Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2010 11:30:10 AM EDT
Samco Global Arms has it for $350 a case in 200 round battle packs.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#1]
It was well-regarded, if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Port's GTG
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't ever keep them straight: Berdan is no-go for reloading and Boxer is good to go correct?  This stuff is listed as non corrosive berdan primed.  Not that it would be a deal breaker for good quality 7.62 at M193 prices for me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I can't ever keep them straight: Berdan is no-go for reloading and Boxer is good to go correct?  This stuff is listed as non corrosive berdan primed.  Not that it would be a deal breaker for good quality 7.62 at M193 prices for me.

Berdan = hard to reload here

Boxer = easy to reload here

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Good stuff.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#7]

These are in the 200 round green plastic battle packs?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Good stuff, I bought my last case from AIM for like ~$140
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#9]
FNM stuff is a little better than the BF head stamp. Both (iirc) were port.

It will attract a magnet, which can be a no-go at some ranges.

The copper coating is very thick on the bullet and after all the cases I've been through, never had excessive bore wear. I'd say in today's market, 350 for a case of Port. ammo is fair. Better than fair if it is FNM, not BF.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I got an ammo crate of it from AIM years ago.

Good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Just looked at the site. Why wouldn't you go with the S&B stuff for 3 less cents/rd? I would bet that the czech stuff is even boxer primed. I've shot a ton of sellier bellot handgun ammo. I've no experience with their rifle stuff, but the handgun ammo has been very good...better than win white box crap.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Good stuff,
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Just looked at the site. Why wouldn't you go with the S&B stuff for 3 less cents/rd? I would bet that the czech stuff is even boxer primed. I've shot a ton of sellier bellot handgun ammo. I've no experience with their rifle stuff, but the handgun ammo has been very good...better than win white box crap.

No, it's berdan.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Remember what it used to sell for....

I have it and DAG for stash. I don't count my Lake City anymore.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it's berdan.

And corrosive ...

.308 WIN BALL(7.62X51MM)
Mfg. Sellier & Bellot, Czech, 1980-1983 FMJ, C/BE     Brass cases Commercially packed 20 rounds per box. 1060 rounds per wooden case.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it's berdan.

Bummer. A lot of the s&b handgun ammo (later manufacture) was boxer. Anybody have any experience with both the sb  and fnm 7.62 nato for comparrison sake?

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Ports good to go.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it's berdan.

And corrosive ...

.308 WIN BALL(7.62X51MM)

Mfg. Sellier & Bellot, Czech, 1980-1983 FMJ, C/BE Brass cases Commercially packed 20 rounds per box. 1060 rounds per wooden case.

Ohhhh, boy. I better start reading more better. Best to stick with what I know. I can certainly recomend the fnm 7.62 nato.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not this stuff. Lots of guys got it, and it was ugly. Ugly to the point it wasn't shootable. Lots of water damage. I would tread lightly on it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I've got a battle pack here that I got along with two others some 15 years back ($33-$36/200 rds).  About a year ago, I took a box with me and clocked it over a chrono from a Savage 10FP and the 20 rounds were surprisingly consistent as far as velocities go.  Right around 2900 fps from a 26" tube.  It's not match grade ammo by any means, but it was quite uniform.

I ran most of mine out of a HK-91 and FN-FAL, so I wasn't really concerned with the utmost in accuracy at that time.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not this stuff. Lots of guys got it, and it was ugly. Ugly to the point it wasn't shootable. Lots of water damage. I would tread lightly on it.

I don't see how it could be water damaged in battle packs. It does say "some corrosion". You could always tumble it, dependin on how bad it was.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I want one of the P38s listed on the site
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, that's why I asked.  With DAG being excellent ammo at a reasonable price from AIM, I wanted to know what "might be corroded" entailed.  Doesn't make sense unless the battle packs are crap.  I don't mind tumbling rounds, but "corroded" means "dangerous brass" to me.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that's why I asked.  With DAG being excellent ammo at a reasonable price from AIM, I wanted to know what "might be corroded" entailed.  Doesn't make sense unless the battle packs are crap.  I don't mind tumbling rounds, but "corroded" means "dangerous brass" to me.  

Like alot of surplus, there was some good, and some bad.

I got some fantastic battlepacks of it in perfect condition in the mid/late 90's.   I see the same stuff for sale at a local gun store now and the external cases and external packaging look like it was fished up from a bay.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#26]
'Tis good to go.  Shot a lot of that stuff with nary a hiccup.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see how it could be water damaged in battle packs. It does say "some corrosion". You could always tumble it, dependin on how bad it was.

Bugs ate through some of the samco Port battle packs trying to get to the cardboard.  The pics I saw had pinholes in the plastic.  Samco is in Florida - the humidity got to the ammo and ruined some of it.  That was about 2 years ago.  I had an order in at the time and canceled it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The 7.62 port is very accurate for ball.

Agreed.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#29]
I have Port I bought years ago that is bright and shiny. Runs great through both my FALs
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Some of the best 7.62 NATO ever brought in.  I covet the little I have left, got it for .10 a round.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Bugs ate through some of the samco Port battle packs trying to get to the cardboard.  The pics I saw had pinholes in the plastic.  Samco is in Florida - the humidity got to the ammo and ruined some of it.  That was about 2 years ago.  I had an order in at the time and canceled it.

I bought a case of 1982 FNM from Grafs awhile back (maybe Jan 2010...).  It was in sealed battle packs that looked ok on the outside.  

The boxes on the inside looked good as well

But, when you opened a box, at least five rounds would have tarnish looking damage.  I can get the rust looking stuff off with a little steel wool, but most black stain will remain.  The brass still feels to be strong and I have had zero problems shooting it in my Cetme and Ishapore 2A.  I would get more if the price is right.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top