Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
One reason I always bought my dress shirts at Joe Banks is they have larger sizes. It's not like I'm huge, but buying a good quality dress shirt in 18x36 is tough. Joe Banks always has them in stock and that's worth the trip over there to me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the wizard of ahhhs on ebay.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#3]
They have a store in the mall about 20 miles from me

Never went in cause it looks like a place that charges more than I want to pay for clothes.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of their executive collection suits and there is nothing wrong with it. Not much to brag about but I feel like it is a good suit. I wouldn't get married in it or meet the president (well, not most presidents at least) in it but there is nothing wrong with it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Jos Banks suits are the Honda Civic of suits.

Their dress shirts on the other hand are utter crap and should be labeled as "Single use only/disposable".

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a suit, bunch of shirts and a sport coat from them and am totally satisfied for the price, particularly with the shirts, which are much better than department store shirts that I used to wear.  fwiw i'm a lawyer and never felt like I was wearing something cheap compared to everyone else.  I do not practice in downtown manhattan however.  assuming you wait for one of their ridiculous sales, which will not be a long wait, you can get really good deals and the quality is perfectly adequate for a normal person.  never bothered to look but I think it's safe to assume the stuff is made in some asian country, but let's face it, how many people really demand, need or actually buy fine tailored suits from london?

edit:  btw they have 2 or 3 different levels of quality for everything so keep that in mind - stick to the high level
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait until they have the "Buy One get TWO FREE!" sale.

If you're not fat, et the Traveler "Tailored" suit.

Well worth it.

Brooks Brothers is good too, when they have sales.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Go to the nearest moderately sized city nearby and find a privately owned suit store. They will fit you down to your leg hairs and get you a great suit. It wont be cheap, but it won't look cheap either.

I had a good experience at a place like that.  I shopped around like crazy and found that, actually, they were the cheapest.  It was an even better deal if you bought 2 suits.  They made Men's Wearhouse look expensive, and didn't even charge to hem the pants (Men's Wearhouse charges for all alterations).

I also re-confirmed that "big and tall" store mostly means "big and fat."  Dear sweet lord, I had NO idea you could even get a pair of pants with a 60" waist.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#9]
The most important thing is that it fits well.

Find a good tailor and have him do it right.

Again, if you are not fat, you have to get a "tailored" fit suit, or buy separates.
Otherwise, your 42 Regular Jacket will come with 36"-38" Trousers.
Tailoring those to fit will look like crap.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Check out the wizard of ahhhs on ebay.....

Yes, do this.  His "Baroni" line is head and shoulders above anything else at the same price point.  The cuts are a little boxy, but the construction is solid (for the price; the canvassing is minimal), and the wool is GREAT.  You can get a suit that ladies will love to touch, with an extra pair of pants, for about $350.

These aren't lifetime suits, but for what you're paying, they look incredible.  It's a great suit if you don't wear a suit everyday.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top