Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 11:32:44 PM EDT
So now I'm left wondering. Now that I've seen the movie, I now recognize one of ARFCom's famous meme's that keep getting posted. A straight on picture of Chigurh.

What is that supposed to mean? What context is that usually posted in? I fail to recall any SPECIFIC instances and the context in which it was used... I just know it's one of "those" pictures that get posted.... without response or anything.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So now I'm left wondering. Now that I've seen the movie, I now recognize one of ARFCom's famous meme's that keep getting posted. A straight on picture of Chigurh.

What is that supposed to mean? What context is that usually posted in? I fail to recall any SPECIFIC instances and the context in which it was used... I just know it's one of "those" pictures that get posted.... without response or anything.

Give us an example, lol.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well, it sucked.  You felt the suck, what more do you need to know?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Most times I see him posted, it's usually to imply the subject of the OP is likely gonna kill you or several others or already probably has.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Most times I see him posted, it's usually to imply the subject of the OP is likely gonna kill you or several others or already probably has.

Nevermind... I remember the original poster... I think it was Sherrick's post about that box he found that he kept trying to get into (turned out to be a spoof thread).

But that movie was F***ed up! It had such a disapointing ending... I think that was the point though... You watch the whole movie thinking the whole focus on the film is on the married couple getting out of it alive... in reality it was all about showing what caused that Sheriff to become disillusioned with his line of work. He was the REAL forcus, or REAL protagonist of the film... a sort of, tragic protagonist.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Exactly. Once you realize that the movie is really just about the Sheriff realizing that this is "No Country For Old Men", everything falls into place.

Amazing book.

Great movie.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:49:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Good flick,one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:06:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:33:03 AM EDT
[#9]
See my signature.  I too thought movie was about the couple as I watched it.  The movie ended with me agreeing with Sheriff Ed Tom Bell.  I am no longer LE either.  My career ended long before movie.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:50:57 AM EDT
[#10]

I gotta neighbor who looks a lot like this guy.  He drives an older red dodge pickup with a knocking engine and gives me that blank stare everytime he drives by slowly.  I refer to him as "No country."
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:55:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Will you just hold still please.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:59:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Exactly. Once you realize that the movie is really just about the Sheriff realizing that this is "No Country For Old Men", everything falls into place.

Amazing book.

Great movie.

+1000
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:03:20 AM EDT
[#13]
'No.  Don't put it in your pocket.'
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:04:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nevermind... I remember the original poster... I think it was Sherrick's post about that box he found that he kept trying to get into (turned out to be a spoof thread).  

But that movie was F***ed up! It had such a disapointing ending... I think that was the point though... You watch the whole movie thinking the whole focus on the film is on the married couple getting out of it alive... in reality it was all about showing what caused that Sheriff to become disillusioned with his line of work. He was the REAL forcus, or REAL protagonist of the film... a sort of, tragic protagonist.

The book ending was about the same but there is far more meat in the story regarding the sheriff.  In fact after reading the book I think the movie screwed the pooch when it came to telling Sheriff Ed Tom's story specifically leaving out his WWII experiences discussed with his uncle near the end.

Still a good movie.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:28:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Wow, is this a new movie?

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:36:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not by a long shot or are you being funny?

Captive Bolt Gun for 100 Alex.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:55:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Amazing book.

Great movie.

+1000

+1001 friend-o
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I want to show my wife the scene where Chigurh treats his wounds, I just know she'd totally medical geek out about it (she's an RN).
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just poking fun at all of our "I just saw / read / whatever _______________" threads on things that are months or years old.

The Arfcommian meme is not necessarily attached to the movie or its meaning.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#20]
I need to see the movie.

The only thing i HATE about the book is McCarthy's obsession with NOT USING FUCKING PUNCTUATION!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#21]
You just now saw that movie?

There is another new movie you may want to see.

'JAWS'
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You just now saw that movie?

There is another new movie you may want to see.

'JAWS'

I hear that there's a shark in it and they try to catch it.  Don't want to spoil it.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top