Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 7:51:14 PM EDT
How good are the MOE handguards for mounting lights and VFGs such as the MOE VFG?

I really do not want a rail system, just looking at alternatives.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I own one and it appears to be perfect for that use.  Very sturdy, and I would call them an outstanding value for the price.  Obviously, something like a forward mounted aimpoint or PEQ would have a slight zero shift in use, but for a flashlight or VFG you're good to go.

whereabouts are you in OR?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I own one and it appears to be perfect for that use.  Very sturdy, and I would call them an outstanding value for the price.  Obviously, something like a forward mounted aimpoint or PEQ would have a slight zero shift in use, but for a flashlight or VFG you're good to go.

I am only planning on using the system only for a lightweight VFG and a very small surefire light.

Nothing too crazy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#3]
easly done....look through the picture thread in the correct sub forums
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

this

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

West side of the state.

Coastal, around TIllamook.

HAving said that, I am going to be deploying here very shortly. I am on orders and go onto Title 10 in a week.

My wife wants to know what I want as a gift when I return and I want a light weight AR15 that still has the abillity to mount a light and VFG.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Yep, mine is doing just fine with a TangoDown stubby.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a light and VFG on mine. The handguard is pretty solid, I wouldn't mount a laser or optic to it, but it work great for stuff that won't lose a zero.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]
That reminds me I need to check Midway for my backordered mid-length MOE handgurads. Last I checked they should be shipping in SEP.

J
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Google "Mount N Slot".

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I was in the same boat, didnt want a rail system and went with the MOE hand guard.  Mounted a surefire on a vltor mount with a 2" section of rail.  Works perfect for me.  The MOE handguard is much slimmer in the way it feels compared to the conventional hand guards, and I like the slimmer somwhat boxy feel to the hand guards as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

West side of the state.

Coastal, around TIllamook.

HAving said that, I am going to be deploying here very shortly. I am on orders and go onto Title 10 in a week.

My wife wants to know what I want as a gift when I return and I want a light weight AR15 that still has the abillity to mount a light and VFG.

well, DSGArms.com has a heck of a discount for .mil/LEO.  That's where I bought my Daniel Defense m4, along with the appropriate accessories to include the MOE handguards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top