Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2010 5:26:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2010 5:46:58 AM EDT by safe1]
I have a plow to mount on an older Chevy that came with a mount off a 98, I need to make a new subframe and wondered if anyone had some pic's. I have googled for an image without much success. The mount I have has the tubes that accept the lift frame and headlights and the A-frame of the plow it's self is pinned in brackets below. The part with the tubes will unbolt from the subframe so I should be able to use that part, I just need the subframe.

Dealing with the leaf springs up front is the biggest pain. I won't be working on this until next week, just looking for insight and suggestions. I wouldn't be opposed to buying a used one made for the truck but it is only going to be used to plow my drive and not for a business. It looks like dealing with the leaf springs up front is going to be the biggest pain.

Any tips or pic's?

Thanks,

S-1

ETA: This has the E-60 pump
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:40:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2010 5:41:13 AM EDT by Badlatitude]
My oollddd truck truck had a meyer. The frame and pump stayed on the truck and were actually mounted behind the bumper. I want to say it had a belt driven hydrolic pump that ran the plow and the dump and I think the bumper was spaced out some with the mount behind it.

I wish I had more to add but I got rid of that truck 10 years ago
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:49:02 PM EDT
anyone else?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:25:47 PM EDT
I have one on a 79
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:40:36 PM EDT
TRY A JUNK YARD. I HAVE A P;OW ON A DODGE BUT THE PUMP STAYS ON THE TRUCK ONLY THE A FRAME AND BLADE COME OFF. I DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU HAVE. IS YOURS THE KIND WITH THE ROUND PIPE TYPE FRAME? THE ONE I HAVE IS ALL ANGLE IRON.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:02:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By EMORY308:
TRY A JUNK YARD. I HAVE A P;OW ON A DODGE BUT THE PUMP STAYS ON THE TRUCK ONLY THE A FRAME AND BLADE COME OFF. I DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU HAVE. IS YOURS THE KIND WITH THE ROUND PIPE TYPE FRAME? THE ONE I HAVE IS ALL ANGLE IRON.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:04:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2010 4:04:58 PM EDT by NoStockBikes]
www.plowsite.com

It's the Arfcom of snowplows.
Top Top