Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/14/2010 10:42:42 AM EDT
who carries a Bug Out bag (BOB) / Good Bag (Get Out Of Dodge) with them all the time

I have one by the door in my home,
but ran into someone that has one with them all the time no matter where they go.
and he was far from being a tinfoil hatter

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:46:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Bat-Masterson:
who carries a Bug Out bag (BOB) / Good Bag (Get Out Of Dodge) with them all the time

I have one by the door in my home,
but ran into someone that has one with them all the time no matter where they go.
and he was far from being a tinfoil hatter

Big one at home, medium one in car, basic stuff in backpack at work.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:04:44 AM EDT
I don't carry a BOB with me at all times, but if I'm in or with my truck it contains an amazing array of survival stuff, still leftover from when I used to hunt in the middle of nowhere in AZ.

In fact, my 6x6 piece of plastic to make a solar still remains behind the seat of my truck.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:18:06 AM EDT
I recently packed a winter BOB that has everything I need for three or more days of outdoor camping; I store that in my trunk. Also in my trunk is a personal carry bag with my most essential gear and has what I need to sustain myself for a couple days or more.

Firearms, extra water, and fuel is usually kept on the homestead.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:05:14 PM EDT
One bag in the house and another smaller bag in my truck's toolbox. Just in case.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:11:56 PM EDT
We just had a BOB discussion in GD like last year... Might have even been yesterday...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:14:53 PM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:36:36 PM EDT
In my 4 Runner all the time.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:42:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2010 1:43:17 PM EDT by ED_P]
I have one in my car all the time for breakdowns/overnight work stays/walking home. I've found changes of clothes the most handy item over the years.

I have a "main" one I take on extended trips, which is more meticulously thought out.

A struggle I always have is making it as light as possible for longer treks. I think many people make them way too heavy for longer duration walks. Keeping it under 20 lbs with water is tough but doable.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:44:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gamesniper:
I don't carry a BOB with me at all times, but if I'm in or with my truck it contains an amazing array of survival stuff, still leftover from when I used to hunt in the middle of nowhere in AZ.

In fact, my 6x6 piece of plastic to make a solar still remains behind the seat of my truck.

I didn't realize that I was in fact carrying a BOB in the back of my car until mark75101 pointed it out to me. I have my daypack that I have all kinds of stuff for hunting. FirstAid kit, emergency rations, a tarp, extra clothes, some tools, hat, extra socks, canteen, 600 rounds of assorted ammo... you know, the stuff you always have in your car.

But it is not a GHB.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:05:13 PM EDT
I keep a get home bag in the truck. I don't go real far from home too often so I expect it wouldn't take more than a day or so to get home from anyplace I happen to be.
For my ventures father afield I normally have people with me that pack a pile of shit so together we should be okay.
Top Top