Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 4:12:34 PM EDT
Just had eight interviews following my college's career fair this past week. Looking to send out some thank you letters now to the companies I hope I hear back from.  

Question is though, should I send them an email or should I send a card?   Email allows it to get to them instantly and it won't get lost in the shuffle.  Cards are nice in that it shows I took the time to write it out personally.  

So...for those that conduct interviews, are emails okay/preferred? Or are cards still tops?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I always send a stripper.  I've gotten every job I've ever applied for.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Card.  No comparison.  It shows sincerity and a real interest.

ETA:  A stripper can't hurt either.

I'll be holding interviews over the phone, I still expect the strippers to be in person.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent personalized emails to the 3 men that interviewed me for my current job.  It worked out in my favor.  This is a good way to go if who interviewed you carries a smart phone around all the time, however would not be my preferred method if they did not.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
how the fuck did you get an interview

sheesh
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

how the fuck did you get an interview

sheesh

In real life, I'm actually quite smart.  The translation to interweb sometimes gets skewed...slightly.

All I have is standard sized thank you cards...which makes it short...an email I could actually write out something a little longer. Card they have to deal with my handwriting...which isn't bad but still.  I dunno...still on the fence.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#6]
email now

card in a couple days to remind them about you :)
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I sent a thank you card to my last interviewers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Think they will remember you?

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#9]
You hear both.  A lot of busy upper level executives would prefer an email.  It's quick and when you do it right away it can help them remember you.  A lot can go wrong with a card getting to the right desk.

ETA My old man is an executive type, and he always recommended email to me and has worked for my first couple jobs.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Think they will remember you?  

That is funny right there.  I don't care who you are.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Get both.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I've honestly never heard of anyone sending a "card" after an interview.  "Thank You" email...yes.  "Thank You" letter...yes.  "Thank You" card?  Never.  Learn something every day.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Welp, got it taken care of.

5 (people) companies got personalized thank you cards.  

The others I only had email addresses so they got thank you emails.  

So...went with both.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top