Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 1:07:29 PM EDT
This guy seems quite happy about it too.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]

I don't know why, but all youtube videos have been white boxes for me today.

Could we get a direct link?

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Screen name?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It is the same for me at work due to the filters/firewall.  Are you at home or working?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that the computer mom bought him? He seems quite proud of it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That happens to me once and a while. The drivers get funked up. A reboot fixes it for me.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#6]
At 2:13, I'm shouting, "TREES?!?!?!"
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is the same for me at work due to the filters/firewall. Are you at home or working?

At home. It's been a problem for a lot of people the past few days. Youtube randomly loads poorly and a few minutes later it randomly loads fine. It's very random.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Katy Perry.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Katy Perry.

you know you downloaded it after you watched the video.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I couldn't watch it all but man, he seemed awful proud of his subwoofer!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I can just picture him yelling up the stairs:

"MOM, I need some more milk for my CoaCoa Puffs"
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#12]
what a douch lol
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can just picture him yelling up the stairs:  

"MOM, I need some more milk for my CoaCoa Puffs"

Reminds me of the movie "The Score" where the computer hacker guy keeps yelling at him mom from the basement to leave him alone lol.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I was more impressed with GSF's dirty living room.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#15]
What a goober.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#16]
His life sucks...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm 28 and I've been out of my parents house since I was 19.    My parents are a bit older than most people my age and they are begging me to move back home with them.   They say they need some help around the house.   I've thought about it, but I think it would drive me crazy to live with them again.

That guy has some issues though.   Really.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#19]
He obviously has his act together.  I bet money that guy is a total chick magnet.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd be willing to bet he has quite a few high level WOW characters.

"A winner in the game, but a loser at life"
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:10:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I feel better out myself now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#22]
why must you all make fun of me
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm 28 and I've been out of my parents house since I was 19.    My parents are a bit older than most people my age and they are begging me to move back home with them.   They say they need some help around the house.   I've thought about it, but I think it would drive me crazy to live with them again.

There really are a few different kind of "Mom's basement' dwellers.

Some of them are the classical ones we roll our eyes and scorn (rightfully so)

Still, there are others with legitimate reason.

When my MIL was aging, her single son, who was a lifelong apartment dweller moved in with her to help her in her last years. I'd call that bona fide.

We have a guy out here that's my age(58) that moved back in with his widowed mom a few years back afteer a divorce. At first, some of us were skeptical over what kind of guy would do that, but it makes sense for him when you think about it. He's never home and an unoccupied apartment is a target for thieves.

When he is home, he takes care of things, as she is an old woman  and can use the help.

hsracer, In your case it is a reasonable option to pay your parents back, but there has to be a sit down pow-wow.

It has to be made clear that you are NOT coming home as their child, but as their ADULT child and therefore no comments regarding your lifestyle are desired nor will be tolorated. It has to be made clear that YOU are coming back to help THEM and that's the way it is. They are NOT doing you a favor, YOU are doing THEM a favor.

If you mom is like mine was,, this will be a bitter pill for her to swallow because it means that your mother has to admit that you no longer need her and that she need YOU.

A situattion like this will only work if either the parents keep their mouths shut or they are willing to live with a gag stuffed in their mouths.

It really can be a healing time for you and your parents or it can widen any existing rifts.

They also have to make damned good and well that they do NOT mistake your kindness for a weakness.

BTW, if you are in a dating relationship of any sort, you probably ought to either make it clear your g/f will be coming by OR simply keep your dating life out of the house.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Way back in the day, I lived in my mom's basement too.

Saved a crap ton of money, haters.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#25]
No surprise here.  If you live long enough, you hear and see everything.

Example 1.  Guy had his train set up in the basement.  He told his mom that he wasn't moving out until he could buy a house.  It took years, but he finally did it.

Example 2.  Two brothers "married" the same woman and live with her.

Example 3.  The three children from across the street moved home to mom and dad with their respective spouses and two children each.  If you add in the usual one or two foreign exchange students, the total comes out to 16 people.  Parking is a problem and they have racked up a lot of parking tickets.

Example 4.  Late wife lived with her parents and grandparents in the same house until she was 9 years old.  So that was three generations.  Then they bought houses a block apart and would cut across the neighbors' yards to get from one house to the other.

Example 5.  The next door neighbor sleeping with his girlfriend and four dogs in the same bed.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I wish I could live in my mom's basement. That would be kick ass. She could bring me hot pockets!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Katy Perry.

you know you downloaded it after you watched the video.

The only acceptable thing from Katy Perry I will listen to:

Power Metal Version of "I Kissed A Girl"
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#28]
My mom and dad moved in with me shortly after I got out of the Army, due to some health issues they were having.  I honestly very much enjoyed having them around, and they were in no way overbearing.  However, I feel gypped because I have no basement.  I would love to have a basement.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#29]
he never had a computer desk before?

and man I bet my ex brother-in-law is the same way.

hes got all that room for nasty parties!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There really are a few different kind of "Mom's basement' dwellers.

Some of them are the classical ones we roll our eyes and scorn (rightfully so)

Still, there are others with legitimate reason.

When my MIL was aging, her single son, who was a lifelong apartment dweller moved in with her to help her in her last years. I'd call that bona fide.

We have a guy out here that's my age(58) that moved back in with his widowed mom a few years back afteer a divorce. At first, some of us were skeptical over what kind of guy would do that, but it makes sense for him when you think about it. He's never home and an unoccupied apartment is a target for thieves.

When he is home, he takes care of things, as she is an old woman  and can use the help.

hsracer, In your case it is a reasonable option to pay your parents back, but there has to be a sit down pow-wow.

It has to be made clear that you are NOT coming home as their child, but as their ADULT child and therefore no comments regarding your lifestyle are desired nor will be tolorated. It has to be made clear that YOU are coming back to help THEM and that's the way it is. They are NOT doing you a favor, YOU are doing THEM a favor.

If you mom is like mine was,, this will be a bitter pill for her to swallow because it means that your mother has to admit that you no longer need her and that she need YOU.

A situattion like this will only work if either the parents keep their mouths shut or they are willing to live with a gag stuffed in their mouths.

It really can be a healing time for you and your parents or it can widen any existing rifts.

They also have to make damned good and well that they do NOT mistake your kindness for a weakness.

BTW, if you are in a dating relationship of any sort, you probably ought to either make it clear your g/f will be coming by OR simply keep your dating life out of the house.

Well, to start with, dad is 67 and has heart problems.    Minor heart attack and a stint a couple years ago.   He's doing ok, but he can't really keep up with all the yard work and stuff anymore and generally just needs help doing most things.   He busted his butt with manual labor his entire life and even though he is only 67 his body is worn out.   He still does a garden and tries to split his own firewood and all that jazz.

I just don't want the aggravation, as petty and ungreatful as that sounds.    I've got my own little house I rent and my life is fine just the way it is.    I only live about 8 miles away from them so I just go over there and help them out as much as I can and then I get to go home at the end of the night.   They are just lonely and would love to have me living there again.   I hate telling them no, but I just don't see it working out very well.   They mean well about everything, but they can be a bit much sometimes.  

It's not even a money thing.   My rent is cheap and my utilities aren't bad, so I can't even view it as a way of really saving that much.   If I did it, it would be strictly to help them out, but I know I'd get stuck there for a while.   I've been with my GF for 4.5 years and we all get along fine.   She's part of the family so no real problems there.  That is, no problems now.   I can see the potential for problems to arise though.

I just don't see it being a very productive or helpful thing to do.   There's always the jokes about the mom doing the son's laundry and cooking him meals and stuff, and that is EXACTLY what she would do.  She'd be going down into the basement, going through my things and getting my dirty clothes even though I stressed to her that I can and will do my own clothes.   That's just the way she is, and that's why I say it wouldn't be a good thing.  She sees it being a thoughtful and nice thing to do, and I would view it as her over stepping her boundries and it would cause a scene.    

I just feel like if I continue to say no and then something happens to them that I will always regret not helping them out for a few years of my life.  They've always been great and in a sense I feel I owe it to them to help them.    But at what cost?   Give up my house now?   I've got it made renting where I do.   I've got land to shoot at will, hunt, fish, etc.   I'd be giving all that up.  But, I gotta give it up sometime to buy a house of my own.      See my problem?  

I just really don't want to be the guy who moves back in with his parents at 28.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top