Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Pg 2 is Mine!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:43:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
People are waaay to sensitive about 9/11.

Some of us were actually adults when it happened.  Some of us were actually involved in the rescue/recovery operation.

You should probably pipe down about other peoples' "over-sensitivity"
It would be nice to be hearing this at my local pub over some drinks. I could then express my true feelings about such comments.

Yeah.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:46:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
don't do a frontal attack, just wear down americans till we look at burning people in the street and just walk around them.

our daughter works in Fashion and trust me no little detail like that goes un noticed before being sent to production and yes it was a big deal the designer knew it and that was their intention

My gf's family owns a company that imports a lot of Chinese goods to S. America.  I have seen a lot of obvious errors on cheap Chinese t-shirts.  The most recent one I saw said "Peace & Harmonica". I think they meant to say "Harmony".  Oversights do happen.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#4]
If you think those shirts are bad I guess you never saw the one's T-shirt Hell put out right after 9/11.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:29:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've been going into burning buildings to rescue people (you know, just like the 343 firefighters who were murdered on 9/11 doing that very thing) for 20 years now. How about you? I was on duty on 09/11/01. How about you?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:31:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you think those shirts are bad I guess you never saw the one's T-shirt Hell put out right after 9/11.

This little piece of tastelessnes was being sold in Sears, a little more Mai.stream than tshirt hell.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Is this the company?

http://www.gotcha.com/contact.asp
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Is this the company?

http://www.gotcha.com/contact.asp

Yip, The one with the friendly males on the front page.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been going into burning buildings to rescue people (you know, just like the 343 firefighters who were murdered on 9/11 doing that very thing) for 20 years now. How about you? I was on duty on 09/11/01. How about you?

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#10]
If I saw someone wearing that shirt on the street, it wouldn't even cross my mind that it's a picture of the WTC.  It's just a generic skyline that doesn't even look recognizable.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You are probably right. 9-11 is a "pet peeve" of myself and many others here. Sorry to go overboard!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are probably right. 9-11 is a "pet peeve" of myself and many others here. Sorry to go overboard!

The best sarcasm is when you can't quite tell that it's sarcasm.

Well-played.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

With this comment, I'd put you at 15, maybe 16 years old and on the morning of 9/11/01, you were busy watching cartoons.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

With this comment, I'd put you at 15, maybe 16 years old and on the morning of 9/11/01, you were busy watching cartoons.

It's good when people out themselves, then you just hit the ignore button

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:30:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Just remember this: No one ever went broke by overestimating the tastelessness of the American public.

IIRC, P.T.Barnum

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its just a print of the twin towers with the word 'Gotcha emblazoned across it.

WTF is the big deal?

You really need this explained to you? OK. The vast majority of people seeing that shirt will interpret it as a celebration of the 9/11 attacks. 'Gotcha' is a common catch phrase one used when one pulls something off against another person.

ETA; ReallyLongAction put it far better.

Gotcha has been around for decades.

Just because a bunch of people think the name-brand is reference to the attack doesn't make it so.

you"re one of the people that makes George Washington, spin in his grave

What a retarded and irrational statement.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its just a print of the twin towers.

WTF is the big deal?

You can't possibly be THAT fucking dense.

No, its just I am not hot-tempered enough to immediately assume that this shirt was an intentional jab.

I have been familiar with Gotcha since the 80s, so I just saw a brand name.

That said, people sure react irrational to such a harmless shirt.

Its not like they put Muhammed's face on a shirt or something.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
don't do a frontal attack, just wear down americans till we look at burning people in the street and just walk around them.

our daughter works in Fashion and trust me no little detail like that goes un noticed before being sent to production and yes it was a big deal the designer knew it and that was their intention
I would tend to believe this here.

Oh, lets make a T shirt to sell nation wide..just throw something on it, hell it don't matter. What, How many? Ehhh, make it 10 thousand.

Actually, that is exactly how most T-shirts are made.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Some designer in China who doesn't even speak English put together some random clipart and this "offensive" shirt came out.

I should start taking pictures of the random shit some translation program put together and a company slapped on either a shirt, or truck tire carrier.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#21]
From their Facebook:

Gotcha For more than 30 years,

Gotcha has created apparel that articulates the individuality and athleticism of

the coastal beach culture, and we deeply regret that one of our products has

understandably upset many consumers. We are very sensitive to our customers’

concerns, and are working vigilantly to remove the product from stores

nationwide.

<form method="POST" action="http://www.facebook.com/ajax/ufi/modify.php" name="add_comment" id="commentable_item_1941579025_125568964160358" class="commentable_item one_row_add_box autoexpand_mode comment_form_125568964160358" ajaxify="1" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "></a>
</form>
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would tend to believe this here.

Oh, lets make a T shirt to sell nation wide..just throw something on it, hell it don't matter. What, How many? Ehhh, make it 10 thousand.

Actually, that is exactly how most T-shirts are made.

QFT. If you guys really think that a Chinese made shirt went through any QC, inspection, or "fashion design" your nuts. Is it offensive? Hell yes. Was it on purpose? Hell No.

If you want to be mad at somebody I would be looking more in the direction of the idiots at Sears who unpacked and shelved that garbage.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top