Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2010 7:33:23 AM EDT
Sorry for those still behind enemy lines but at least the AWB sunset freed up alot of preban gear for you guys that have to have the pre 1994 stuff.

The AWB sunset was the beginning of my black rifle disease.

I had wanted an AR for a couple of years, but couldn't bring myself to buy a nutered one.

I held out and after the sunset bought a compete lower half from R-Guns and an upper from a neighbor.

Its been downhill ever since.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#1]
So glad.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#2]
When did the Bullet Button hit the market ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Come visit NY, where the AWB (ours is a mirror of the federal one) never went away!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Come visit NY, where the AWB (ours is a mirror of the federal one) never went away!

In a strange way you guys have it worse than us in california ...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope you didn't just jinx us.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn streets are red with bloooooooood!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:53:00 AM EDT
[#7]
you know what sucks about being able to buy an AK-47/variant from the ICE CREAM truck ?

trying to get a refund when the mags you bought dont macth your weapon..

seems they never come around twice in a 14 day peroid..  then they say.. sorry we have a 14 day return policy..

they sell you something then go somewhere else for 15 days before driving with thier little music thru your hood again .  

bastards..  

on the up side when i asked for a fudge bomb.. i was "pleasantly supprised  "  

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:53:57 AM EDT
[#8]
The sunsetting of that stupid, libtard, commie law was one of the happiest days of my life.

That VERY DAY, I took one of my AR's to a gunshop and had them thread the barrel for a flash hider.

I did it so quickly that the gunsmith looked at me like ........but then he quickly realized he should look at me like.........
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That is why I said sorry for you guys behind enemy lines.

The AWB sunset should have at least made the preban stuff cheaper for you guys.  

I have seen $10 preban mags and preban rifles going for way less than during the ban years.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#10]
$25 for Sanchez AR mags.  $40ish for G3 mags. $40 to $50 for M14 mags.  

These were deals at the time.  Btw, whatever happened to One eye Jack?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:04:01 AM EDT
[#11]
That was a good time to be on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#12]
That long, wow.

I remember the celebrations at the time. People posted pics of build parties ...

I wasn't convinced it would actually be allowed to sunset.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:08:35 AM EDT
[#13]
It was a purely cosmetic law that did NOTHING to affect the lethality of weapons.

Good riddance.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#14]
That was a glorious day.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#15]
We still have the old AWB here just like NY...

The "funny" thing is, I told myself that I'd be living in a free state shortly after the ban ended... nope, still stuck behind enemy lines.

ETA: I need a lotto win.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:11:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I remember there was some confusion about the actual date.
YAY it's over, oh wait, maybe we have another 24 hours.

Everybody was worried that they were going to pass AWB2 as soon as possible. I mean, I still worry about it, but I don't think anyone is glued to CSPAN in case they suddenly decide to pass one in the middle of the night.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Everybody was worried that they were going to pass AWB2 as soon as possible. I mean, I still worry about it, but I don't think anyone is glued to CSPAN in case they suddenly decide to pass one in the middle of the night.

A Zero Second term =AWB2
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That was a glorious day.

the pics that made it to arfcom at 12:00:01  were pretty neat ..  

wolfpack?  i think had a "build party" at home with a nice looking young lady on the table  

a table full of evil ,a bottle of liquor and some eye candy ,.  

very nice
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh happy day!!!!

May the days of 50$ Glock magazines and flashhider-less ARs never return.  I thought for sure they'd reimpose it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:21:35 AM EDT
[#21]
good riddens
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Both my ARs are neutered, but the Panther shorty will undergoing a change of looks this month.

I think I'll keep the Colt the way it is. (it's a Match Target, I don't want to mess with the barrel crown and I just don't have the $$$ right now to go to a high-end gunsmith)
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:29:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Black Rifle Disease - thankfully there is no cure.....

Sold everything I owned shortly after the sunset in support of ergonomic and caliber consolidation, I had safe queens with no ammo.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#24]
I had a ban compliant Oly Arms AR15 that shot very well and a ban compliant Bulgarian SLR95.  I miss the SLR95 and should have never sold it.  I had it through the end of the BAN and converted it to a pistol grip and regular stock.  Boy that was a pretty rifle and shot very well.  I put thousands of rounds through it because ammo was so cheap.  I remember in 1998 I could buy a 20rd surplus box of ammo from the fun shop for like $2.   Our shooting trips would consist of thousands of rounds of ammo.  Mag dumps are a thing of the past.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

As we were all told they would be
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Zero Second term =AWB2

Uh - your buddy G.Bush the elder said he would have signed it had it reached his desk.  Piece of garbage
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:44:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Zero Second term =AWB2

Uh - your buddy G.Bush the elder said he would have signed it had it reached his desk.  Piece of garbage

"The elder" would be GHW Bush. You're "thinking" of GW Bush, our last President before the office temp took over.

Not to let facts get in the way, but Bush said that with the safety of knowing that the republican house and the republican senate would not put a renewal on his desk. Bush never actually lobbied for a renewal, and we can look at obama and health care for a shining example of what happens when a president lobbies for something he wants.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Zero Second term =AWB2

I know , those evil Republicans ... we deserve better Democrats don't we ...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Gun control doesn't get any politician anywhere nowadays.  I doubt we'll see another AWB anytime soon.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

All your Prebans!!!

We Want them!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#31]
I remember my VERY liberal aunt called me that day and wanted to know what my opinon was on the sunset

I told her that I was happier than hell and that I was eventually going to buy an un-neutered AK ( at the time I wasn't into ARs at all)

she was less than thrilled and couldn't understand why I NEEDED an ASSAULT RIFLE

sad thing is that her dad, my grandfather owns a gunshop where some of the top sellers are ARs and AKs
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:08:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No fucking joke.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#33]
New York compliant AR

Fixed stock, muzzle brake

California compliant AR

Top loader

OR

Forgive me for not wanting to trade places with you poor bastards in Cali.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#34]
I remember that day, I was at JRTC, maintaining accountability of my makeshift Arms Room.

Getting home and installing that collapsible stock made me sooooo happy!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#35]

for some it was a day their guns became legal.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I remember my VERY liberal aunt called me that day and wanted to know what my opinon was on the sunset

I told her that I was happier than hell and that I was eventually going to buy an un-neutered AK ( at the time I wasn't into ARs at all)

she was less than thrilled and couldn't understand why I NEEDED an ASSAULT RIFLE

sad thing is that her dad, my grandfather owns a gunshop where some of the top sellers are ARs and AKs

I had a team mate (cycling) who was convinced that the sunset meant that anyone would be able to buy FA weapons over the counter. Streets running with rivers of blood and all that.

When I did my best to explain that the ban was mostly a "cosmetic" ban, he retorted with the usual " why would anyone need one of those things."
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
New York compliant AR

Fixed stock, muzzle brake
http://www.bushmaster.com/images/catalog/xm15_large/PCWA3X_14M4IZ_l.jpg

California compliant AR

Top loader
http://www.bushmaster.com/images/catalog/c15_large/AZC-C15RM4FT_l.jpg
OR

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/SVORay/riflesfull.jpg

A loophole was discovered about 2 years ago in cali. You can now have a detachable magazine but it must be removed with a "tool". So comes along the bullet button, basically a depressed button for the mag drop, stick a .223 in there and it pops out. Yes a bullet is considered a tool
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
New York compliant AR

California compliant AR

Top loader
http://www.bushmaster.com/images/catalog/c15_large/AZC-C15RM4FT_l.jpg
OR

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/SVORay/riflesfull.jpg

Dang, my eyes will never been the same after seeing those.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And CT where ours hasn't sunset either.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:28:33 AM EDT
[#40]
I remember it quite well...

I also won some ammo in a bet with a guy on ARFChat, who thought it would be renewed....
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#41]
How'd I miss this? too close to 9/11 I guess.

The ban sucked.  I've probably bought 6 "assault weapons", another 6 hi cap semi auto pistols, and 200 magazines since the ban expired in 2004.

I learned my lesson the first time, NEVER AGAIN!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Many new members joined around before the ban sunset.  If not for that ban, I doubt Arfcom would be half of what it is today.

The AWB sunset was the biggest fear many of us had - it genuinely freaked a lot of members out.

These first 18 months of obama are similar to the intensity of those AWB days. A lot of anger and concern over what should be common sense - kind of bizarro world.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#43]
This thread needs pick of evil non ban compliant guns

I post this pic in honor of telling the libs to go fuck themselves.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:50:10 AM EDT
[#44]
There was some nice stuff available during the ban. The $250 Romanian SAR rifles were excellent buys, and easy to make "evil". Magazines for pistols were outrageous. Ammo was cheap. Go figure.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Still here in CT! fucking bastard state
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Still here in CT! fucking bastard state

No mag restrictions, though.

That part alone is worth a lot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Can you imagine what would have happened had Gore been elected instead of Bush?  Probably still be in effect today.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Gun control doesn't get any politician anywhere nowadays.  I doubt we'll see another AWB anytime soon.

My thoughts also.  I pray to god we are right.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thank God for curb and guttering.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top