Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Walmart is very convenient and a great example of capitalism.

I LOVE Walmart.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A tip for shopping at Wal-Mart....  never EVER grab a cart or a basket!  By doing this, you'll manage to keep yourself from buying useless, impulse shit.  Only buy what you can carry in two arms...  

At least that's my method

How do you expect to draw when your arms are full?

Simple.

Drop.  Blade.  Draw.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

WM is where the wife and I do the bulk of our shopping.

The walmart hate is one of the reason I think a bunch of arfcom folks would be very uncomfortable around me.

Only about 1/3 of arfcom.  That's not so bad.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The walmart hate is one of the reason I think a bunch of arfcom folks would be very uncomfortable around me.

Only about 1/3 of arfcom.  That's not so bad.

true  
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never set foot in one.

Thanks to people like you, my Walmart shopping is less crowded, and less smug in the air.

It's downright pleasant buying ammo & shit.

ZING!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I don't have a problem with WalMart at all, and I don't really understand the people that hate the store/company.

There are two major reasons.
They hate capitalism and corporations.

They are insecure and need to put Walmart customers down so they can feel they are in a higher 'caste' than they really are.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#7]

you can get alot of shit there cheap...you can also get high from crack cocaine..
That doesnt mean its a good thing...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I like WalMart.  I hate the people in WalMart.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I love Wal-Mart. And their stock.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wal mart kicks ass.... Target not so much...

Target has its place.
They sell a little bit nicer stuff there.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Walmart is the best at what it does.  And it does business.  It is a capital empire that has grown in a capitalist country.  Sam Walton epitomizes the American dream.  

Like an above poster said, there's a lot of things to dislike about Wally World.  And I try to support local businesses who have a hard time competing, but I end up in Walmart on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't have a problem with WalMart at all, and I don't really understand the people that hate the store/company.

There are two major reasons.

They hate capitalism and corporations.

They are insecure and need to put Walmart customers down so they can feel they are in a higher 'caste' than they really are.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:07:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn this thread... went and bought Halo Reach... $20 gift card was too good to pass up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

arfcommies hate WAL*MART ...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I hate the place and avoid it at all costs.
Feels like I'm at the county fair every time I go.
I'd rather just shop somewhere else and spend $.39 more
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Walmart is very convenient and a great example of capitalism.

I LOVE Walmart.

Walmart supported Obunghole's healthcare reform.  What a shining example of capitalism that was...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I like walmart. I lived in upstate NY in a pretty rural area when I went to college. If I needed something and didn't want to drive 30 minutes to a mall/shopping center I got it at the town's walmart. It also has the cheapest 9mm ammo I can find.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:12:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I hate the place and avoid it at all costs.

Feels like I'm at the county fair every time I go.

I'd rather just shop somewhere else and spend $.39 more

.39 x how ever many items you buy in a year = ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:25:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I hate wal-mart............

I was always ranting how everything in there is made in fucking China............then I had an epiphany and looked at everything I own......all my TV's, Blue rays, console systems, cd players Ipods, appliances, about 80 percent of the shit I own is made in china........how the fuck did that happen??? well, most of my shit is pretty good shit, so I still shop at Wal-mart.  

but, most of my Firearms are American or German.

go figure

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:10:55 AM EDT
[#20]
DESPISE THEM!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:44:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Quoted:

We've got a Sam's Club membership. I can't believe how much cheaper things are there when you buy them in bulk.

... of course a typical shopping trip we end up spending three times more than we normally would, but we get four times the quantity.

Do you end up using all of the large quantity of items you buy?

Of course...   it just takes longer.    Toothpaste, deodorant, toilet paper, cereal, paper towels, etc.

The only thing that might take awhile is the 10lb bottle of honey (smallest I could find) but that never goes bad anyway

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:51:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We've got a Sam's Club membership. I can't believe how much cheaper things are there when you buy them in bulk.

... of course a typical shopping trip we end up spending three times more than we normally would, but we get four times the quantity.

In my case yes.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:56:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Woooo Hoooooo, Wilkes Barre Township made it last on the list,  we can only go up!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:46:35 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course... it just takes longer. Toothpaste, deodorant, toilet paper, cereal, paper towels, etc.

The only thing that might take awhile is the 10lb bottle of honey (smallest I could find) but that never goes bad anyway

That's what I was implying.  Do you use all the perishable products.    Stuff like toothpaste, cereal, and toilet paper will last forever but meats and fruits won't!

I can't buy perishable products in bulk because I only feed myself.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#25]
I only go to Wall-Mart during the daylight hours in my 'burg. I got into a "shopping cart rage" with this ding-bat at 10pm.

Sometimes I like the local Target because it is a lot less crowded than the Wall-Mart.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#26]
If Target carried ammo then I'd shop there but they don't so Wal-Mart it is.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If Target carried ammo then I'd shop there but they don't so Wal-Mart it is.

The name "target" is quite misleading.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm probably in WM two, three times a week.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top