Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2010 6:48:27 PM EDT
Posted this in Team a couple days ago, didn't get an answer so I figured I'd try here.

A friend has a H&R 12 gauge folder. Has U.S. Property stamped on the left side of the stock. I tried searching the net, but can not find anything on it at all.
any info out there?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
M6 Survival Rifle?    .410 over .22 LR?

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Posted this in Team a couple days ago, didn't get an answer so I figured I'd try here.

A friend has a H&R 12 gauge folder. Has U.S. Property stamped on the left side of the stock. I tried searching the net, but can not find anything on it at all.
any info out there?

could be an off the shelf commercial shotgun bought during WWII

tons of commercial shotguns were bought for use in training acft gunners how to lead a target, guarding bases, facories, etc
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have never seen a folder though
this thing actually folder in half
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#4]
This it?

http://www.auctionarms.com/closed/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=9507469.0

I have one like it.  My grandfather bought it for my aunt when she was 16.  That was 1937 and I still have the box, cleaning kit & orginal receipt from Montgomery Wards.  As I recall it sold new for about $12.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This it?

I have one like it.  My grandfather bought it for my aunt when she was 16.  That was 1937 and I still have the box, cleaning kit & orginal receipt from Montgomery Wards.  As I recall it sold new for about $12.

In Bruce Canfield's History of US combat shotguns, there is a pic from very early/ possibly pre-WWII of a National Guardsman armed with one of these. During the build-up of WWII the .mil bought a lot of different guns.

Look up the history on the Remington Model 720 rifle and Model 11 shotgun for example
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes that is It..
I'm surprised that thats all its worth.

Quoted:
This it?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top