Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 5:45:12 PM EDT
The family and I went to watch Appalachian State and Jacksonville State play today here at App.  
There was a decent crowd there for a 1aa football game, around 24,000.
I was carrying my backpack as I always do to football games.  I carry ponchos
and seat cushions in it.  As I enter the checkpoint a very nice police lady tells me that
backpacks are no longer allowed in the stadium and I have to take it back to the car.  
I politely ask her about all the people carrying duffel bags into the stadium and she kindly tells me
that any size duffel bags are alright to carry but that a new homeland security law bans backpacks
from being carried inside of stadiums.WTF Back to the car I went.
What sense does this make?????Anyone recomend a cool duffel bag?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#1]
FUCK BHO!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Right ... because he invented DHS.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
As I enter the checkpoint a very nice police lady tells me that
backpacks are no longer allowed in the stadium and I have to take it back to the car ...  a new homeland security law bans backpacks
from being carried inside of stadiums.

I love secret laws. It's all American and shit. Makes me feel patriotic. I love police checkpoints at public events too. Let freedom ring.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Why didn't you take off the backpack and carry it like a duffle bag (with the shoulder straps)?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why didn't you take off the backpack and carry it like a duffle bag (with the shoulder straps)?

I actually did try that, no go.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Another reason why I stay home and avoid that kind of shit at all costs.  Not a damned thing in this world worth standing in line to see, hear or eat.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#7]
duffel bags, but no backpacks?  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Another reason why I stay home and avoid that kind of shit at all costs.  Not a damned thing in this world worth standing in line to see, hear or eat.

Your screen name is fitting.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#9]
She was full of shit.

My bet is she knew she screwed up when you asked about the duffel bags, and instead of owning up to it, pulled something out of her ass to try and cover.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Ask her when Congress passed the law, or if it was a unilateral issuance by the DHS.

Then educate her as to the difference between a law and a bullshit regulation.

Then go in, holding your backpack like a duffel bag, 'cause hey, what's in a name?  If regulations are the same as laws, backpacks are the same as duffel bags, right?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
She was full of shit.

My bet is she knew she screwed up when you asked about the duffel bags, and instead of owning up to it, pulled something out of her ass to try and cover.

it does seem like tier 1 bs

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#12]
You should have carried your backpack in your hands and called it a duffle bag...

Edit:  I should read threads first.  Still...  

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
She was full of shit.

My father went through a different line, different cop but told the same thing, back to the car he went.
I watched as several people with backpacks got turned away and everyone carrying a duffel bag walked in.
It wasn't just the one cop.  They were all enforcing the No Backpack Law.
My brother in law walked right in carrying a duffel bag, he was no where near me.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's proper to say Fuck Obama at any occasion.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

... sniffin' da Iggy

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough. FBO.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I feel safer already...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Can't you carry a duffle on your back?

Musta been an Ole Miss grad.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your screen name is fitting.  

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Two words: "Security Theater".
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough. FBO.

And the carpet he flew in on.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#22]
First, let me say that is a bs law, regulation, or whatever you want to call it.

Now, let me play devils advocate for a moment.  I'm guessing backpacks cause a problem for security for a couple reasons. First, some of the backpacks out there have so many damn pockets it would

take forever for them to search every last one of them before letting you in.  Second, if somebody does sucessfully get something into a stadium that doesn't belong there and commits an act of

terrorism, it is much easier to get away quickly with a backpack as opposed to a duffel bag.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

First, let me say that is a bs law, regulation, or whatever you want to call it.

Now, let me play devils advocate for a moment.  I'm guessing backpacks cause a problem for security for a couple reasons. First, some of the backpacks out there have so many damn pockets it would

take forever for them to search every last one of them before letting you in.  Second, if somebody does sucessfully get something into a stadium that doesn't belong there and commits an act of

terrorism, it is much easier to get away quickly with a backpack as opposed to a duffel bag.

You can wear a duffel bag like a backpack...

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Big enough bomb in it, you're not worried about getting away WITH it.  

Size matters, when carrying things that are extremely exothermic...  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now, let me play devils advocate for a moment. I'm guessing backpacks cause a problem for security for a couple reasons. First, some of the backpacks out there have so many damn pockets it would

take forever for them to search every last one of them before letting you in. Second, if somebody does sucessfully get something into a stadium that doesn't belong there and commits an act of

Not all duffels can be worn like a backpack, but all backpacks can be worn like a backpack.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#26]
That's dfferent. Never heard that rule. Guess they are scared of hand guns, not RPG's.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:41:44 PM EDT
[#27]
If I remember correctly, the guy who blew himself up outside of the OU stadium had it hidden in a backpack.  Of course he blew himself up outside a stadium with 85k people inside because he was emotionally disturbed....right.  

The point being, maybe that has something to do with it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The family and I went to watch Appalachian State and Jacksonville State play today here at App.  

and seat cushions in it.  As I enter the checkpoint a very nice police lady tells me that

backpacks are no longer allowed in the stadium and I have to take it back to the car.  

I politely ask her about all the people carrying duffel bags into the stadium and she kindly tells me

that any size duffel bags are alright to carry but that a new homeland security law bans backpacks

9 years later the terrorists are still winning.

Put your poncho on which will hide your backpack.

Myself, I am with Grumpy. Let the stands be empty.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#29]
you know what to do right?

or

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

9 years later the terrorists are still winning.

Put your poncho on which will hide your backpack.

Myself, I am with Grumpy. Let the stands be empty.

I'm on board. I'm not paying exorbitant fees to patronize some place where I'm shaken down like a convicted felon. I'm sad that lemmings are comfortable with this and readily accept it as part of public life.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#31]
If you guys wanna fuck anyone, fuck the bush administration for creating the DHO.  I haven't felt any less or more safe since its inception.  In this case it shows how trivial the whole "security" hype is as the type of bag is somehow going to make me safer.  If people were damn well determined enough I don't think a duffel bag versus a backpack is going to deter them.  To hell with the federal government, I'll take liberty, thank you very much.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#32]
It's all about control my friend.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Baby steps. Eventually, we'll lay down take it all.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#34]
This works for me every time:

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#35]
On a lighter note tomorrow I am going to a <theme park> while going in they will search my wifes purse as I wait patiently on the other side of security next to the nice cop.

Everyone will feel safer and I will know that I am actually safer as I will have a S&W 360pd plus reloads in the pocket of my shorts.

Funny thing is if they actually did a better security check I would be more inclined to not carry.

Oh and FBHO no reason need be listed as there are too many to count.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:19:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and 90% of the people on the terrorist forums I visit want to die in their attack, they have virgins to meet.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and 90% of the people on the terrorist forums I visit want to die in their attack, they have virgins to meet.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If you guys wanna fuck anyone, fuck the bush administration for creating the DHO.  I haven't felt any less or more safe since its inception.  In this case it shows how trivial the whole "security" hype is as the type of bag is somehow going to make me safer.  If people were damn well determined enough I don't think a duffel bag versus a backpack is going to deter them.  To hell with the federal government, I'll take liberty, thank you very much.

DHO?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Last I checked Duffel bags carry much more than a backpack. What fucking sense is that Bull shit?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#40]
DHS is "feel good" agency that makes sheep feel safe while in reality they are nothing more then a modern day bill of rights stomping gestapo. Fuck the DHS.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Football Staduims are not under the control of the federal govt, AND there is NO such backpack law.  

They are using that as an excuse to enforce their OWN rule.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#42]
When does Homeland security pass federal law on private property?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top