Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 9:34:13 AM EDT
I've been given a blank check for a set of boots for my birthday. I have a good set of insulated walking/hiking 1200gr boots. I want a good set of lightly insulated boots for spring hunts or Muli hunting in New Mexico which tore up my last set. Give me your recommendation. Right now I'm looking at Danner's, but I thought someone I went hunting with suggested a pricey brand that started with an M. Ring a bell with anyone?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Danners are your best bet IMO.

The only M brand I know of are Merrells. They are good but I don't think they make an above the ankle boot with light insulation. They are more of a hiking boot company.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#2]
meindl from cabelas.  Nice light wieght and easy to break in.  Been wearing them everyday for 9 months now and they are super comfy

Link Here

Buy today and tomorrow and get 20 bucks off.

ETA Meindl is it's own company they just happen to sell that line through Cabelas.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

meindl from cabelas.  Nice light wieght and easy to break in.  Been wearing them everyday for 9 months now and they are super comfy

Forgot about Meindl. I would rank them up there with Danner. They supposedly have the best ankle support of any hunting boot.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Danners are your best bet IMO.

The only M brand I know of are Merrells. They are good but I don't think they make an above the ankle boot with light insulation. They are more of a hiking boot company.

Another vote for Danners.  I've had the pronghorns and a few issue style boots.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#5]
M is for Matterhorn.  Just as good if not better than Danner.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Link Here

Buy today and tomorrow and get 20 bucks off.

ETA Meindl is it's own company they just happen to sell that line through Cabelas.

He posted my very thoughts. If you want a great hunting boot at a decent price then this is the best option. The Danners that are made in the USA are good but this boot is better. If you want top notch and aren't worried about price take a look at the Kenetrek line.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Danner
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top