Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/14/2010 6:01:42 PM EDT
http://winnipeg.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100914/gun-registry-100914/20100914/?hub=WinnipegHome
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:02:54 PM EDT
The NDP and the Liberals have proposed keeping and amending the registry to make it more palatable to rural voters, including decriminalizing first offences if they don't include other crimes, and respecting the treaty rights of First Nations people.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:33:55 PM EDT
BILLIONS spent/allocated and it has produced, as far as I'm aware, ZERO results whatsoever of its stated purpose and yet people STILL support it. Not only SUPPORT it but actually FIGHT for it.

Does ANYONE need a BETTER EXAMPLE of liberalism as a mental disorder?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:38:30 PM EDT
And the natives don't have to register their guns
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:34:02 PM EDT
The registry vote isn't for a while (the 22nd, I think). Essentially it has boiled down to lefties desperately trying to hold onto votes while attempting to justify keeping something that is not supported by the vast majority of working police officers and the general public (who realize that the several billion spent on the registry could have put a shitload of cops on the street to deal with violent crimes)
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:47:48 AM EDT
Is it true they have to exempt Native Peoples but don't want to?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:52:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CRC:
Is it true they have to exempt Native Peoples but don't want to?

I believe that everyone has to register their long guns.

With that being said, the upcoming vote will be very, very close and we still have a pretty good chance at winning.

If you need to know one thing about Canada, it's that we are chock-full of "uninvolved" people. They don't give a shit what the government does as long as the roads don't fall apart and Eastern Canadians still get there welfare payments.

It's fucking pathetic. If every single gun owner in Canada stood up and became actively involved in defeating the registry, we could have had it done by now (or it never would have been implemented in the first place). Instead, people just want to sit on their fat-asses and do nothing about it.

Top Top