Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do you have to ask?

Owned 2
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:40:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Okay, so I did some reading.  Presence of c. reflex has a "96% negative predictive value", but "does not always exclude torsion".  Whatever you decide if you haven't left already, any nausea at this point is an absolute dealbreaker.

The other possibility is epididymitis. And I think I've caused enough awkward conversations for one night.

Reflux epididymitis?  

Heavy lifting or exertion, causing urine or bacteria to enter the epididymus.  I have seen this DX before.

Either way.  If it was my kid, we would get an eval.  I would not want them to be called the one nut wonder.
I have been drinking.  So forgive spelling/grammer.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:09:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I must first say I am glad the news is good so far.

Now for the but, I love arf, "hey my arm is falling off?" Arf.com response "wait and got to urgent care in the morning."

"Hey my nut hurts!" Arf.com response "run don't walk to the E.R.!!!!"

By the way I agree anything involving man land, and I sprint to go see the doctor.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:39:59 AM EDT
[#4]
The tests were all negative for torsion,  he did mention epididmitis but he doesn't think that's it either. Poor little guy was mortified getting his junk ultrasounded.  The tech was nice but at 13 that's pretty much a worst case scenario I think.

He's hurting bad this morning. I'd say worse based on how he's moving and how bent over he is.  Hope he gets better soon,  doc said if he's still in pain in a couple days to go back but we'll just watch it I guess.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:41:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The tests were all negative for torsion,  he did mention epididmitis but he doesn't think that's it either. Poor little guy was mortified getting his junk ultrasounded.  The tech was nice but at 13 that's pretty much a worst case scenario I think.

He's hurting bad this morning. I'd say worse based on how he's moving and how bent over he is.  Hope he gets better soon,  doc said if he's still in pain in a couple days to go back but we'll just watch it I guess.

did they give you guys any scripts for pain?

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:47:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm a epididimitis survivor and let me say thats not fun. Keep a close eye on the testicle that he feels the pain in he might be swelling. What kind of meds did they give him.

Hope they just didn't give him the Azo and call it a day.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They think jumping on the tramp he bruised the tube that carries the testicle in the sack.

My friend jumped on a tramp and bruised his tube, too.

She turned out to be a stalker and he had to get a Protective Order.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#8]
See a Doc immediately––could be a testicular torsion
Waiting could lose the testicle
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:05:27 AM EDT
[#9]
This thread makes my nuts hurt
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:23:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Epididymitis
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:27:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

This thread makes my nuts hurt

You have no idea

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:28:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Hope the fella is ok. Maybe wear a jock next time on the trampoline?

Dang, you're family can't catch a break with kids and hospitals, can they? How is your little girl getting along now?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Dang, you're family can't catch a break with kids and hospitals, can they? How is your little girl getting along now?

she's fine now, it's been almost exactly a year since that incident. We were at the same hospital and while I *hate* going to ER's and I rarely ever go or take the kids, my wife didn't have to remind me that that last time we went in that hospital we could have lost our little girl. She's doing great now though, other than the scars on her legs and hip.

They didn't give my kid anything for pain,  we gave him some ibuprofin but it's not helping much. I know he's hurting bad because I donated a bag of frozen peas to try and get the pain down and he didn't even hesitate, put them right on his junk and just sat there. He's in school now but the wife unit called and checked (her friend is a teacher) and the teach said he's just sitting there with a pained expression on his face.  It's the best behaved he's been in class in a while .  So I know he's suffering.

hope it gets better,  junk pain is not fun. I told him to lay off the tramp jumping for a while and wear a jock next time he does.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Jeez, good luck.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check for presence of a cremasteric reflex.  If it's absent, go quick like bunny.
Awkward...

OK prime still has cremasteric reflex, which is funny to watch btw,   so should we still go?

Depends on if you want the family name to continue through him... If it's testicular torsion, you may have already waited too long, and that nut's a goner. Hope it's nothing. Good luck.

ETA: Glad it's not a torsion. But now you know why jockstraps are used for sports activities.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

she's fine now, it's been almost exactly a year since that incident. We were at the same hospital and while I *hate* going to ER's and I rarely ever go or take the kids, my wife didn't have to remind me that that last time we went in that hospital we could have lost our little girl. She's doing great now though, other than the scars on her legs and hip.

They didn't give my kid anything for pain, we gave him some ibuprofin but it's not helping much. I know he's hurting bad because I donated a bag of frozen peas to try and get the pain down and he didn't even hesitate, put them right on his junk and just sat there. He's in school now but the wife unit called and checked (her friend is a teacher) and the teach said he's just sitting there with a pained expression on his face. It's the best behaved he's been in class in a while . So I know he's suffering.

hope it gets better, junk pain is not fun. I told him to lay off the tramp jumping for a while and wear a jock next time he does.

Another thought. Did they check him for a hydroseal hernia? It can cause pressure on the vasdifference (sic) and produce nut pain. Ask me how I know

I can sympathize. I was down for nearly 2 weeks after getting vasectomy....routine my ass!

Hoping the best for the little man. Glad to hear the girl is doin' well. Scars are better than the alternative. Modern medicine is a great thing.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Dude, you sent him to school?

After some weird dude has been playing with his nuts while you were posting updates on arf.com?

And his teacher knows?

Is this payback for something?

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Glad to hear he's a little better.  I thinking the discomfort in his testicles paled in comparison to the discomfort of a 13 yo having to tell the cute triage nurse why he was there  

Good luck with him.

FB

oh man,  you have no idea.  The nurse (who was cute btw) asked him what was wrong.  I have not heard so much hemming and hawing and um'ing since the last Obama speech.

it went downhill fast when he had to get an ultrasound and the tech (also a female) gave him a towel and told him to put it over his privates, and then pull his penis up to his stomach. They pulled his sack down onto the towel and then mashed the ultrasound machine down on them.

I thought he was going to die. I have not seen him that red ever.  poor kid.  I was dying laughing but that's just me. I was relieved it wasn't a torsion. They were trying to make sure there was blood flow and check to see if there might be  a hernia.

it's possible it's a hernia but doc doesn't think so.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#20]
TESTICULAR. PAIN.  

Get thee (or thy offspring in this case) to a Doctor forthwith.  

If your sack was causing you pain rated a 7 with none of the usual causes (shot to the nuts, blueballs, etc) would you take any chances?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dude, you sent him to school?

After some weird dude has been playing with his nuts while you were posting updates on arf.com?

And his teacher knows?

Is this payback for something?

yes, it's payback. This kid is going to lead me to an early grave.  He's already taken ten years off my life already so ya, we're getting some payback.   he also has missed a couple days of school already on other illnesses and he can't afford to miss a lot so he had to go.  last night I was not sure he was really hurting, I thought he might be working on an excuse to miss school so told him no matter what he was going.

once we found out it was not torsion, he was committed. I paid 100 bucks Copay to get the check. he's going to school unless he's actually in the hospital.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#22]
glad it's not torsion.  in a few years he may vividly and fondly remember his ultrasound experience lol
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#23]
It could also be a kidney stone. Ive had a couple and both times Ive had pain in the testicular area
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My 13 year old son is complaining of testicular pain in one nut (left if it matters).  he says it's pretty severe,  7 out of 10 with 1 being no pain and 10 being I just cut them off with rusty scissors.

He's walking slightly bent over, he was jumping on the tramp about two or three hours ago but says he did not get wracked.  he was just sitting watching TV with the family and helping me reload some .243 for his deer hunt. It started with an ache and within 10 minutes or so, was at full pain.

do we haul him to the doc now? or ice them down and go in the morning? I'm trying to think what it could be. could be a twisted nut tube (whatever those are called) or maybe a cancer or growth of some kind.  He says the feel normal, no lumps,  they are not discolored or anything.  I am taking his word for that though.   Nobody in the house is volunteering to double check  them.

he's not crying or anything, he's just sitting there but you can tell he's in some discomfort.  It's better when he sits down, and gets worse when he walks around.

any ideas?

Go now, they may still be able to save it. I waited a week out of embarassment before I told my Dad and it was too late; they had to remove it. Torsion, as has been pointed out before.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top