Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2010 10:47:14 AM EDT
Having an 80's themed 40th birthday party in November, and I would like to find one of those white "painter" caps that were popular back then. (I had one back in the day...but it is long gone).
PREFERABLY...I would like to find one of the ones that had those tails on the back, like a French Foreign Legion cap.

I'm sure at least SOME of you remember the caps I am talking about.
Anybody know where I can find one?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#1]
A paint store that deals to the trade.

Maybe.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Maybe.

I don't think they actually use the type of cap I am talking about anymore... Haven't seen one in a very long time.
The used to come with sports team logos, rock band logos, stupid 80's sayings, and funky 80's color schemes.

The ones with the "Foreign Legion" tails were popular here in Florida, with the surfers, and beach crowd.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#4]

I did Google it... Didn't find the tails I refered to, though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I did Google it... Didn't find the tails I refered to, though.

Ohh... Edit to add though... There are some AWESOME rock band caps in the link you posted!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.

I don't think they actually use the type of cap I am talking about anymore... Haven't seen one in a very long time.
The used to come with sports team logos, rock band logos, stupid 80's sayings, and funky 80's color schemes.

The ones with the "Foreign Legion" tails were popular here in Florida, with the surfers, and beach crowd.

I've seen AC/DC ones at wally world recently.

Edit:  no tails, tho.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#7]
LOL I sold a lot of those back in the day, looked around and couldn't find a sample though.

Not exactly it but might work:

http://www.specialforces.com/store/catalog/product_42847_Black_Foreign_Legion_Cap.html#detailImage

Vitronic is a large cap supplier I use, they might have a sample: 800-666-7117 (it's not in their catalog)

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Here you go

And they're on sale!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#11]

I'm not looking for a Legion hat...  The painters caps I am talking about had tails in the back, like a Legion hat has.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top