Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 1:25:47 PM EDT
I stopped at Wal-Mart last night to grab some more coffee energy drinks, then went to the express check-out lane.  The woman in front of me was having some sort of issue with the cashier.

Turns out one of the adhesive price stickers that Wal-Mart places on the shelves under a product had become affixed to the shopping basket at some point.  The girl running the checkstand was trying to scan it (it was a bit dirty and wrinkled, having obviously been there a while), thinking the Wal-Mart shopping basket was for sale.  The customer was having difficulty convincing her that the basket belonged to Wal-Mart, and that she did not in fact want to purchase it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice to know people like that breed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]
It's Wal Mart.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]
...Aaaaand they vote and and breed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]
You just can't fix stupid.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I had someone come into where I work, pick up a can of Krylon Camo spray paint, and ask how it comes out of the can in that pattern.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Our closest WM has shopping carts for sale. They're in the same aisle as the galvanized welding rod.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Our closest WM has shopping carts for sale. They're in the same aisle as the galvanized welding rod.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Some days I feel like I'm on Mars but then I just remember the I.Q. distribution curve and where I reside along it.
It doesn't fix anything but it explains a lot and makes me feel a little bit better.

A great many of the people you meet and interact with in the course of your day are in fact quantifiable as "functionally retarded".
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I watched a 20 something girl fill her Exploder at the gas station with a cig in one hand and the nozzle in the other. Just by the way she acted it seemed like she did it all the time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I stopped at Wal-Mart last night to grab some more coffee energy drinks, then went to the express check-out lane.  The woman in front of me was having some sort of issue with the cashier.

Turns out one of the adhesive price stickers that Wal-Mart places on the shelves under a product had become affixed to the shopping basket at some point.  The girl running the checkstand was trying to scan it (it was a bit dirty and wrinkled, having obviously been there a while), thinking the Wal-Mart shopping basket was for sale.  The customer was having difficulty convincing her that the basket belonged to Wal-Mart, and that she did not in fact want to purchase it.

I believe you!  I stopped at a Walmart in Columbia, South Carolina about 5 years ago and was buying a few items for a road trip.  I had maybe 10 items and put the little plastic spacer bar behind my order as there was a lady starting to unload her groceries behind me.  So the little checkout girl scanned my items then tried to scan the plastic bar!   She then tells, me "Sir your item has no bar code."  I then tell her it is not something I am purchasing and that it is used to separate shoppers orders.  She looks at me like I am an idiot and proceeds to call her a csm to come tell me I am wrong!  I then try and tell her to look at the rest of the registers and see that they are there as well.  

She then calls for a csm again and when she arrives, tells her I am being rude to her and trying to tell her how to do her job!  When the csm asks me what the problem is, I explain to her what is happening and she apologizes and rings me up and asks if I would like to speak with a manager.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe you!  I stopped at a Walmart in Columbia, South Carolina about 5 years ago and was buying a few items for a road trip.  I had maybe 10 items and put the little plastic spacer bar behind my order as there was a lady starting to unload her groceries behind me.  So the little checkout girl scanned my items then tried to scan the plastic bar!   She then tells, me "Sir your item has no bar code."  I then tell her it is not something I am purchasing and that it is used to separate shoppers orders.  She looks at me like I am an idiot and proceeds to call her a csm to come tell me I am wrong!  I then try and tell her to look at the rest of the registers and see that they are there as well.  

She then calls for a csm again and when she arrives, tells her I am being rude to her and trying to tell her how to do her job!  When the csm asks me what the problem is, I explain to her what is happening and she apologizes and rings me up and asks if I would like to speak with a manager.  

morans r every where
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

morans r every where

Truth.  Why would I want to talk to the genius that hired this person?

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Some days I feel like I'm on Mars but then I just remember the I.Q. distribution curve and where I reside along it.

It doesn't fix anything but it explains a lot and makes me feel a little bit better.

A great many of the people you meet and interact with in the course of your day are in fact quantifiable as "functionally retarded".

I estimate about 15% of people to be functional Timmys, and maybe 10% Captain Pikes.

It's really scary to see a Captain Pike driving on the freeway.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#16]
So how much was the shopping cart going to be?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#17]
80% Rule in action.

All day, every day.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I had a good one at Sam's Club last week. Guy in front of me at the receipt checker keeps looking at me (I'm wearing my .mil uniform, buying stuff for the coffee mess).  We get outside and he's waiting for his companion to retrieve the car and come load up at the curb. I stand by him waiting on a truck to pass by so I can walk into the parking lot. Guy is way overweight, between 60-70 yo, wearing a black leather vest over white t-shirt, covered in old tats. Smells like cats.

Anyway here goes the exchange:

Him: "You know what you should be doing to all those evil MFer's out there? Should be putting one right in their heads, game over or blowing their asses up!"

Me: "Yes sir"

Him: "I don't put up with any MFer's around here, especially all the (N-words) and white trash around my house, got something for them right here" (Pulls up his vest and shirt to show me a revolver tucked halfway into his jean pocket)

Me:  "Damn" (glance around real quick to see if anyone else noticed) "Have a nice day, sir"

Just never know what you'll see or hear out there.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I stopped at Wal-Mart last night .................................she did not in fact want to purchase it.

<––––––––

Whats her screen name?

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A great many of the people you meet and interact with in the course of your day here are in fact quantifiable as "functionally retarded".

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

EDIT:  now I get it.

hahaha
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I estimate about 15% of people to be functional Timmys, and maybe 10% Captain Pikes.

http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media/images/200303/tos-016-the-badly-injured-pike/320x240.jpg

It's really scary to see a Captain Pike driving on the freeway.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I had someone come into where I work, pick up a can of Krylon Camo spray paint, and ask how it comes out of the can in that pattern.  
This just happened at my job...guy brought it into work and asked us why it wouldn't come out of the can that way....he was serious. We had all hoped he was kidding, kind of embarrassing for everybody.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#24]
At least she had a job.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Thats nothing, I had someone steal my credit card info and then use it to buy their own credit reports...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top