Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2010 6:31:29 PM EDT
Adrenaline junkies, share your most memorable thrills.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:45:18 PM EDT
I'm a forester and spend most of my time in the woods, I get an adrenaline rush every time I step on a wasp/hornets nest, happens 2-3 times a day.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:46:54 PM EDT
halo
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:48:16 PM EDT
"Danger, close"
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:48:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2010 6:48:59 PM EDT by Caboose314]
My first motocross race. Sitting at the gate my hands were shaking so badly I didn't think I'd have control of the clutch. At the end of the third turn I found myself in first place headed for the biggest jump on the track (one that I had never cleared before). Rather than give up first place I twisted the throttle and went for it.

Even thinking about it now I can feel the adrenaline flowing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:57:00 PM EDT
In 7th grade some of my friends and I were wrapping a house and all of a sudden a cop car turned on his lights and let up his siren about 50 yards from us. I immediately sprinted to an 8 foot fence 20 yards away, was over the fence in about a second, and sprinted for a quarter mile before I realized I had no idea where I was going. I have never moved that fast in all my life.

I walked by that same fence about a week later and just for the hell of it I tried to climb it. I couldn’t do it.

Adrenaline is an amazing thing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:00:13 PM EDT
Almost getting into a fight.

Getting into a fight.

Draw down on a unarmed guy stealing from me. (yes I know it was wrong, but I was not about the let the fucker steal 5,000$)

Parasailing.

Hunting.

The list goes on and on.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:01:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2010 7:02:00 PM EDT by Erick123]
Originally Posted By The_4th_Horseman:
In 7th grade some of my friends and I were wrapping a house and all of a sudden a cop car turned on his lights and let up his siren about 50 yards from us. I immediately sprinted to an 8 foot fence 20 yards away, was over the fence in about a second, and sprinted for a quarter mile before I realized I had no idea where I was going. I have never moved that fast in all my life.

I walked by that same fence about a week later and just for the hell of it I tried to climb it. I couldn’t do it.

Adrenaline is an amazing thing.

LOL, ah yes...

The good old days(highschool parties).
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:03:28 PM EDT
<––––––––––––this !
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:03:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2010 7:04:46 PM EDT by DanTSX]
The time that I ate the adrenal gland of a freshly killed stallion. It was fucking wild. I just about threw the corpse into the next county and then had 400 babies. I thought my heart was going to explode. Then I moved Canada about 1.5 meters <––––that way.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:03:59 PM EDT
Riding (2001 ZX6R)

Flying (anything, but helis beat all)

For me, that's about it, usually. I don't have the money to skydive, paraglide, hang glide, race the Kawi, or anything else like that. Though foolishly running an 88ci airtank dry at 30 feet got my a little worked up once.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:04:29 PM EDT
First time going Aussie down the tower. A BMNT assault after two days without sleep, with large quantities of smoke and simulators. One or two close calls driving. Rushing my now-ex to the hospital with contractions. The time a moron used a simulator at the wrong time, at night, and the student I was leading and I almost stepped on it. Last man on the tower, hooked myself up for an Australian, started to lean out and heard the "click" that meant I had a fatal hookup, didn't help I had a female DS belaying who didn't understand that attempting to belay me was the WRONG move.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:14:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:20:11 PM EDT
When I was a kid we used to jump off of this old train trestle into the Buffalo River from track level, it was probably about 40 feet. About 1/2 way across it the upper part of the trestle started, the metal framework/support and all that. Way at the top there was a level we called "Fuck the Police" because someone climbed up there and spray painted "Fuck the Police" up there in huge letters. On a dare a friend and I climbed up there and jumped off. Must have been 100 feet. Our friends told us it looked like it took 5 seconds for us to hit the water.

A few years later they tore it down.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:30:56 PM EDT
Finding out first hand, that snake chaps do their job (thank god).

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:33:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2010 7:35:26 PM EDT by Greenhorn]
I can have an adrenaline rush any time I want. I can actually give myself a jolt. It's kind of uncomfortable, though, so I only do it if I need to stay awake while driving or something.

I haven't really done any REAL adrenaline-inducing activities. Sure, some give an adrenaline rush, but it's not like I've jumped out of a plane or fought for my life or anything.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:36:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2010 7:40:06 PM EDT by LukeDuke]
most recently... fishing and having a rattlesnake curl up next to me and get all comfy....

ever....probably some of the off-roading ive done. or some of the mischevious things ive done with water balloons....... and the subsequent chases that followed said mischevious acts.

some real close calls driving. hunting. a few other times i almost died...
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:13:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Greenhorn:
I can have an adrenaline rush any time I want. I can actually give myself a jolt. It's kind of uncomfortable, though, so I only do it if I need to stay awake while driving or something.

I haven't really done any REAL adrenaline-inducing activities. Sure, some give an adrenaline rush, but it's not like I've jumped out of a plane or fought for my life or anything.

That sounds like epilepsy
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:15:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2010 8:17:09 PM EDT by www-glock19-com]
coming over a hill WOT in 3rd gear front wheel about 2" off the ground and see a state trooper sitting there in the grass between the lanes
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:33:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DanTSX:

Originally Posted By Greenhorn:

That sounds like epilepsy

I'm pretty sure epilepsy is uncontrollable.
Top Top