Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2010 9:05:04 PM EDT
Can't find it if there is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/07/somos-muchos-toyota-offer_n_707956.html

'Somos Muchos': Toyota Offers Free Hispanic Pride Stickers

TORRANCE, Calif. — Toyota Motor Corp., hoping to solidify its standing as the top brand for Hispanic buyers in the U.S., is offering drivers a series of stickers that celebrates their Hispanic heritage.

The decals contain the phrase "somos muchos," or "we are many," followed by cultures, regions and popular descriptors from all over Latin America, such as "somos muchos Mexicanos" and "somos muchos Hondurenos." The decals, designed to be stuck on bumpers or windows, come in more than 100 different versions and are available in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.

Toyota is offering the stickers free on the Spanish-language version of its Facebook page. It's also distributing them at upcoming festivals in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, Miami, New York and Chicago.

Toyota is the top brand among Hispanic buyers in the U.S., according to vehicle registration data gathered by R.L. Polk and Associates. The automaker says it has held that title since 2004.

In a recent speech to the National Council of La Raza, Toyota President Yoshi Inaba said one of every four Hispanic car buyers in the U.S. bought a Toyota last year.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad I bought a Honda. Fuck Mexico, Obama, and Toyota.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes a few days ago... you asked. I hope this costs them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#4]
This is not the first time toyota has done sothing like this, in the 90's they ran an ad in Jet that said "unlike your last boyfriend (the corrola) Goes to work in the morning."
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

This is not the first time toyota has done sothing like this, in the 90's they ran an ad in Jet that said "unlike your last boyfriend (the corrola) Goes to work in the morning."

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#6]
gotta cater to the replacement consumers
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes a few days ago... you asked. I hope this costs them.

I only drive toyotas, until now

that said Ill buy any company offering a decent car qith a white pride sticker, not an "88" by the way
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn it! I was looking at getting the wife a Lexus. I'm running out of options guess I'll go German.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes.

Imagine the following on a bumper sticker:

Ford. Strong and Dependable, Like White People.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Glad I bought a Honda. Fuck Mexico, Obama, and Toyota.
+1
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#12]
those crazy japs, what are they gonna think of next?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back and forces ARFCOM to start recommending something other than a Toyota every time someone mentions owning a truck, but somehow, I doubt it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yes.

Does not compute... Or at least in my experiences...

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#15]
So easy to modify from "Somos muchos...." to "Somos nachos...." with one cut to the 'm' and a sharpie to the 'u'. I see much mayhem if I spot one of these stickers in the wild.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:35:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes.

Hee hee.  I want to try.

The new Toyota Tacorito DS.  The largest trunk in it's class.

The DS is the Donkey Show model

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:16:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Hell, I'm in....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:47:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hell, I'm in....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:08:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Toyota must figure that their most loyal customer base is Hispanics that are overly proud or maybe even racist.   I'd love to see their demographic and psychographic info.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:12:41 AM EDT
[#20]
It's good marketing.

The Hispanic population is growing.

As good capitalists we should embrace this tactic.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:17:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's good marketing.

No we won't because we are selective capitalists, most people on ARFCOM are all on board for freedom of speech, freedom of religon, capitalism, and so on until someone or something they don't agree with comes up and then they want to start stopping the freedoms.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:26:57 AM EDT
[#22]
another thing to consider is that specific pride is still generally allowed.

I've seen plenty of Scottish pride, Kiss me I'm Irish, the welsh Dragon or Hungarian themed bumperstickers, license plate holders or decals on vehicles.

Which makes more sense than a blanket white pride declaration. Skin color doesn't say much. My fiancee's family is Irish, the celebrate their heritage openly by learning history, eating cultural foods, songs, dances and other stuff. Is it racism? Nope. I've even seen a few harp or shamrock bumperstickers on their vehicles.
The other issue is PR.
White people tying their pride to Nazism, the Klan, the firehose wielding side of the civil rights movement and Jerry springer was a bad plan. Gonna take a while to live those down.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:34:20 AM EDT
[#23]
That cocksucker earl stewart from N. Palm Bch, stopped running his toyoto commercials in espanol. He would rather sell his cars than leave them on the lot till some sombrero wearing, taco eating, border jumping, grass cutting drunk, who said 'fuck my mama in mexico' kept enough money in the states to make a down payment.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:37:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

So easy to modify from "Somos muchos...." to "Somos nachos...." with one cut to the 'm' and a sharpie to the 'u'. I see much mayhem if I spot one of these stickers in the wild.

you are one smart MF ;)
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:50:35 AM EDT
[#25]
So?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:55:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's good marketing.

This. It's a marketing gimmick, I'm finding it hard to be pissed about it. I'd still buy a Toyota over any Obama Motors vehicle.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:57:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's good marketing.

This. It's a marketing gimmick, I'm finding it hard to be pissed about it. I'd still buy a Toyota over any Obama Motors vehicle.

This. At least American tax payers didn't bail out Toyota.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:58:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Maybe this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back and forces ARFCOM to start recommending something other than a Toyota every time someone mentions owning a truck, but somehow, I doubt it.

Nissan
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:59:04 AM EDT
[#29]
thank god I have left over tamales in the fridge, this thread made me hella hungry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:01:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's good marketing.

Okay you need to stop making sense.  It's better for Toyota to not sell to a growing market so then when they need a bail out ARFCOM can start bitching about Toyota's bad business sense.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:04:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's good marketing.

Okay you need to stop making sense.  It's better for Toyota to not sell to a growing market so then when they need a bail out ARFCOM can start bitching about Toyota's bad business sense.

Alright I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:04:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I've seen plenty of Scottish pride, Kiss me I'm Irish, the welsh Dragon or Hungarian themed bumperstickers, license plate holders or decals on vehicles.

Which makes more sense than a blanket white pride declaration. Skin color doesn't say much. My fiancee's family is Irish, the celebrate their heritage openly by learning history, eating cultural foods, songs, dances and other stuff. Is it racism? Nope. I've even seen a few harp or shamrock bumperstickers on their vehicles.

The other issue is PR.

White people tying their pride to Nazism, the Klan, the firehose wielding side of the civil rights movement and Jerry springer was a bad plan. Gonna take a while to live those down.  

no the black and hispanic minorities tied whites to those, the al sharptons and jesse jacksons used those against us and the liberal media and both a majority of the minority community and the liberal white apologists jumped all over that band wagon. and how is it bad that we speak out against a blanket statement of hispanic pride when it is obviously racist? you cant say its ok for blacks and hispanics to have a race based pride when you tell whites that it is bad
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:08:24 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The other issue is PR.

no the black and hispanic minorities tied whites to those, the al sharptons and jesse jacksons used those against us and the liberal media and both a majority of the minority community and the liberal white apologists jumped all over that band wagon. and how is it bad that we speak out against a blanket statement of hispanic pride when it is obviously racist? you cant say its ok for blacks and hispanics to have a race based pride when you tell whites that it is bad

Wow, with all that victimization you sound like Al or Jesse.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:23:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's good marketing.

This.

The Tubby ARFCOM effect on their boycott of Toyota products:  .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of market share.

KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top