Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/11/2010 4:47:14 AM EDT
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307655/Mother-bed-house-wants-council-adjoining-homes.html

Mother of 10 living in three-bed council home demands TWO houses next door to each other 'because we need more room'

By
Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 12:04 AM on 1st September 2010

A mother who lives in a
three-bedroomed house with ten children and her partner has called for
officials to give her two adjoining homes to accommodate her large
family.  

Donna Harrison said she has been asking social landlord Incommunities to allocate her family a bigger house for five years.  

In
response, the organisation has said it has a 'very limited' supply of
homes with four bedrooms or more, several of which she has refused to
move into.  

Miss Harrison, from Bradford, moved into her home six years ago with five of the children and has since had another child.

She also cares for three other children, as well as her partner's daughter.  

Tight fit: Fabian Bland and his partner Donna
Harrison... and their ten children (back row) Daniel, 14, (with baby
Fabian), Sarah, 14, Chloe, 13, Aaron, 12, Megan, 12, and (front row)
Fabienne, four, Morgan, seven, Jack, nine, and Kieron, eight

The 34-year-old,
who shares a bedroom with a son, daughter and partner, said: 'I can't
cope, there's no room in the house for the kids.  

'I
have got four girls in one box room. I have had to put a partition up
in one bedroom so we don't have boys and girls sharing together.

'They are always fighting over the bathroom.  

'We
have taken on three extra kids and no-one's given us any help. Nobody
helps at all and I don't get anything for free, not even free school
meals.  

'I have put my name down for a few places. When people have got ten kids they should knock two houses through for them.'

Her
partner Fabian Bland, 41, a delivery driver, said: 'When the children
have their friends round it's like a kindergarten in here.'

Miss Harrison
was offered a choice of four four-bedroom Incommunities homes in 2008,
all of which she turned down saying they were not big enough.
She was offered a large private sector property through Incommunities' guarantee scheme, which she refused.  

An
Incommunities spokesman said: 'Since the stock transfer of homes from
Bradford Council in 2003, Incommunities has not carried out any
conversions of two or more homes into one to accommodate the needs of a
larger family with children.  

'Such
a scheme would be dependent on two large adjoining homes both being
available at the same time and also funding considerations.  

'We
are actively working with the tenant and other agencies to help best
meet the family's individual housing needs. Unfortunately, larger
family-sized homes of four bed and more are very limited.  

'We
always advise people looking for rented family-sized accommodation to
be flexible in terms of the location and also consider other housing
providers.'

Bradford
Council housing officer Andy Bebbington said: 'We have been to visit the
tenant to offer advice and support but there is a shortage of large
social housing properties. We are taking steps to address this problem
in the long term.'

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:50:07 AM EDT
[#1]

I knew this was going to be a UK article just by reading the title.

Pretty crazy, isn't it?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:51:32 AM EDT
[#2]
And they walk among us.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:52:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe you should STOP having kids
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:53:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Looks like someone needs to start working the pole in the evenings instead of "working the pole."

She's pretty enough to be a British stripper.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:54:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Its a vagina.......not a clown car.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:55:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Should've thought about living space before opening her legs...

Just sayin....
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:56:06 AM EDT
[#7]
This reminds me of the opening sequence of Idiocracy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:56:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:56:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's probably roomier than a Mini Cooper at this point.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:58:09 AM EDT
[#10]
If she doesn't close her legs she'll be demanding her own village.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:59:41 AM EDT
[#11]

If she gets her way, she could rename them Fuckingham Palace.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:04:47 AM EDT
[#12]
My grandmother had ten kids in one house with one bedroom. Get used to it. You decided to have them, you get to take care of them not the government.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:11:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

+1 Give her a box of condoms instead of a house
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:15:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Fabian Bland

Its almost like his parents wanted him to grow up to live in a tiny house with a skank and brood of illegitimate children, most of whom are not his.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:16:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I hope the local housing department agrees to find her a bigger house if she gets spayed and stops adopting kids.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:16:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Loose lips sink ships.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:16:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Fabian Bland - Ultra Douche
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#18]
How about 2 bullets next to each other.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If she gets her way, she could rename them Fuckingham Palace.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:17:02 AM EDT
[#20]
At least that family doesn't look like a herd of pachyderms like they would here
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:21:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Pretty crazy, isn't it?

It seemed very British in a way.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:27:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If she doesn't close her legs she'll be demanding her own village.

She already has, or IS part of, the Village Idiots!!

Fabian Bland and his partner Donna Harrison... and their ten children

Seems like traditional marriage isn't in their plan either!

White British Trash!!

If you can't FEED EM or HOUSE THEM........THEN DON'T BREED THEM!!!

The term "USELESS BREEDERS comes to mind!!

The challenge of life isn't to procreate..........any filthy animal can do that!!  Any DOG can do that!!  The challenge is to be responsible for your children!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:28:13 AM EDT
[#23]
The last line of the article kills me

Bradford Council housing officer Andy Bebbington said: 'We have been to visit the tenant to offer advice and support but there is a shortage of large social housing properties. We are taking steps to address this problem in the long term.'
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:31:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You fucker!  Now I have coffee all over my monitor!

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

At least that family doesn't look like a herd of pachyderms like they would here

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:40:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey lady, they know what causes pregnancy now-you might want to look into ways to prevent it. And maybe take a hint from Monty Python and sell a few for medical experiments. You know, instead of demanding you get TWO free fucking houses. Idiot.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:48:35 AM EDT
[#28]
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/840465-7-million-britons-live-in-jobless-households-where-no-one-works

7 million Britons 'live in jobless households where no one works'

Up to 7 million Britons are living in 'jobless' households where nobody whorks, according to latest figures.

Four million UK households reportedly contain no one who is currently in employment - meaning 7 million under-65-year-olds are currently living with no experience of employment.

148,000 have been added to the figures in the last year alone, with 700,000 joining the total since 1998 - a 22 per cent increase.

Employment Minister Chris Grayling said: ‘These figures are a further indictment of how the current system is failing families and are a shocking reflection of the scale of worklessness across the UK that the Government has inherited.

‘Some areas of Britain are suffering from inter-generational worklessness, which is why we must act now to ensure that children living in workless households are not left behind like their parents have been.’

The findings, produced by the Office for National Statistics, show that 3.9million households, in which 5.4million adults live, are without a job of any description.

Ministers are expected to introduce a ‘Work Programme’ next year, designed to force anyone without a job to make a daily effort to find employment, or risk losing their benefits.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:51:14 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 Give her a box of condoms instead of a house

Condoms? I think at this point sterilization is warranted.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/840465-7-million-britons-live-in-jobless-households-where-no-one-works

Up to 7 million Britons are living in 'jobless' households where nobody whorks, according to latest figures.

Four million UK households reportedly contain no one who is currently in employment - meaning 7 million under-65-year-olds are currently living with no experience of employment.

148,000 have been added to the figures in the last year alone, with 700,000 joining the total since 1998 - a 22 per cent increase.

Employment Minister Chris Grayling said: ‘These figures are a further indictment of how the current system is failing families and are a shocking reflection of the scale of worklessness across the UK that the Government has inherited.

‘Some areas of Britain are suffering from inter-generational worklessness, which is why we must act now to ensure that children living in workless households are not left behind like their parents have been.’

The findings, produced by the Office for National Statistics, show that 3.9million households, in which 5.4million adults live, are without a job of any description.

Ministers are expected to introduce a ‘Work Programme’ next year, designed to force anyone without a job to make a daily effort to find employment, or risk losing their benefits.

Hopefully Cameron does something about this.  Get those fucking people off of the dole and let them starve if they don't want to work.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:17:01 AM EDT
[#31]
It's Darwin in action.....free food , free room and board and they breed like rabbits............cut if the free food and room and board and they will stop breeding!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's probably roomier than a Mini Cooper at this point.

You could probably drive a semi sideways through that tunnel.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:22:43 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Pretty crazy, isn't it?

Don't try and fool us.  We know you're building a secret army of chavs!

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:24:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Why would you take on 3 kids that are not yours if you don't have enough room currently?  I have some sympathy since the man is working, but reality is you need make due and not take on responsibility you can't handle.  It seems they are getting by currently.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hopefully Cameron does something about this.  Get those fucking people off of the dole and let them starve if they don't want to work.

It goes way beyond laziness. The modern culture that promotes this and other behaviors has to change as well.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:24:56 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Me too.  They're pretty easy to spot.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:26:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Why would you take on 3 kids that are not yours if you don't have enough room currently?  I have some sympathy since the man is working, but reality is you need make due and not take on responsibility you can't handle.  It seems they are getting by currently.

Because the Gov. will take care of everything.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Look at how the kids are posing, their expressions, their look screams "give me"

Growing up just like mommy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Don't try and fool us.  We know you're building a secret army of chavs!

I'm covertly sending them over in their hundreds, by way of one-way trips to Mexico courtesy of The Sun Newspaper coupons.

If they then choose to try and cross the border, disguised with Sombreros, that's your problem.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:34:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Holy shit those are some ugly kids.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:42:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Funny. Not. They 'take care of' 3 children? How about "I'm sorry, I can no longer take care of them"? This is not an issue for anyone else to deal with, this is an issue they created. They need to fix it.
I am 1 of 11 children. The most we had in our house was 8.

Our house:

first floor had the master bedroom, parlor, living room, dining room, kitchen, the only full bath, laundry/utility room, and pantry/coat room.

second floor had the white bedroom(painted white, biggest), the brown bedroom(finished in wood planks, medium), the walled-off-ex-playroom pink bedroom(microscopic, 4' ceiling), and a living room that was curtained off to be a bedroom, and a half bathroom.

It wasn't bad at all: The master bedroom was the youngest's(and parents). The white room was the girls or boys room, whichever there were more of at the time. The brown room was for the other gender. The pink room was for the oldest, whichever gender. The curtained off living room got the third youngest.

From the OP:

Boy = 14

Boy = 12

Boy = 9

Boy = 7
Boy = 1
Girl = 14

Girl = 13

Girl = 12

Girl = 8

Girl = 4
My parents would have put the girls 14/13/12/4 in the white room. The oldest boy 14 in the pink room. The other boys 12/9/7 would have gone in the brown room. The girl 8 would have gone in the curtained off living room, while the youngest stayed in the master bedroom.

Some shuffling every year or so would need to happen because the oldest are so close in age, but that's about it. Would I have been spoiled if each and every one of us got our own room? Maybe, maybe not, but there wasn't a need for an honest to goodness 10 bed / 5 bath house. I'm willing to bet that she doesn't work, does not send the kids to friends to play, or does not even make them play outside.

Suck it up bitch, which is what you should've done more than a few times.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Looks like someone needs to start working the pole in the evenings instead of "working the pole."

Looks like a meth whore, but hey, it's the UK. Maybe you're right.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#43]
uuuummmm.....I have 5 kids I can't support so I take on 5 more...........and then I DEMAND  a bigger house???
No sympathy from me.........
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:48:59 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like a meth whore, but hey, it's the UK. Maybe you're right.

Same thing, right?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:52:53 AM EDT
[#45]
This is why I have respect for the Duggar family. Yeah, they might be a little out there, but they don't demand help (people help because they want to), and most importantly, they don't bitch and moan when the free shit isn't nice enough.

If your lifestyle can support a large family, more power to you. If you have to rely on the government handouts, you have no room to complain, and in fact it should be the other way around. The government should put these people on billboards saying "Don't do this shit".
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Pretty crazy, isn't it?

The phrase "council home" was the tip-off for me.  I haven't heard that in a long time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrNbLBS1D2Q

There is not enough facepalm in the entire universe to equal the amount of facepalm needed for that.  Add 'Dark Pacepalm' if you want...it's still not enough.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#48]
I would laugh, I would make fun, I would criticize......but I've seen the same fucking thing in every urban cesspool in my own country, only my country has gone so fucking retard that if this woman and her, stuck in the open position clamshell,  vagina lived here she would have already gotten her bigger free house
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:06:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
And they walk among us.

Well, not among most of us. Silly brits.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#50]
This reminds me of The Meaning of Life.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top