Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2010 11:46:54 PM EDT
Some people got mad about the quran desecration and "protested" by burning a protestant (Christian) school, government buildings and an effigy of BHO, throwing stones at government vehicles, anti USA and anti India chants etc..
maybe over 100 injured.

Unfortunately a police man was also killed when he was run over by a truck.

found the story here, there must be more. there is video as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11280132

~found some more~ (lets see how/if they spin it)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/14/AR2010091400309.html

http://www.euronews.net/2010/09/14/violent-kashmir-protests-leave-at-least-19-dead/

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:50:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
burning...... an effigy of BHO,

lol
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:51:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Those people over there sure do get worked up over that book.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:24:44 AM EDT
[#3]
They are free to have their 7th century society, we are free to burn the damn thing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:29:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Okay, some people burned a book.  They burned a school?

Tolerance is strong with them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:41:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm a Christian.

If you burned a Bible, I'd laugh.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:46:09 AM EDT
[#6]
So I'm assuming the deaths are our fault and they're going to be even more pissed now?

Quoted:

Tolerance is strong with them.

What? That doesn't seem like the next logical step to you?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:08:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So I'm assuming the deaths are our fault and they're going to be even more pissed now?

Well yeah. We should have beheaded that Pastor to show our tolerance of the ROP.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:11:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Aren't they Hindu overthere???
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:13:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:14:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Tolerant bunch of fleabags ain't they?

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:16:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Most areas are, but there are parts of India with a majority muslim population.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:17:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The city if Kashmir is majority Muslim. That city. is highly contested with them and Pakistan.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:18:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:20:16 AM EDT
[#14]
It doesn't get much play but in india the Hindu religion is just as bad as the moslem religion when it comes to persecution of christians.  Christian churches get destroyed and christians killed over there by hindu's all the time. My dad spent a short time over there as a missionary and was threatened by the hindu's for spreading christianity.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Kashmir is a disputed area that India and Pakistan have been killing each other over for some time, the shooting deaths, although justifiable will give them more fuel.
What I find interesting is that these people get so raging and insanely angered about the book being torn or burned that they get themselves killed.

India is Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh and Jain, (these have their origin there) India is also called "Hindustan" some may use the word Hindu to mean the people of Hindustan and the people of those faiths that have origin in India (Hindustan) maybe this use is for political reason more than religious ID.
India also has a fairly large Muslim population (13%?) Christians are about 2% (?) Both of these religions are foreign to India.
India does have its Hindu hard liners and extremists, they may be more nationalist than simply religious,  seems their activity is mostly in the more poor areas, but that is another thread/subject entirely.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#16]
5 or 10 years back, I remember some Muslims in India blew up or burned a Hundu shrine of some kind.  Pissed off Hindu's stopped a train full of Muslims, and burned them all. I think it was over 200 dead after the Hindu's were finished. They don't screw around over there.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#17]
So they are saying the book burning did some good?

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll take "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" for $200, Alex.

If somebody burned a Bible, it's no skin off my back.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#19]
"What happens to a copy of a book I really believe in is more important than your life."

What a tragedy. Good folks too I'm sure.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#20]
18 dead sounds like a good start.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#21]
One Billion minus 18. It's a start.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Good shoot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The Koran burning that didn't happen?  Interesting..

My thoughts also.

Well anytime those fuckers want to go round 2, my gear is ready to go.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#24]
It doesn't get much play but in india the Hindu religion is just as bad as the moslem religion when it comes to persecution of christians....

I confirm this...

The BIG difference is that Hindu persecution is pretty much confined to India, wheras, Islamic Jehad is world wide...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Now Pakistan is trying to use the incident against India.
Never mind that the people got shot during a riot, burning a school and other buildings etc..

"Pakistan condemns violence in held Kashmir"

"In a statement issued by the foreign office in Islamabad Qureshi criticised use of blatant violence by Indian security forces in occupied Kashmir."

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/Regional/Islamabad/14-Sep-2010/Pakistan-condemns-violence-in-held-Kashmir
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#26]

"That's why I was so sad when I read about the Buddhas of Bamiyan, 2,000-year-old Buddhist masterpieces in the center of Afghanistan including the world's tallest standing Buddha measuring 50 meters (165 feet). They were blown up in 2001 by the Afghanistan's Taliban. I just today heard about them. They were destroyed a few years ago. Apparently, appeals for their preservation came from Germany, Thailand, Japan, Sri Lanka, United States, France, Iran, Pakistan, Russia, India and the old UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, but I never heard about it when it was happening. Weren't they amazing looking?  The Taliban regime decided to blow up the statues with dynamite because they were deemed "offensive to Islam" but really, they have nothing to do with being offensive to Islam; they were simply Pre-Islamic art that belonged to the Afghan people and to the entire world.

Here is a quote about the destruction of the Buddha statues that I got from CNN:
"Muslim countries like Egypt, which has preserved its ancient pre-Islamic monuments as a point of pride, condemned the edict from Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar that led to the statues' destruction. "They should understand that destroying those statues is not going to serve anything," said Zahi Hawas, who oversees the plateau holding the great pyramids outside Cairo. "They are not helping them but are making bad publicity about Islam –– and Islam has nothing to do with what is happening in Afghanistan."

So now the ancient Buddhas in the Bamiyan province of Afghanistan are gone forever. It's especially sad because they had nothing to do with the war or the Taliban regime. I always get sad when I travel to a place that has been recently rebuilt after being ruined by war because the ruined areas contrast to much with the untouched areas of the country. Going to Hiroshima after seeing Kyoto was incredible –– Hiroshima is so newly built and seems almost strangely clinical compared to Kyoto and its old castles and gorgeous temples and shrines. Afghanistan is such a rich country in so many ways. I'm sad that the Bamiyan Buddhas were detroyed and I'm sad that it's still being occupied. What can we do, though..."

TRG
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#27]

India deploys more police to Kashmir after protests

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE68D0LY20100914
And it looks like at least one got popped in Afghanistan as well

there is video, read the translated subtitles.

"we are waiting for this administration to remove all these anti-Islam and anti-Muslim cultures from its community"

"Allah will burn America if the holy quran is burnt"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/sep/10/quran-burning-nato-troops-shoot

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Very Cosmopolitan.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I suggest we burn the books over there, while they're holding 'em
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hdMWb_HMuzo/Ro5or3cRohI/AAAAAAAAAcw/SNHCD2K2Ouw/s320/bamiyan.jpg

"That's why I was so sad when I read about the Buddhas of Bamiyan, 2,000-year-old Buddhist masterpieces in the center of Afghanistan including the world's tallest standing Buddha measuring 50 meters (165 feet). They were blown up in 2001 by the Afghanistan's Taliban. I just today heard about them. They were destroyed a few years ago. Apparently, appeals for their preservation came from Germany, Thailand, Japan, Sri Lanka, United States, France, Iran, Pakistan, Russia, India and the old UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, but I never heard about it when it was happening. Weren't they amazing looking?  The Taliban regime decided to blow up the statues with dynamite because they were deemed "offensive to Islam" but really, they have nothing to do with being offensive to Islam; they were simply Pre-Islamic art that belonged to the Afghan people and to the entire world.

Here is a quote about the destruction of the Buddha statues that I got from CNN:
"Muslim countries like Egypt, which has preserved its ancient pre-Islamic monuments as a point of pride, condemned the edict from Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar that led to the statues' destruction. "They should understand that destroying those statues is not going to serve anything," said Zahi Hawas, who oversees the plateau holding the great pyramids outside Cairo. "They are not helping them but are making bad publicity about Islam –– and Islam has nothing to do with what is happening in Afghanistan."

So now the ancient Buddhas in the Bamiyan province of Afghanistan are gone forever. It's especially sad because they had nothing to do with the war or the Taliban regime. I always get sad when I travel to a place that has been recently rebuilt after being ruined by war because the ruined areas contrast to much with the untouched areas of the country. Going to Hiroshima after seeing Kyoto was incredible –– Hiroshima is so newly built and seems almost strangely clinical compared to Kyoto and its old castles and gorgeous temples and shrines. Afghanistan is such a rich country in so many ways. I'm sad that the Bamiyan Buddhas were detroyed and I'm sad that it's still being occupied. What can we do, though..."

TRG

that shit was big news when it happened.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#33]
the Hindu have been taking care of Muslim insurgents for 1000 years..with extreme prejudice

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hdMWb_HMuzo/Ro5or3cRohI/AAAAAAAAAcw/SNHCD2K2Ouw/s320/bamiyan.jpg

TRG

that shit was big news when it happened.

You can re-print a Koran.  Hard to say the same about 2000 year old statues.

Didn't see the Buddhists out rioting.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

the Hindu have been taking care of Muslim insurgents for 1000 years..with extreme prejudice

It is the other way around. (well, not the insurgent part bu the taking care of )
The Muslims conquest of India has been called the bloodiest in history.(not sure how accurate, but it seems it was extreme)

Hindu Kush means Hindu Slaughter.
"The Bahmani sultans (1347-1480) in central India made it a rule to kill
100,000 captives in a single day, and many more on other occasions. The
conquest of the Vijayanagar empire in 1564 left the capital plus large
areas of Karnataka depopulated. And so on."
some interesting reads on the subject.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#36]
So, the more we burn the more Muslims kill themselves.   I don't see a problem.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Guess they showed us.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Honestly, 3 days after 9/11... and I'm supposed to care?

Frankly, I think this thread needs more Kilgore...

(Honestly, I try to be open minded. Really, I do. I thought burning Korans was a pretty dumb thing to do.

However, these clowns are really getting on my last nerve.)

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a Christian.

If you burned a Bible, I'd laugh.

Whoa There buddy. I have a bible given to me by my grandmother when I was 5. Burn THAT one and I'll be pissed. Regular old Barns and noble. Meh I could give a shit
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So they are saying the book burning did some good?

I had a suspicion that this would happen. Drive your enemy to madness then they are easier to identify and deal with.
This Koran burning is a useful tool.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#41]
I wonder how many would have got themselves killed if the planned and very publicized quran burning did not get canceled.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Well, I'm all broken up about that.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Sounds like they are just as clueless as the average American about what's going on.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So, the more we burn the more Muslims kill themselves.   I don't see a problem.

This..     Where can we send the videos
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The city if Kashmir is majority Muslim. That city. is highly contested with them and Pakistan.

A muslim city? I wouldn't want it either...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Good shoot, need to shoot some more.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Good for India.  Pray for them.  Those Hindu's and Buhddists are against the pointed end of the islamofascist sword.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#49]
This thread needs more dead protesters. Was that all the ammo they had or something?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
One Billion minus 18. It's a start.

Big +1
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top