Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Yes once.  Some buddy's and I were having a night out down on 6th street in Austin. If you've never heard of 6th street its a whole street lined with bars and clubs.  Well 2:30 rolled around and we went out the back of this club into an alley. We were walking down this alley and my friend decided to throw the breaker on this dance club that was still bumping.   Well when he does the music and lights go off and a bouncer runs out the back.

We jog off to the main road laughing.  The next thing I know, someone if yelling " stop ". It was a cop. He grabbed me cuz I was out in front. He asked all of us who had done it. Nobody would confess. For some reason they decided to take only me in. I got thrown in jail and let out the next morning.  I got picked up in my 1970 chevelle malibu and we drove to denny's.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yes once.  Some buddy's and I were having a night out down on 6th street in Austin. If you've never heard of 6th street its a whole street lined with bars and clubs.  Well 2:30 rolled around and we went out the back of this club into an alley. We were walking down this alley and my friend decided to throw the breaker on this dance club that was still bumping.   Well when he does the music and lights go off and a bouncer runs out the back.

We jog off to the main road laughing.  The next thing I know, someone if yelling " stop ". It was a cop. He grabbed me cuz I was out in front. He asked all of us who had done it. Nobody would confess. For some reason they decided to take only me in. I got thrown in jail and let out the next morning.  I got picked up in my 1970 chevelle malibu and we drove to denny's.

What a nice "friend" letting you take all the heat for that one...

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#4]
No.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What a nice "friend" letting you take all the heat for that one...

I don't blame him. We didn't say shit. He took me in for drunk in public. Not for the breaker box. I wouldnt expect him to jump up and say he did it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope, never have and I never plan to.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]

No comment.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Public drunk one time as a kid.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#9]
yes, for littering.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Spent 11 years in Federal Prison but got to go home every night when I got off work
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
yes, for littering.

Littering?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:21:59 PM EDT
[#12]
are you fucking serious?  33% of people here are scumbags.  

What in the hell did you pieces of shit do that warranted being thrown in jail?  

Its not hard to play by the rules...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Nope.  

I was, however, a "guest" in the back seat of a cruiser one time during a traffic stop. The officer decided he needed to clear my weapon and run the S/N, and that I needed to be locked in the back seat "for his safety" while he did it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Does taking people there count?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Didn't you read the thread? There's failure to appear for a headlight ticket, minor in possession, fighting (dropped - self defense), something weird in Mexico & China, a few DUI's, public intoxication, drunk pranks, and a few serious sounding things that they aren't talking about.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#17]
A night for public intoxication. I was trying to avoid a DUI and got popped for it. Must have been a slow night for the cops.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep. Spent the night in jail when I was 18. Lots of vodka was involved, with a Waffle House. Sucked at the time but is a funny story now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Several times.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Couple times a week... to drop off future guests.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

A night for public intoxication. I was trying to avoid a DUI and got popped for it. Must have been a slow night for the cops.

+1 about 10 years ago.I did not wont to drive so i slept in my car and they nailed me for it.$265 fine,24 hours of community service and 6 monts of supervised probation.spent 4 hours in city then they took me to county where i spent another 4 hours.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
yes, for littering.

I know what movie you saw..

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Yupp slapped the cop when he told me to turn my music down to many beers involved i was in jail for 3.5 hrs bailed by my g.f.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Couple of times. It sucked.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#25]
nope, i'm a good boy
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Yep every day for 3 years. I arrived at 7pm and left at 7am.  The pay sucked ass that is why I no longer go there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#27]
got pulled for an expired tag (that month) and had two unpaid tickets, which = my license had been suspended the day before.

Spent the night in county (150 miles away from home) and had to Greyhound it back a few days later with my receipts and new license so the judge would release my car.  Good judge; she knew I was an idiot kid and charged $15 in court costs and took it off my record.  Those were the last tickets/handcuffs in 17 years.

Overall, it wasn't bad.  Decent food, no locked cells and as many phone calls as you needed.  Still, I wouldn't do it again.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
yes, for littering.

I'm dead serious, and it was a felony too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#29]
no..
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Canadians got me with a pistol at the border.  Spent the night in jail in Windsor.  Ended up being a 250$ fine and was convicted of the "misdemeanor' version of the crime so my gun rights here in the US have not been impacted... although I was "denied" once, went through the appeal process, won, and got a PIN number for future purchases. But then I got my permit and don't really need it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes. More than once.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Who the FUCK are you, Mary Fucking Poppins? Not everybody whose been to jail is a murderer/rapist/pedophile. Some folks here are ALL high and mighty.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I agree with Bugalman.

Everyone makes mistakes but some people here are making huge ones. Public drunk and speeding tickets are one thing but I with past experiences with friends lost I think DUI should be 3+ years in jail. However I think we need to tighten our DUI laws, it is a little to easy to get a dui now a days.

Although mu friend who was hit by a drunk driver, the driver was borderline passing out. 0.08 is a little low.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes, for littering.

I'm dead serious, and it was a felony too.

You can't own guns and you are on a gun board?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who the FUCK are you, Mary Fucking Poppins? Not everybody whose been to jail is a murderer/rapist/pedophile. Some folks here are ALL high and mighty.
He never said that.

I think out of the 33% I probably have a problem with 40% of them.   (40% * 33%)

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Yep, more than once.  The longest stint was about 26 hours, the shortest around 4.  The last time was probably around 20 years ago.  Nothing violent and I chalk the short stays up with the simple fact that I was always nice to the cops and never gave them a hard time.  And I always dressed nice for court and yessired and nosirred the cops and judges.  When you're in the hands of the cops, when in doubt it's "yes sir" and "no sir".  I actually yessirred the janitor in a courthouse one day.  He laughed and said "Son, you don't have to yessir me!".  I laughed and said "Better safe than sorry!".

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:52:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No fucking kidding.  You know why they call them misdemeanors?  Because its a lapse in demeanor or judgment.  Not a fucking murder wrap.  

Fuck me, some people really like the smell of their own shit.  And I've never even been close to arrested.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes...hundreds of times.
For work.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#39]
i know the bondsmen by first name
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Few times.  

NO CONVICTIONS
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Canadians got me with a pistol at the border.  Spent the night in jail in Windsor.  Ended up being a 250$ fine and was convicted of the "misdemeanor' version of the crime so my gun rights here in the US have not been impacted... although I was "denied" once, went through the appeal process, won, and got a PIN number for future purchases. But then I got my permit and don't really need it.

I thought foreign crimes do not affect your U.S criminal record ( even for felonies )

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#42]
I spent a few hours in a holding cell and almost ended up in Galveston County juvie jail when I was 16.

but my friend and I were released to our parents and the charges were dropped a few days later.

moral of this story, don't take a guys inflatable dinghy out for a joy ride, then get caught while returning it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#43]
5 times...2 for MIP of alchohol,2 for fighting,1 for DWI...

The DWI charge was dropped..The one that scared me straight I was charged with second degree battery in one of the fights.Fucker swung at me first and he got to go for a litte ride in the amberlamps.27 stitches,broke nose,teeth missing ect..Those charges were dropped as well due to witnessess.

It was still a funny feeling when I went before the judge and he was reading out the minimum and maximum  penalties for the second degree battery and he said "minimum 5 yrs and $$$ fine".Lucky for me people saw what happened.

I'm a scumbag.Sue me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Decided to take jail time over the rigmarole of probation.  

7 days in a coed low security jail where you get to wear street cloths all day, with ping pong, sand volleyball, horseshoe pit, basketball, big screen TV's, vending machines, with no jail cells, and to top it off, work release for 10 hours a day...  or............  12 months probation.

I believe I chose wisely

That almost sounds like a place guys would pay to hang out at.  If they served alcohol it could be a bar, they even have women.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

7 days in a coed low security jail where you get to wear street cloths all day, with ping pong, sand volleyball, horseshoe pit, basketball, big screen TV's, vending machines, with no jail cells, and to top it off, work release for 10 hours a day...  or............  12 months probation.

I believe I chose wisely

Where the hell was this?  I can't imagine it was in NE.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with Bugalman.

Everyone makes mistakes but some people here are making huge ones. Public drunk and speeding tickets are one thing but I with past experiences with friends lost I think DUI should be 3+ years in jail. However I think we need to tighten our DUI laws, it is a little to easy to get a dui now a days.

Although mu friend who was hit by a drunk driver, the driver was borderline passing out. 0.08 is a little low.

What and huh?

Have you been drinking tonight?  Your responses seem to contradict themselves...

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Toured a state prison for a college class and bailed a buddy out of jail once.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe I chose wisely

That almost sounds like a place guys would pay to hang out at.  If they served alcohol it could be a bar, they even have women.  

Yep, men and women together...  You can walk around, hang out with the women, get a bj in the bathroom (from a woman), etc. when not on lockdown...  I think there were something like 5 lockdowns a day, with each one lasting an hour.  Besides during that time, you can roam around the whole facility and do pretty much whatever.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe I chose wisely

Where the hell was this?  I can't imagine it was in NE.

Lincoln Correctional Facility, or LCF as it's called.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#50]
was technically arrested but didnt sit in an actual jail cell.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top