Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Heston's play room....so I've been told.

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt206/ramjet_02/homedefence1.jpg

No, not true.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]
He is kinda like an early Bill Shatner, but he's still awesome!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Confession time: as actors, I never liked Charlton Heston or Burt Lancaster.  As men, I have no opinion.

Jane

And people here think I'm crazy!

I still remember watching his NRA ads on the NRA site years ago.
"mr. clinton, when what you say is wrong, that is a mistake. When you KNOW it's wrong, that's a lie."

I also can't see how the real Moses could have been any different from his.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#5]
On my wedding night, wife and I stayed in a local hotel, the only one with a suite.  The first thing I noticed was a plaque saying the Charlton Heston had stayed there. 10.5 years later I'm still married and the wife doesn't complain too bad about my gun habit.  Did Chuck's aura in the honeymoon suite have something to do with it?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Heston spoke on the radio in favor of the 68 gun control act and thought Ak-47's and assault weapons should be banned . No love for a Fudd. he was Zimbo before his time. Notice you never see him with a semi always a Fudd gun.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit... I love me some Chuck Heston!

GET YOUR STINKING PAWS OFF ME YOU DAMN DIRTY APES!

Loved that movie.

You don't question Moses.
http://globalfire.tv/nj/graphs/moses.jpg

Awesomefreakin movie!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:16:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Heston spoke on the radio in favor of the 68 gun control act and thought Ak-47's and  assault weapons should be banned . No love for a Fudd. he was Zimbo before his time.  Notice you never see him with a semi always a Fudd gun.

This.

Some people here must have short memories. Heston was a pure fudd.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:20:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nope, a private collector from CT, supposedly a lawyer... the only way that could be Hestons is if the MG's were replaced with a room full of side x side shotguns, over & unders, flintlocks, & bolt actions.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:21:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No, it is not. I personally know whose Material-World Nirvana this is and he is still quite among the living. A non-disclosure agreement prevents me from saying anything else.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:26:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Confession time: as actors, I never liked Charlton Heston or Burt Lancaster. As men, I have no opinion.

Jane

He was pretty good in "The Mountain Men"
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:38:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Charles Heston was a 1990's icon of the gun rights movement which pre-dates 90% of this site's involvement with firearms.

He was president of the NRA until 2003....

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:39:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heston spoke on the radio in favor of the 68 gun control act and thought Ak-47's and assault weapons should be banned . No love for a Fudd. he was Zimbo before his time. Notice you never see him with a semi always a Fudd gun.

This.

Some people here must have short memories. Heston was a pure fudd.

No, I haven't forgot. But I think he made up for it later in his life.

We (at least most of us) have made mistakes in our lives, especially when we are young. I know that I did so I'm not willing to hate the man for a mistake he has owned up to. He did a great job with the NRA defending our rights.

Let those that have never made a mistake throw the first stone at the man. I will not.

He did say this about it:

"I was young and foolish." - Explaining his endorsement of the Gun Control Act of 1968

And things were different in 1968, but you had to have been there to really understand what was going on in this counrty at the time. Many of us did and said things then that we totally disagree with today.

Not many people ever take responsibility for their mistakes, he did.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top