Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/13/2010 7:51:14 PM EDT
How good are the MOE handguards for mounting lights and VFGs such as the MOE VFG?

I really do not want a rail system, just looking at alternatives.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:54:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2010 7:55:56 PM EDT by lokt]
I own one and it appears to be perfect for that use. Very sturdy, and I would call them an outstanding value for the price. Obviously, something like a forward mounted aimpoint or PEQ would have a slight zero shift in use, but for a flashlight or VFG you're good to go.

whereabouts are you in OR?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:56:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lokt:
I own one and it appears to be perfect for that use. Very sturdy, and I would call them an outstanding value for the price. Obviously, something like a forward mounted aimpoint or PEQ would have a slight zero shift in use, but for a flashlight or VFG you're good to go.

I am only planning on using the system only for a lightweight VFG and a very small surefire light.

Nothing too crazy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:57:21 PM EDT
easly done....look through the picture thread in the correct sub forums
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:57:51 PM EDT

this

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:04:23 PM EDT

West side of the state.

Coastal, around TIllamook.

HAving said that, I am going to be deploying here very shortly. I am on orders and go onto Title 10 in a week.

My wife wants to know what I want as a gift when I return and I want a light weight AR15 that still has the abillity to mount a light and VFG.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:05:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mark75101:

this

Yep, mine is doing just fine with a TangoDown stubby.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:06:46 PM EDT
I have a light and VFG on mine. The handguard is pretty solid, I wouldn't mount a laser or optic to it, but it work great for stuff that won't lose a zero.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:08:39 PM EDT
That reminds me I need to check Midway for my backordered mid-length MOE handgurads. Last I checked they should be shipping in SEP.

J
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:10:17 PM EDT
Google "Mount N Slot".

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:16:13 PM EDT
I was in the same boat, didnt want a rail system and went with the MOE hand guard. Mounted a surefire on a vltor mount with a 2" section of rail. Works perfect for me. The MOE handguard is much slimmer in the way it feels compared to the conventional hand guards, and I like the slimmer somwhat boxy feel to the hand guards as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:24:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By callahan318:

West side of the state.

Coastal, around TIllamook.

HAving said that, I am going to be deploying here very shortly. I am on orders and go onto Title 10 in a week.

My wife wants to know what I want as a gift when I return and I want a light weight AR15 that still has the abillity to mount a light and VFG.

well, DSGArms.com has a heck of a discount for .mil/LEO. That's where I bought my Daniel Defense m4, along with the appropriate accessories to include the MOE handguards.
Top Top