Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 12:45:19 PM EDT
"It's my fault."

Did the magnetic poles suddenly shift?  Did somebody slip Sodium Pentothol into this guy's Big Mac?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38537353/ns/travel-family_travel

ORLANDO, Fla.  — One man, who weighs 300 pounds, is now using a theme park's size restrictions as motivation to lose weight.

Usually, people are tuned away from theme park rides and roller
coasters because they are too small. At the new Wizarding World of Harry
Potter, some people are too big to ride, according to Universal
Orlando.

The roller coaster, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, has size restrictions.

Universal said all the seat restraints on the ride require three
clicks from the safety bar. If the bar does not click three times for
someone, the patron is asked to get up.

Banks Lee, who was turned away from the new ride, launched his own blog, called "Three Clicks," to motivate weight loss.

"And it just blew up. People said I was positive motivation, saying I
am inspiring them. It's such a breath of fresh air that people are not
complaining or suing, because it is my fault — because I'm overweight,"
Lee said.

Lee said he is determined to get back on the ride and hear those three clicks by the end of the year.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for him!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
More power to him
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Screen name?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]

I wish him the best of luck.  I hope he meets his goal and maintains it.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Good work, fatass!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Isn't it sad?

It's news because someone is actually willing to be accountable for their own actions.

Hats off to Mr. Lee.  You're a rare bird these days.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#7]
well its good to hear something positive for a change, don't get personal responsibility much these days.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd buy him a bacon cheeseburger!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Mr. Lee?

Mr. Chum Lee?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#10]
good on him.

I hope he reaches his goal and inspires other to do the same.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#11]
God's speed Lee.  I don't do fat jokes when someone is trying to clean up their act.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
God's speed Lee.  I don't do fat jokes when someone is trying to clean up their act.

Yep, when they're trying to change it, they're not fat they're overweight. When they get on the electric cart and make a beeline for the ice cream at Walmart they instantly become fat.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, when they're trying to change it, they're not fat they're overweight. When they get on the electric cart and make a beeline for the ice cream at Walmart they instantly become fat.

Well played and very true.  

Kudos to Mr. Lee.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
More power to him

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Good for him. I don't fit into a lot of things, but that's because I'm too tall and muscular. It's a big change from when I was too tall and a giant fatass.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow. Somebody taking PERSONAL responsibility for a change....now that's unusual.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't know if anyone has looked at the blog but.....

"I got word from a comment posted on one of my previous entries that Forbidden Journey has finally added modified seating to its ride vehicles! Only a handful of vehicles have added these seats, and the modified seats are on the far right & left of the vehicle. The test seats have also been modified to display a color when trying them out. After pulling the restraint down, if you get a red light, that means you cannot ride. If you get a yellow light, that means you can fit into the modified seat. Green light means you can ride in any seat."

http://banksleethethreeclicks.blogspot.com/

Oh well  
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

"It's my fault."

Did the magnetic poles suddenly shift?  Did somebody slip Sodium Pentothol into this guy's Big Mac?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38537353/ns/travel-family_travel

ORLANDO, Fla.  — One man, who weighs 300 pounds, is now using a theme park's size restrictions as motivation to lose weight.    

Usually, people are tuned away from theme park rides and roller coasters because they are too small. At the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter, some people are too big to ride, according to Universal Orlando.

The roller coaster, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, has size restrictions.

Universal said all the seat restraints on the ride require three clicks from the safety bar. If the bar does not click three times for someone, the patron is asked to get up.

Banks Lee, who was turned away from the new ride, launched his own blog, called "Three Clicks," to motivate weight loss.

"And it just blew up. People said I was positive motivation, saying I am inspiring them. It's such a breath of fresh air that people are not complaining or suing, because it is my fault — because I'm overweight," Lee said.

Lee said he is determined to get back on the ride and hear those three clicks by the end of the year.

the highlighted part made me laugh

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I don't know if anyone has looked at the blog but.....

"I got word from a comment posted on one of my previous entries that Forbidden Journey has finally added modified seating to its ride vehicles! Only a handful of vehicles have added these seats, and the modified seats are on the far right & left of the vehicle. The test seats have also been modified to display a color when trying them out. After pulling the restraint down, if you get a red light, that means you cannot ride. If you get a yellow light, that means you can fit into the modified seat. Green light means you can ride in any seat."

http://banksleethethreeclicks.blogspot.com/

Oh well  

That's because they're afraid of a lawsuit from some fatass who blames the park for their problems.

On the other hand, it would be nice if airlines would make their seats bigger because of that same threat.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I just rode it the other day and saw people being turned away for being too big. It broke down and

that ruined he whole thing as i could see how the whole illusion was created.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I was checked...    Green light

But I have cut my portions in half and I am exercising again...  Don't ever want that to happen again.....  Edit:  Ever!!!!

Edit:  Oh and the ride was awesome, but that was the last time I could barely walk when I got off....  
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Indeed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Good for him.  I hope he meets his weight loss goal.

ETA: I cannot believe some of our photochop gurus haven't already made a carnival ride sign that says, "Your ass must be this narrow to go on this ride."
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Good for him!! So sad that personal accountability is such a rare phenomenon that it makes headlines.

What sucks is, when you have a decent amount of muscle under your layer of fat..

There were people physically bigger than me getting on rides..the bars would just squish them till they locked...I dont squish very much.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:49:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Good for him!! So sad that personal accountability is such a rare phenomenon that it makes headlines.

What sucks is, when you have a decent amount of muscle under your layer of fat..

There were people physically bigger than me getting on rides..the bars would just squish them till they locked...I dont squish very much.

That's me to a 'T'.  I have good physical strength, but a gut that makes me look 9 months pregnant.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:55:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Good for him, now get busy lard ass...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top