Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 5:46:05 PM EDT
Last year this was such a big deal I'm surprised no one is going nuts about it this year.  Maybe that's because it's being kept on the QT.  Anyway, Obama will be addressing America's school children again tomorrow at one.

This is the message I got from my principal about it today:

"At 1:00PM tomorrow the President will be addressing the students of the nation.  Every child should be watching, and we’ll handle the complaints later.  No notes are going home."
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:53:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You have got to be kidding. "Deal with it later". Typical.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Dear. Students. If. You. Want. To. Live.

You. Must. Make. Your. Parents. Vote. For. Democrats. This. November.

Remember. I. Will. Be. Watching. You.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#3]
fuck obama........ and you need to accidentally spill a 50lb bag of salt in your principal's front yard
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Got an automated phone call from the school district today telling us of the video. The message said just to bring a note with our child if we didnt want them watching it, lol. I asked the kids if they are ok watching it and they both said FBO. Good kids I got.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#5]
yay private school
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Got an automated phone call from the school district today telling us of the video. The message said just to bring a note with our child if we didnt want them watching it, lol. I asked the kids if they are ok watching it and they both said FBO. Good kids I got.

Are you paraphrasing?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#7]
My Principal said that we have to send home a note to our student's parents if we are planning to show it in class tomorrow.

....we won't be watching it in my class room.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#8]
My twin 6 year olds get it. Obama is the bad guy, and they can back it up with a cascading framework of fact.
My son wishes superman would take him to the moon and leave him there. My daughter thinks he should be impeached.

They understand theft, and how he is stealing Americas future. Now let some idiotic first grade teacher expose herself to my wrath.
I will destroy her life. You don't BS my kids, our family has highly refined bullshit detectors. ( With appologies to Carl Sagan) also my son is a scout and understands the insult delivered by The turd in chief to the scouts on the 100th anniversary of American scouting.

My kids (1st grade) will always be one step ahead of the propaganda.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Grand daughter gets out of school at 12:05 tomorrow because of a teacher in service. We live in a very conservative town.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#10]

First I've heard about it.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#11]
They sent notes home last week here that had to be signed and sent back IF you wish to allow your kids to watch it.  Last year they just linked it on the District website and didn't even bother with allowing it class.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Ask my son about it. and he said "NOPE they wont let us watch trash"

Viva West Texas.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#13]
“Children, if your parents vote for anyone other than democrats that means they hate gay people, people with different skin color than them, and cuddly animals.”
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#14]
We homeschool, and we don't let the village idiots talk to our kids.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My twin 6 year olds get it. Obama is the bad guy, and they can back it up with a cascading framework of fact.
My son wishes superman would take him to the moon and leave him there. My daughter thinks he should be impeached.

They understand theft, and how he is stealing Americas future. Now let some idiotic first grade teacher expose herself to my wrath.
I will destroy her life. You don't BS my kids, our family has highly refined bullshit detectors. ( With appologies to Carl Sagan) also my son is a scout and understands the insult delivered by The turd in chief to the scouts on the 100th anniversary of American scouting.

My kids (1st grade) will always be one step ahead of the propaganda.

You're a good man.

CMOS

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#16]
in·doc·tri·nate vt \in-ˈdäk-trə-ˌnāt
in·doc·tri·nat·edin·doc·tri·nat·ing
Definition of INDOCTRINATE
1: to instruct especially in fundamentals or rudiments : teach
2: to imbue with a usually partisan or sectarian opinion, point of view, or principle
— in·doc·tri·na·tion\(ˌ)in-ˌdäk-trə-ˈnā-shən\ noun
— in·doc·tri·na·tor\in-ˈdäk-trə-ˌnā-tər\ noun
Examples of INDOCTRINATE
The goal should be to teach politics, rather than to indoctrinate students in a narrow set of political beliefs.
<indoctrinated children in proper safety procedures>
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:19:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Sent the note back to the Plano, TX ISD that my daughter is to do her homework or something else productive rather than to watch that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:44:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Not mine.

Every time mine sees Obama on TV she says "Booo!!! You stink!!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top