Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 12:58:44 AM EDT
Is anyone else having difficulty accessing Bank of America's website other than me?   My computer will not load up their site.  It's been like this for almost two days.  Every other site on my computer loads fine.

At first I was able to get to the logon page fine, and it would freeze after I attempted to log-in.  But now even the logon or home page won't load.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:03:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Works fine for me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:05:19 AM EDT
[#2]
just typed in "bankofamerica.com" and it came right up, no issues.

Firefox 3.6.9 on OS X 10.5.8

Don't have an account so can't test the login.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:27:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Weird, guess my computer doesn't like it!    Thanks fellas.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:39:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Step 1 - delete your temp internet files and your cookies.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:08:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you simply typing "bankofamerica.com" or "www.bankofamerica.com"?

Im convinced one of the webheads or NS doesn't have an A record for just the domain. I sometimes can't get the site to load without giving the www.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:16:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Have you tried any other secure sites?  I have seen malware add entries to the hosts file that interfere with secure sites.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:18:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Have you tried any other secure sites?  I have seen malware add entries to the hosts file that interfere with secure sites.

Given that current Adobe virus running wild the past few days, that very well could be the issue. OP, have you run a virus scan lately?

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:51:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are you simply typing "bankofamerica.com" or "www.bankofamerica.com"?
Im convinced one of the webheads or NS doesn't have an A record for just the domain. I sometimes can't get the site to load without giving the www.

I'm using a pre-saved shortcut which has worked for quite some time.   But I also tried typing in exactly "http://www.bankofamerica.com"

Quoted:

Quoted:

Given that current Adobe virus running wild the past few days, that very well could be the issue. OP, have you run a virus scan lately?

My bank account website works fine, which is a secure site.  Also have used a few others with no problems.  It's only with Bank of America.  Guess I could run a virus scan though, wouldn't hurt anything.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:01:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Fuck BofA
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:11:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I always type in https://www.bankofamerica.com

And always works.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:22:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Step 1 - delete your temp internet files and your cookies.

Step 2- kick BoFA to the curb...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:23:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Deleting the temporary internet files didn't quite do the trick, however once I deleted the cookies the page loaded fine.  Thanks!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:24:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine works.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:30:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Just had a MAJOR issue with BOA this morning, still not resolved yet. I'll start a new thread so as not to hijack yours, but they do appear to be having some technical difficulties.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:43:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Is anyone else having difficulty accessing Bank of America's website other than me?   My computer will not load up their site.  It's been like this for almost two days.  Every other site on my computer loads fine.

At first I was able to get to the logon page fine, and it would freeze after I attempted to log-in.  But now even the logon or home page won't load.

Happens to me about once a month. I can clear temp files, caches etc but only a reboot will fix it. Good to go for awhile after that.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:45:38 AM EDT
[#16]
I had some trouble at the end of last week, but it is working fine now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top