Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2010 10:00:22 AM EDT
Seems like people are finally starting to see the problem here...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703791804575439732358241708.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

just a quick snip from the article, since it is pretty long...

Efforts to tame America's ballooning budget deficit could soon confront a daunting reality: Nearly half of all Americans live in a household in which someone receives government benefits, more than at any time in history.

At the same time, the fraction of American households not paying federal income taxes has also grown—to an estimated 45% in 2010, from 39% five years ago, according to the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan research organization.

I guess were not crazy after all!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#1]
and of course the real pig in the snake.

baby boomers getting social security and medicare with fewer workers supporting them, costs increasing.

bottom line it simply cant work.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

bottom line it simply cant work.  

+1 Its unsustainable
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Im simply glad that people are finally starting to realize it. I know its known around here that the system is unsustainable, but its nice that other people are finally getting the memo

but the system is very broken. There's going to be a massive influx of people in the coming years who are going to retire, and draw social security, and there aren't going to be enough workers to pay for the demand. I can't see the system lasting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top