one, dissapointing as it was, and for LOTR, awesome as it was.  I've actually some appreciation for Ep. 1, you just have to overlook the bad acting and Jar Jar, just as in Ep. 6 you had to overlook the ewoks.  I'm really looking forward to this one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:02:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
CAPITALIST
View Quote

View Quote

As I understand it, they play the roles of young Jedi's of to war, and their ship get blown up. Having them there is just a ploy to get youngsters in to see the movie so that they can sell toys afterwards.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:07:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Who is the babe?
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:32:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Who is the babe?
View Quote

Natalie Portman. Same chick that played princess Amadala in Phantom Menace
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:47:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
CAPITALIST
View Quote

View Quote

As I understand it, they play the roles of young Jedi's of to war, and their ship get blown up. Having them there is just a ploy to get youngsters in to see the movie so that they can sell toys afterwards.
View Quote

Yep, they were all cameo appearances, and all were to be dead within 15 seconds after appearing on screen.  I don't know about you, but that's worth seeing the movie alone!  Unfortunately, there was such an outcry from purists that they scrapped the footage.  It'll turn up on the DVD I'm sure.  The reason for them being in the film was supposedly because his daughter is a big fan and pushed for it.  Whether that's true or not is unknown.  However, if I were famous, I'd push to get a cameo on the movie too.  I love the original trilogy.

As far as Jango and Bobba Fett are concerned, I'm really looking forwar to learning more about him.  What I don't like is Lucas' revisionist history approach to the established history of the Star Wars Universe.  He's openly said he doesn't plan to stick with everything that has been accepted through the books, RPG material, etc.  Personally, I never liked Star Trek as much as Star Wars, but Trek always made a big point of sticking relatively close to their history, with a few deviations.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who is the babe?
View Quote

View Quote

Doh... I should have guessed that.  Besides really being older, she looked different in that photo.  

Hot!
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who is the babe?
View Quote

View Quote

Doh... I should have guessed that.  Besides really being older, she looked different in that photo.  

Hot!
View Quote

She may be hot, but she toatally antigun. After the last movie came out she was on Rosie O'dipshit and said some antigun comments.
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#26]
I think IV was good and V better.  Unfortunately, VI and I were both kind of sappy and "for the children."  Hopefully the trend will not continue, or worse yet, II will be a 'Titanic' type date movie in space.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 8:49:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

She may be hot, but she toatally antigun. After the last movie came out she was on Rosie O'dipshit and said some antigun comments.
CAPITALIST
View Quote

Pity.... :(
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who is the babe?
View Quote

View Quote

Hot!
View Quote

CAPITALIST
View Quote

Damn, guess I'll have to call off the wedding.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Episodes 4, 6, and 6 were released years ago.  You ought to see them to understand the hype surrounding the release of Episode 2 next month.
View Quote

well, DUH!   [rolleyes]

I saw all of 'em at the theater the [b]FIRST[/b] time they came out.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Can hardly wait, and I'm bringing the chaingun to this show...
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

CAPITALIST
View Quote

Yeah, but she wouldn't be saying anything with my...  oh, never mind.

Link Posted: 4/15/2002 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

CAPITALIST
View Quote

HAHAHA! Typical Hollywood commie. She was also the girl in "The Professional" where Jean Reno blew away all of those SWAT guys.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:26:47 AM EDT
[#33]
"The Professional"... What a film...

See if you can get ahold of the foreign release "Leon".  With more violence and pedophilic/lolitaesque overtones.

Hypocricy thy name is Hollywood...
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#34]
QBit
"The Professional"... What a film...

See if you can get ahold of the foreign release "Leon". With more violence and pedophilic/lolitaesque overtones.

Great movie.  Portman is getting to be an old maid now, not the hottie she was in Leon/The Professional......  Seriously though, how much more violent, etc could the foreign release be?
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#35]
If it ain't better than Episode 1, I may just give up on Lucas.  I'm kinda obligated to see episodes I-III, being a huge fan of the episodes IV-VI (classics; excellent films all should see).

But I just can't get over how bad of a movie episode I was.  It scarred me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm getting jazzed about Spider-Man first, before I get worked into a lather about AOTC. Going to be a great May.
View Quote

Same here.  I can't wait to see Kirsten Dunst's nipples (check the trailers).  As for SW, they can keep that toy-selling sheeot and have the NYPD violently rape Jar-Jar with a broken broom handle for all I care.  Episode One was the worst disappointment in movie history.  I bet Lucas sold a shitload of toys (and his soul) on that one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top