Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/11/2010 1:52:33 AM EDT
Who will the republicans thrown up against Obama?
I heard somewhere that Newt Gingrich ( spelling?) might throw his hat in the ring.

Lastly, what about the tea party, will it fizzle or grow into a viable 3rd party?
It appears many republicans are riding the fence with the growth of the tea party, especially with the trend by voters of tossing any and all incumbents out.

Historically voters vote their pocketbook, and if the economy doesnt turn around by spring, the clock will have simply run out on Obama to win a second term as the nation will have not righted itself soon enough before the elections roll around...politically he will be toast.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:05:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2010 2:09:48 AM EDT by raven]
Sarah Palin
Mitt Romney
Mike Huckabee (ugh)
Dan Mitchell

are all definitely going to run

Newt Gingrich is smart enough to know he's too unappealing to run for President. He's way too easy to take out in the primaries 'Gingrich called for the impeachment of Clinton on the grounds he obstructed justice during investigation surrounding his marital infidelity. While he was doing this, Gingrich was cheating on his own wife.' Boom.

The media has utterly destroyed Sarah Palin. I often read here things like 'I love her, she's awesome, I'll never vote for her because she's an ignorant hick'. The media has managed to turn even her natural constituency against her.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:07:35 AM EDT
NO RINO's!

Newt is OUT. When he sat on that damned couch with Nancy Pelosi spewing the globull warming bullshit he was done. He's in the same mold as McCain, "reaching across the aisle" bullshit got us to where we are today.

John Bolton is making some noise about running. That could be interesting.

I think there are a few R's out there that could step up to the plate. Who knows who might step out of the shadows when the shit hits the fan after November. Some people are bound to make their bones if they have the balls to stick to their guns and start tearing down all the shit the D's shoved down our throats.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:51:04 AM EDT
We Here in Ohio get a pro-gun democrat Vs. an anti gun Rhino. Hell, even Mike Dewine has his hat in the ring for Atty. General. I'm somewhat sickened. Once again, voting for the lesser of two evils.

The RNC better get their heads out of their ass and start grooming/preparing some conservatives. If John McCain or Romney run again I swear I'm voting libertarian and I could care less of the outcome.

I'd like to see Chris Christie from NJ run. He's got balls, and tells it like it is, and isn't afraid to downsize his own state government.

I think we'll see where this all is going come this november. IF the anti-incumbent theory holds true, the republicans will have to find a viable candidate outside the beltway. This, I hope for.

bigohio

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:54:55 AM EDT
John Bolton

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:15:36 AM EDT
Mitt Romney
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:16:08 AM EDT
Fuck Romney
Fuck Gingrich
Fuck Huckabee
Fuck all other RiNOs
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:17:57 AM EDT
Alan West maybe?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:42:10 AM EDT
Unfortunately Allen West doesn't have the experience to run YET.

I can tell you this, if the republicans put up the usual suspects, it will be ugly.

The Usual Suspects:
Romney = Progressive piece of crap who WILL run and get big support from "big tent" republicans
Gingrich = Another McCain Rino
Hukabee = Will not run and couldn't win if he did

The Others:
Palin = A good person, but probably not electable due to a lot of dislike on both sides for her
Tim Pawlenty = Very good guy with conservative ideals (http://www.governor.state.mn.us/) - He is likely to run
Chris Christie = Too new to his current job probably and won't run
Ron Paul = Cannot win period. He is too old and too many people hate him
Jim Demint = Very good, conservative, guy but I don't think he will run

IF the republican party has listened to the American public and understands that more of the same isn't acceptable, Obama may be voted out. If not - prepare for 4 more years
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:00:25 AM EDT

^

This.

Obama did it. So can Christie.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:08:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HistoryGradStudent:
Who will the republicans thrown up against Obama?
I heard somewhere that Newt Gingrich ( spelling?) might throw his hat in the ring.

There are a number of people that might throw their hat in the ring, unfortunately none of them have the balls to actually get their name out. There should be a dozen or so prominent republicans routinely in the news (ie Palin) so Joe Citizen at least has some exposure to them and when primary season comes they're not scratching their heads wondering who these people are.

Lastly, what about the tea party, will it fizzle or grow into a viable 3rd party?

The tea party movement is not a political party

Historically voters vote their pocketbook, and if the economy doesnt turn around by spring, the clock will have simply run out on Obama to win a second term as the nation will have not righted itself soon enough before the elections roll around...politically he will be toast.

Republicans "win" in November, MainStreamMedia goes into overdrive for the next two years painting the republican party as racist obstructionists who hate women, gays, minority children, and kittens. A dozen random republicans that nobody knows anything about enter the primaries, no excitement is built around any one individual. Some milquetoast wins the primary and loses to Obama.
Top Top