Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Nope.  I would categorize that as awesome.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#2]
You can't ask someone retarded if something is retarded.

It's just not polite.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Not reatrded for me based on my salary rate. I ain't gonna farm for weeks on end when I can spend 3 hours of working money grabbing what I need and then having some fun and getting on with the game.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Ah Chinese gold Pharmers
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#5]
It's no worse than paying for cable tv, tickets to a baseball game, or buying a model airplane.  It's entertainment/hobby, and you're paying for it.  Whatever floats your boat.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I learned my lesson a few years back.  Definitely not worth it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I learned my lesson a few years back.  Definitely not worth it.

got banned huh?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It's no worse than paying for cable tv, tickets to a baseball game, or buying a model airplane.  It's entertainment/hobby, and you're paying for it.  Whatever floats your boat.

Honestly, buying Gold or whatever virtual currency you want is one of those things where many people do not realize exactly where their money is going.

Its FAR different than paying the cable company.

Thats not Comcast's regional office in Maryland. Thats a typical Gold Farming operation.

Somalian Pirates may have a wonderful array of used boat parts at great prices, but fuck if I am breaking out my AMEX.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly, buying Gold or whatever virtual currency you want is one of those things where many people do not realize exactly where their money is going.
Its FAR different than paying the cable company.

Thats not Comcast's regional office in Maryland. Thats a typical Gold Farming operation.
http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/thisweek/2007/04/images/goldfarmers01.jpg

Somalian Pirates may have a wonderful array of used boat parts at great prices, but fuck if I am breaking out my AMEX.

nope it no longer looks like that.. its servers full of bots farming.. no more poop socks! thank god for that..
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#10]
You're buying entertainment plain and simple.  It's no different than paying for cable TV or going to a concert.  

If somebody enjoys the game more by having that extra virtual coin, then more power to them.  

I personally think that cheating and short cuts take away from the enjoyment of a game like WoW, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
i think selling excess gold for real world money is great..

I would agree with that.  Would you spend real money to buy the fake money, though?

It depends on what I can get with that fake money in the real world. But in general spending real money to buy virtual stuff in a virtual world does sound really retarded.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Folly of the fuckless. Yeah, its retarded. Go play outside for a while.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I used to make a damn good living selling items/money in Everquest.

To the tune of 500-1k$ per week. some weeks much more depending what I could get

As a teenager, it was pretty sweet to make that kind of bank playing a video game.

It was funny because I looked like a drug dealer. I had money and a pager...except the pager only recieved pages from computers with characters sitting at raid enemy spawn locations that would page when something spawned. I'd run home/inside, call 2 guys from my guild who were in the same business, boot up 6 or 7 raid level characters each and kill things meant for huge raids, then sell the drops on ebay/playerauctions.

As far as buying, eh. I've bought some gold in WoW because of the reasons listed above.

I can get more gold from one hour of OT than I could in 2 weeks of farming in game.

So that is why it took forever for me to get my J-Boots? heheheh Damn campers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I did it @ Z8 games for crossfire...but the cheating took over and I quit.

If they led their company differently, I wouldn't mind still playing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#15]
2 bones with buying gold.  I hate competing with bots for resources and named mobs.  Secondly, it absolutely ruins the game economoy where you almost have to buy gold in order to buy stuff from the auction house/other players.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to make a damn good living selling items/money in Everquest.

To the tune of 500-1k$ per week. some weeks much more depending what I could get

As a teenager, it was pretty sweet to make that kind of bank playing a video game.

It was funny because I looked like a drug dealer. I had money and a pager...except the pager only recieved pages from computers with characters sitting at raid enemy spawn locations that would page when something spawned. I'd run home/inside, call 2 guys from my guild who were in the same business, boot up 6 or 7 raid level characters each and kill things meant for huge raids, then sell the drops on ebay/playerauctions.

As far as buying, eh. I've bought some gold in WoW because of the reasons listed above.

I can get more gold from one hour of OT than I could in 2 weeks of farming in game.

So that is why it took forever for me to get my J-Boots? heheheh Damn campers.

Naw AC was soloable by anyone. We were doing kunark/velious dragons, sleepers tomb, avatar of war, king tormax, ntov, emp ssra, and vex thal during planes of power. Stuff like that.

Now if you were in a guild with nothing to kill, then that may have been us.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top